Zeno Group Interview Questions

Updated May 19, 2015

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Zeno Group (Chicago, IL).

Interview

The process took a total of about two months. I was first offered a phone interview and then after passing the phone interview, I was invited in for an in-person interview. Before the interview, I had to complete a writing test at home where they had me write a pitch letter. It was a fairly simple process. Everyone seemed very friendly and I felt good about my interviews, but I was not offered the position.

Interview Questions

• Questions where very basic. Strengths/weaknesses/why their company/asked about past experience and interests and so forth.   Answer Question

Public Relations Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Zeno Group.

Interview

First you sent in a cover letter and resume. If you made it past that round, you were sent a prompt where you were instructed to write a press release in response to any of the four questions. After passing this round, you had 2 Skype interviews with account executives.

Interview Questions

• What is your writing style? Why PR? What is your learning style? What role do you usually play during group projects?   Answer Question

Interview

First you send your resume to them, then if you pass their resume selection progress, you will get a congratulation email saying that you are going to moving to the next step, which is a within-72-hour writing assignment. I stopped there. Probably the next step is a interview.

Interview Questions

• This is a sample of the writing assignment: Create a fun, creative and eye catching press release on one of the following topics or situations: • Maybelline For Men • HiberNol • Mayostard / Mustardayonnaise • Cruise Ship Crisis Your press release should follow all AP style formatting and be no more than 250 words. Please include your name and email address in the header of the Word document so we know who it came from! Feel free to use the internet to help in your research of these fictitious products.   Answer Question

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Zeno Group (Chicago, IL).

Interview

4 rounds of interviews, mostly over phone and Skype. One of which the person interviewing was an hour & a half late on call me. Then they hired me on as a freelancer for a project as a test to see how I worked. Was told over the phone I had the job and that I should be hearing from HR in 3-4 days with finalized details but never heard from them. Ended up having to follow-up multiple times, I was told over and over again it had been pushed out farther due to several people being on vacation. 5 weeks later after I was told from an exec that I had the job, I got an email from HR saying they gave it to someone else. I then had to continuously follow up for over another month to make sure I got paid for the freelance job they had previously said I was being paid for as part of the interview process. During the early and mid parts of the interview process it did seem like a fun and great place to work but after seeing how the end of the process was handled, I'm happy I didn't get the job. They seemed overall shady and like they neither had their stuff together nor were very good at communicating.

Interview Questions

• Asked me to do a written brand analysis on two of their current brands.   Answer Question

PR Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Interview

The HR rep I was corresponding with couldn't have been kinder. When the day for the in-person interview came, I was left waiting for 20 minutes after the agreed upon start time by my interviewers. When they finally arrived, they didn't apologize, they didn't even know my name or anything about me, had never even glanced at my resume, and didn't seem to care at all about being there. They acted as if I was imposing or as if my presence was a total nuisance. Extremely condescending during the interview and seemed like just generally rude, snooty people that I couldn't imagine working with on a daily basis. Read directly from a sheet of horribly boring and typical interview questions like a couple of inexperienced toddlers. Basically weren't interested in getting to know me at all. Left the interview feeling disrespected and am so happy I never have to work with those people.

Account Executive Interview

Interview

The interview process here was completely disorganized. Even the higher level staff didn't ask insightful questions. They had no idea what accounts I was going to be working on - I saw no clear vision in the company whatsoever. The HR person made empty promises - actually a very odd situation. Wouldn't want to be apart of such a disorganized group.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Zeno Group (New York, NY) in May 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by the HR department after submitting an application. We had had a 30 minute phone interview and she asked me the general interview questions. I further discussed my resume and background. After, I proceeded to the second and third stages of the interview process, which was done over Skype. I was able to further elaborate on my leadership experience and skills and personality. They definitely appreciate a potential employee that has personality and creative, since it is a PR firm. The fourth interview occurred at the New York office with a different staff member. I sensed that at this point, they were considering my actual FIT in the office. Overall, the experience was pleasant and the staff and culture was very friendly and inviting.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to utilize your creativity to promote or encourage attendance at something you hosted?   Answer Question

PR Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Zeno Group.

Interview

The interview process was very long. I had 3 phone interviews and had 3 in person interviews. They took 2 weeks to tell me their answer.

Public Relations Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Zeno Group in August 2013.

Interview

Through an employee referral, I received an interview for a Public Relations Internship at Zeno Group in Los Angeles (Santa Monica). I interviewed with two people (I believe one managed the internship program and another was a Senior Account Executive or perhaps an Account Supervisor/Director). For the internship interview, they mostly asked about relevant experience and behavioral questions. They were very courteous and not intimidating, but also organized and professional. I had a great overall experience.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Zeno Group.

Interview

Sent in my resume including a reference from a current employee at the agency. Received an email response a week later with a request for a phone interview. Following the phone interview, I went in for an interview with 4 different team members.

Interview Questions

• What has been your most difficult experience with a client and how did you handle it?   Answer Question