Zenoss, Inc.

www.zenoss.com

Zenoss, Inc. Interview Questions

2.7

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Semi-technical phone screen, 2-hour time-limit homework assignment, and on-site. If you do something wrong and even if your submission passes the tests they provide, they may still reject you and not tell you why.

Interview Questions
    • Given a string containing a sentence, return an array of alphabet (in order) that were not found in the sentence.   Answer Question
    • Write a text-based particle simulation. Given a string of the form "R..L" and a velocity, return an array of strings that describes the movement of these particles in their indicated direction at each step. Intersections are to be ignored. For the above and speed of 1, the response is [X..X], [.XX.], [.XX.], [X..X], [....].   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Zenoss, Inc. in March 2013.

30 minute phone interview, 2 hour coding test, 4 hour on-site interview. The coding test was kind of easy. I had a working solution in 90 minutes. The on-site interview was split into 3 sections. The first two sections were with a manager drawing out the high-level organization of the company and product. The third section was with a few (4) employees in which the interviewee is asked to give a design (think class diagram) of a problem you might see in an OO class. The design will progress as more questions are asked or more functionality is requested of the system. The employees were composed primarily of developers.

Interview Questions
    • The design portion of the interview was the most difficult part of the interview. It's open ended.   Answer Question

Market Development Representative Interview

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Zenoss, Inc. in January 2010.

The onsite interview was quick and easy, 3 separate interviews in 2 hours. I had 1 follow on interview with executive management which was handled over the phone. The offer was almost immediate and the whole process only took about 2 days. Hiring can be very quick, but I have to say that I also had immediate chemistry with the person that hired me (that and a good recommendation from my then manager who was a friend of the hiring manager).

Interview Questions
    • What are your ideas on how to increase business for Zenoss?   Answer Question
    Salary negotiation was quick and easy - but then again, I had multiple offers.

Regional Training Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Zenoss, Inc. in November 2009.

Sent my CV for a Technical Trainer role locally, however no reply for 2 weeks, while the HR contact was either away from her desk or holiday or something !! when I HR reviewed my CV they decided to put me forward for a Regional Training Manager role. Then we agreed I should go and see a local Training Manager and before I go to head Office and meet the Regional Director. Met RD eventually (4 weeks from meeting TM) and it went well. he asked me to complete an aptitude test locally - so I booked it and met with local TM again. RD also wanted me to do a technical presentation if I passed test. Fortunately I did well in test however despite making it clear (but not clear enough) that I was looking to gain technical skills; I went along with putting together a session for the next stage. Next stage was with 4 other RTM and the ATM (meeting went on 3-4 hours including a long wait) and ended with the session I wrote. The others were, obviously highly technical and they questioned why I chose the subject, why I had asked them to discuss the subject matter to draw conclusions etc. My plan was to deliver something which could be used by students and not technical experts. They were not impressed and I guess I knew that was the end :(

Interview Questions
    • How did you motivate students actually use and complete their e-learning programmes?   View Answer