Zeno Group

Updated Oct 4, 2014

Interviews for Top Jobs at Zeno Group

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Zeno Group.

4 rounds of interviews, mostly over phone and Skype. One of which the person interviewing was an hour & a half late on call me. Then they hired me on as a freelancer for a project as a test to see how I worked. Was told over the phone I had the job and that I should be hearing from HR in 3-4 days with finalized details but never heard from them. Ended up having to follow-up multiple times, I was told over and over again it had been pushed out farther due to several people being on vacation. 5 weeks later after I was told from an exec that I had the job, I got an email from HR saying they gave it to someone else. I then had to continuously follow up for over another month to make sure I got paid for the freelance job they had previously said I was being paid for as part of the interview process.

During the early and mid parts of the interview process it did seem like a fun and great place to work but after seeing how the end of the process was handled, I'm happy I didn't get the job. They seemed overall shady and like they neither had their stuff together nor were very good at communicating.

Interview Questions
    • Asked me to do a written brand analysis on two of their current brands.   Answer Question

PR Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

The HR rep I was corresponding with couldn't have been kinder. When the day for the in-person interview came, I was left waiting for 20 minutes after the agreed upon start time by my interviewers. When they finally arrived, they didn't apologize, they didn't even know my name or anything about me, had never even glanced at my resume, and didn't seem to care at all about being there. They acted as if I was imposing or as if my presence was a total nuisance. Extremely condescending during the interview and seemed like just generally rude, snooty people that I couldn't imagine working with on a daily basis. Read directly from a sheet of horribly boring and typical interview questions like a couple of inexperienced toddlers. Basically weren't interested in getting to know me at all. Left the interview feeling disrespected and am so happy I never have to work with those people.

Account Executive Interview

The interview process here was completely disorganized. Even the higher level staff didn't ask insightful questions. They had no idea what accounts I was going to be working on - I saw no clear vision in the company whatsoever. The HR person made empty promises - actually a very odd situation. Wouldn't want to be apart of such a disorganized group.

PR Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Zeno Group.

The interview process was very long. I had 3 phone interviews and had 3 in person interviews. They took 2 weeks to tell me their answer.

Intern Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Zeno Group.

Sent in my resume including a reference from a current employee at the agency. Received an email response a week later with a request for a phone interview. Following the phone interview, I went in for an interview with 4 different team members.

Interview Questions
    • What has been your most difficult experience with a client and how did you handle it?   Answer Question