Zep

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Worcester, MA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Zep in July 2010.

Interview Details – Online interview was followed up by 2 telephone interview's all went very well,my backround is in the same field they were looking for.All went well until I met with the local sales mgr.for interview and had to listen to his life story for 1/2 hour and how good he was?? Then went for a ride along with another sales rep that was out in the field in the C.T area.Not impressed with the sales mgr.did not seem to want to hire anyone,too many internal company problems.The ride along was not productive at all.Found myself answering more questions about my interview than getting my questions answered.

Interview Question – How would you respond to a customer wanting to reduce operating budget?   Answer Question

Chemical Sales

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Zep in October 2010.

Interview Details – Initially interviewed with recruiter masked as Zep internal recruiter. Not too versed on Zep or sharp. Set me up with phone interview with RSM. Also, talked to person in another state over the phone. They weren't too organized. The RSM was fairly new and forgot some steps to follow in the SOP. Had 2 face to face interviews lasted about 1 1/2 hours each time. It took over 2 months to get hired. We had talked about compensation and over the next few weeks comp completely changed. The salary is a joke especially for experienced people. They tell you one thing and expect something completely diffferent. They want 25 calls a day cold calling getting new business. Calling Joe's Tire shop trying to peddle soaps and hand cleaners.
Unless, you inherit some business you will freaking starve. If you get customer base you can do alright. Alot, of tenured reps if you can survive. Some people have bben in sales for 40 years.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Ask for a better expense package you won't get but doesn't hurt. With gas $4.00 a gallom get realistic. You will subdisizing at your expense.

Chemical Sales

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Zep in January 2011.

Interview Details – Spoke with a recruiter for the company, who passed me on to the Regional Manager. While the interview with the recruiter was positive, he didn't seem to know a lot about the company. The interview with the Regional Manager was horrendous. He was self absorbed and made it very clear he had little to no management skills. The company seemed to lack focus-- they wanted the interviewee to determine on the spot what category they wanted to be in - which was contradictory to the job posting. I was extremely disappointed in the Regional Manager's professionalism and his lack of knowledge to answer what I thought were basic questions. For example, I specifically asked about a particular benefit to the recruiter, who didn't know and then when I asked the same question to the manager, he also did not know. I got a wishy-washy answer. The phone interview with the recruiter was about 20 minutes and at a pre-set time; the regional manager never set a time just called me and expected me to be available for an hour-long interview.

Interview Question – What contacts do you have in your network that could benefit Zep?   Answer Question

Worked for Zep? Contribute to the Community!