Zerin Business Consulting

Updated Oct 22, 2014

2.5

Junior Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vienna, VA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Zerin Business Consulting in September 2011.

I went in for my interview I met with the manager. The receptionist was really nice to me and printed out my resume for me since my printer wasn't working. The position was offering $500 per week plus commission. I had interviewed with a similiar company but had better vibes from the employees at Zerin. I was hoping to be offered a position but they told me they went with a different candidate.

Interview Questions
    • What can you offer the company that other canidates cannot?   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vienna, VA

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Zerin Business Consulting in November 2012.

I saw an ad in the newspaper for an Account Manager. I called into the human resources department and spoke with a young lady who explained the position to me. Later that day I dropped my resume off at their office. It seemed like a nice place. Clean lobby friendly receptionist. The music was a little loud for a business when I walked in but I also caught her off guard and she turned it down to speak with me. The assistant manager had me come right back and had a brief meeting with me. He said if they were interested they would call me that evening. Instead of a call I received an email that they were not interested.

Interview Questions
    • All of them because I was not expecting to interview right when I dropped off my resume.   Answer Question

Entry Level Sports Minded Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vienna, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Zerin Business Consulting in August 2012.

I initially had a phone interview with the manager of the office. I was looking to relocate to the DC area from Oregon. He was very nice and personable. He explained how their company works, what type of employees they are looking for. Since I was moving across the country for a new job I needed to make sure it was going to be a stable position and it seemed like it would suit my needs for the time being. I flew over to have a second interview with the company and everything seemed great I later learned that the compensation exceeded what I would need to relocate to the area to cover my living cost and student loans. I was offered the position and moved to the area 3 weeks later.

Interview Questions
    • The hardest part of the interview for me was just going out on a limb knowing if the job was worth moving across the county for or not. Looking back I know I made the right decision.   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vienna, VA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Zerin Business Consulting in April 2012.

The position was recommended to me through my universities career center. I submitted my resume to their Human Resources department and received a phone call to set up an interview. I went to the interview everyone was really nice. I met with the director of the human resources department she asked me some questions and explained in detail the responsibilities for the position.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vienna, VA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Zerin Business Consulting in October 2011.

I applied on my university website. I also sent an email to follow up to ensure they received the resume submission. They had and replied that they would like me to come in for an interview. I set up a time and date when I would be in the area. (I had to prepare in advance since I was flying 400 miles to interview) Everyone I met during the interviewing process was very nice and informative. They actually even gave me a ride back to the airport so I did not have to figure out how to get there on the metro. They called me the next day and requested a few papers, my transcript references etc. the following day I was offered a position.

Interview Questions

I am recently engaged and my fiancé could not move cross country for work.

Entry Level Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vienna, VA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Zerin Business Consulting in December 2012.

I went for an interview last week at Zerin Business Consulting. I found the building pretty easily once I got through all the crazy mall traffic it was smooth sailing. I met a receptionist on the elevator on the way up to the office. She helped me get set up for the interview and had me fill out a short questioner for the hiring manager. When I walked into his office I noticed a few award and a sign stating he was the ceo of the company which made me a little nervous. I thought it was a good opportunity to get a feel for the company as well as for them to recognize my strengths and what I had to offer the team.

Entry Level Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vienna, VA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Zerin Business Consulting in January 2013.

I saw an opening for an accountant position with Zerin. I submitted my resume. I was called my the human resources department. The secretary explained to me what they were looking for and emailed me a comprehensive basic accounting online quiz. I completed the quiz and was called in for an interview to meet with the owners and managers of the firm. They asked me questions about my background and what type of work environment I do best in and said they would call me later that day if they wanted me to start the job.

Interview Questions
    • A few of the questions on the online quiz were tricky, I cannot remember them exactly.   Answer Question
    Salary based off my previous accounting positions.

Junior Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Zerin Business Consulting in February 2013.

Straightforward quick first interview. Second interview goes over pay scale and advancement. Everyone is nice and willing to answer questions and they all seem to genuinely care about the company and the people there.

Entry Level Review Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Zerin Business Consulting in October 2013.

I was recruited out of college. An interviewer came to my college and scheduled interviews in the business department. The interview took about 30 minutes. I was then invited to the office to have another interview. This interview was longer since I was shadowing the employee who I was potentially going to replace since they had received a promotion. They showed me what they do for the day then told me about the pay which was a combination of base pay plus commission. I met with the manager at the office and they offered me a position right then.

Interview Questions
    • What can you bring to the table to help our clients?   View Answer
    No negotiation the pay was straight forward. Base plus commission.

Entry Level Junior Account Executive Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Zerin Business Consulting.

They brought me in for a first round interview where the interviewer asked me typical interview questions, wasn't difficult. Told me they would call me the next day if they want to do a second round interview. Got asked back for a second round interview which they told me I would be shadowing people for a day. When I got there, I met with several people and they told me we were going to go meet our clients. So I was thinking I would be in an office environment doing a typical daily job. Turns out I was driven out to DC by the two people I was shadowing with (who were very nice) and we walked in several neighborhoods doing door to door sales for Verizon Fios Cable. This was during the summer where it was at least 90 degrees outside, they never told me to wear comfortable shoes (I was wearing stilettos). I walked around with these people for 6 hours in the scorching hot sweating in my nice brand new work clothes. Was I told that we would be doing this? No...they clearly try to trick you on purpose into going to these second round interviews. As soon as I realized we were doing door to door sales I wanted to leave and basically say good riddance, but I rode in the car with them out there, so I had no choice but to stay all day. Now I will tell you, the people I was shadowing were very nice and knew what they were doing and how to make a sale. But they clearly meant to mislead me into shadowing a full day of door to door sales in high heels in 90 degree weather. This may be for some people, but definitely not for me. Oh and I almost forgot, I didn't get back to the office until 8pm for a "closing interview". If you dont want to sit in an office all day, then this is completely for you. However, the fact that you are doing labor work and only getting paid commission with no base salary is bull to me. Since then, i've been super careful to pay close attention to detail in job descriptions...usually for entry level positions they will say "a face to face approach with clients" so definitely watch out for that!

Interview Questions
    • What's the difference between paid media, owned media, and earned media?   Answer Question