Zerin Business Consulting

Zerin Business Consulting Entry Level Interview Questions

Updated Aug 25, 2015

2.5

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Zerin Business Consulting (McLean, VA) in July 2015.

Interview

I submitted my resume to many companies on my college website and this was one of the companies to contact me back. They spoke with me over the phone to verify some info from my resume. The man I talked to over the phone was nice and helpful. I took the metro to the office in Tyson's Corner to avoid the mall traffic, but afterwards with I would have taken my car because the traffic was not that bad. I met 3 people from the company on the interview; the receptionist, who I ended up finding out we grew up a few streets from each other. The assistant manager came and introduced herself to me while I was waiting to meet with the manager. I met with the manager, he was straight down to business. He had reviewed my resume so didn't ask any repeat questions from it but questions more so directed towards work ethic and how I interact with others. I was invited for another interview where I met with another employee and shadowed them for a day while they made business visits with customers. I was not offered a position.

Interview Questions

• What was the best job experience you have had?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Zerin Business Consulting

Anonymous Employee in Tysons Corner, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Zerin Business Consulting (Tysons Corner, VA) in June 2015.

Interview

Interview was laid back and easy. They kept the questions strictly on the company. In the first interview, they had already mentioned what is going to happen in the second Interview. Overall they don't mention what kind of job this is at all. But I did a little bit of research and found out that I'm being hired for door to door sales position. I just went for practice in the interview process since I recently graduated and am in the job search.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mc Lean, VA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Zerin Business Consulting (Mc Lean, VA) in May 2015.

Interview

1. Phone Interview. During the phone interview, they provide you with an overview of the company and they ask you very simple questions like: what are your hobbies 2. In person interview. I had a group interview with two other candidates. We were asked the same questions and each one took turn to reply.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe your best friend? What do you have that the other candidates do not have?   1 Answer

Negotiation

You do not negotiate with them. They tell you how much you can earn and you find out later that the earnings are 100% commission based

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Zerin Business Consulting (McLean, VA) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied for a job they listed online and was called the next day by a recruiter. I then met with several recruiters in the office who work in different areas and would be helping me in the process. We talked about the best way to move forward and what I would be looking for in a career. Everyone was very helpful and willing to answer all the questions I had.

Interview Questions

• Nothing too unexpected, it was a conversational interview about what I was looking for. Just make sure you have clear goals about what you want.   Answer Question

Zerin Business Consulting Response

Mar 4, 2015

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback for us to further better our hiring process. As a small company we are continually looking for ways to improve. We hope that working with the ... More

Entry Level Interview

Interview

Basically, they find applicants who have posted their resumes to job posting websites and call them back. I do not even believe they checked my resume and after sitting down and speaking with the CEO and assistant manager, they basically told me how I will be making six-figures within a few years. Sounded like a sales pitch to find job applicants; in fact just plain desperate. Very few people actually stuck through the training and advance on from what I recall.

Interview Questions

• I first received a call to come in for an in-person interview thinking it was a company I originally applied to; they received my resume from Monster.com. They say they’re a marketing and consulting firm but really it is simply door-to-door sales. I was a little bit put off but have been desperate for work since graduating from college recently. I figured I would gain some experience and money while looking for other places so I figured, “how bad could it be?” Boy was I wrong. After a few days, my interviewer took me to the field where we conducted our sales pitch to various prospective customers. After a few hours, she told me we had to make a stop in NE DC where her boyfriend (also an employee) lived. She left me in the car for quite some time and when she came back, clearly she was inebriated. Her entire demeanor changed and this quickly became the most unprofessional interview I had ever had. Needless-to-say I did not return after that point.   Answer Question

The interviewer was extremely unprofessional. In addition to the above, she spent most of the time on the phone on personal calls. The topics should not have been spoken about in front of fellow employees let alone someone who was interviewing.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Zerin Business Consulting (McLean, VA) in August 2014.

Interview

I was called by Rachel and scheduled my first round interview. Met with Mark Hoge for about 10 minutes he asked me about myself we talked about sports, volunteering, school, weather, traffic. They really just wanted to see if I was professional and if I could carry on a conversation. 2nd Round interview someone took me to grab a soda (don't drink coffee). Explained compensation, timeframe, and job responsibilities. Then asked me 8 -10 questions. Then did the final round interview with Yasmine. Then I was allowed to go for the day. Offered the position the next day.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer
    • What does integrity mean to you?   1 Answer
    • What is the difference between direct and indirect marketing?   1 Answer
    • Put three things in order: Work environment Opertunity for Advancement Money   1 Answer
    • What sets you apart from other candidates?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to negotiat start date for training. I wanted to start right away so that worked out.

Anonymous Employee in Tysons Corner, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Zerin Business Consulting (Tysons Corner, VA) in June 2013.

Interview

I applied via linkedin with a resume drop. The next morning they called and wanted me to come in for a interview. First day was a quick 1:1 interview with the assistant manager, then the 2nd day was a followup with two Team leaders who took me out to lunch. I was originally suppose to shadow them on their days work that day but the rain gave us other plans and the interview was cut short.

Interview Questions

• Do you think you could handle managing a team of employees within a year? If so, why do you think we should pick you for the job?   2 Answers

The job description didn't match up to what I would really be doing. It seemed like a really fishy triangle scheme that I didn't want to get involved in, and the starting pay was something aroudn $300 a week which is hardly enough to pay rent in the Northern Virginia area.

Entry Level Interview

Interview

I applied this position and got a call from them the next day to set up an interview time. Then I came there for the first interview. That was a quite basic interview-- just like a chat. The night of that day, I was informed a second interview. At this time I went on line to search for some information about the position and company, and it turned out to be a door-to-door sale position, which was not what I was looking for. So the next day, I called and cancelled it.

Entry Level Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zerin Business Consulting.

Interview

My first interview was super quick and everyone was very nice and outgoing but they didn't give me very much description about the job. I was brought in for a second interview and surprised my going door to door selling, not my thing, and wish they would have told me beforehand so I didn't waste my whole day.

Interview Questions

Door-to-door is not what I wish to do.

Anonymous Employee in Vienna, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Zerin Business Consulting (Vienna, VA) in April 2013.

Interview

Pretty standard interview questions - tell me about a time you had to re-prioritize multiple projects, tell me about a time you had to tell someone no and how was that handled,etc.

Interview Questions

• A big focus on the interview was personality based questions.   Answer Question