Zep

12 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Outsides Sales Representative Interview

Outsides Sales Representative

I applied online and interviewed at Zep.

Interview Details – local management involvement at all steps in the process, but very slow to schedule interviews. corporate not involved and felt like they wanted to not be involved with hiring at the local level.

Reason for Declining – money

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Outside Sales Representative
Eugene, OR

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Zep in March 2010.

Interview Details – The standard interview process of meeting with a Regional Sales manager to discuss the position. After about a week, there is usually another interview with a different Sales manager.This was followed up with application screening and drug test. This process usually takes about 3-4 weeks.

Interview Question – There were no unusual questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The length of your training salary varies depending on your experience with sales or the industry.

Inside Sales Interview

Inside Sales
Breinigsville, PA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Zep in July 2013.

Interview Details – The interview process was a smooth process that was very informative, educated me on the job duties and gave me a tour of the facility.

Interview Question – Give an example of how you would "penetrate" an account and sell them products.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – It is a base salary with commission each month.

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative
Houston, TX

I applied online - interviewed at Zep in November 2011.

Interview Details – I submitted a application in Nov of 2011 and I received my first phone interview in DEc of 2011, My second phone interview in January of 2012. My first and last face to face interview in April of 2012. Its a long drawn out process.

Interview Question – 1. Are you willing to relocated with no assistance (after being told that relocation assiatance will be provided).   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The company offered 44.400 total offer. I attempted to negotiate and I was told that it was " non negotiable take it or leave it"

Worcester, MA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Zep in July 2010.

Interview Details – Online interview was followed up by 2 telephone interview's all went very well,my backround is in the same field they were looking for.All went well until I met with the local sales mgr.for interview and had to listen to his life story for 1/2 hour and how good he was?? Then went for a ride along with another sales rep that was out in the field in the C.T area.Not impressed with the sales mgr.did not seem to want to hire anyone,too many internal company problems.The ride along was not productive at all.Found myself answering more questions about my interview than getting my questions answered.

Interview Question – How would you respond to a customer wanting to reduce operating budget?   Answer Question

Field Sales Representative Interview

Field Sales Representative
Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Zep in February 2010.

Interview Details – Approx 3 days after submitting online, I received email with link to ZEP phone interview scheduling site. I scheduled a day/time for the following week with a specific interview. (they had 2-3 interviewers) I spent approximately 45 minutes to 1 hour with interviewer. I was ver prepared and thought it went well but I recieved a rejection email 3 days after the interview.

Interview Question – Why would I want to leave my former industry for a ZEP sales job?   Answer Question

Sales Coordinator Interview

Sales Coordinator
Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Zep in June 2009.

Interview Details – I was submitted to this company by an outside recruiter. I was asked to interview the same day the company received my resume. I managed to put it off a day. I was told the interview would take approximately an hour and a half. it took at least 25-30 minutes to complete the app. Interviews themselves took three hours.

Interview Question – Not many questions were asked. The sales manager talked mostly about the company and himself   Answer Question

Chemist Interview

Chemist

The process took a day - interviewed at Zep in January 2008.

Interview Details – I was introduced to the company through a friend of mine that knew I was looking for a lab position. He introduced me to an employee that passed along my resume to the hiring manager, who called me a few days later to set up an interview. It was 1 on 1 and fairly routine. Some of the interview was technical, but most was behavioral and consisted of hypothetical questions gauged to see how well I could be a team player while still being able to work as an individual. The manager gave me a tour of the facility and introduced me to some colleagues, some of whom were management and others that were not. Zep is a good company from what I saw that had high standards of quality and needed its employees to be part of a team at times and work individually at other times. Please note that you are being judged at all times. Be nice to everyone you meet, from receptionists to hourly floor workers, to upper management.

Interview Question – What is the most important trait in your opinion for a scientist to possess while working in an industrial lab?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – I received an offer for more money in a similar capacity that was closer to my kids from a previous relationship.

Chemical Sales

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Zep in October 2010.

Interview Details – Initially interviewed with recruiter masked as Zep internal recruiter. Not too versed on Zep or sharp. Set me up with phone interview with RSM. Also, talked to person in another state over the phone. They weren't too organized. The RSM was fairly new and forgot some steps to follow in the SOP. Had 2 face to face interviews lasted about 1 1/2 hours each time. It took over 2 months to get hired. We had talked about compensation and over the next few weeks comp completely changed. The salary is a joke especially for experienced people. They tell you one thing and expect something completely diffferent. They want 25 calls a day cold calling getting new business. Calling Joe's Tire shop trying to peddle soaps and hand cleaners.
Unless, you inherit some business you will freaking starve. If you get customer base you can do alright. Alot, of tenured reps if you can survive. Some people have bben in sales for 40 years.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Ask for a better expense package you won't get but doesn't hurt. With gas $4.00 a gallom get realistic. You will subdisizing at your expense.

Chemical Sales

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Zep in January 2011.

Interview Details – Spoke with a recruiter for the company, who passed me on to the Regional Manager. While the interview with the recruiter was positive, he didn't seem to know a lot about the company. The interview with the Regional Manager was horrendous. He was self absorbed and made it very clear he had little to no management skills. The company seemed to lack focus-- they wanted the interviewee to determine on the spot what category they wanted to be in - which was contradictory to the job posting. I was extremely disappointed in the Regional Manager's professionalism and his lack of knowledge to answer what I thought were basic questions. For example, I specifically asked about a particular benefit to the recruiter, who didn't know and then when I asked the same question to the manager, he also did not know. I got a wishy-washy answer. The phone interview with the recruiter was about 20 minutes and at a pre-set time; the regional manager never set a time just called me and expected me to be available for an hour-long interview.

Interview Question – What contacts do you have in your network that could benefit Zep?   Answer Question

Worked for Zep? Contribute to the Community!