Zerin Business Consulting

2.4

"entry Level Junior Executive" Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tysons Corner, VA
    Anonymous Employee in Tysons Corner, VA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Zerin Business Consulting in February 2015.

So I came into this job applying for what the title states. an entry level junior executive. From the description of the job it was sales, calling clients and keeping in contact with them. I figured out this was all a lie.

I came into the first interview excited. I noticed the parking garage wasn't as full as you would expect for a rather large business building in the heart of Tysons corner. That was my first concern. I made my way to the 9th floor and looking around the building it was very empty. Should have taken that as a red flag as well. I was greeted by the very friendly receptionist who I figured out was just another "manager trainee" (ill get to that in a few). She was very talkative as if they were trying to screen you before you even went back for your interview. For a company that had been in business for 4 years their office was very basic and looked like it wasn't finished. Another red flag. There were 5 other people there with me. My interview was short and quick and I was asked a few basic questions by the owner of the company. I was told nothing about the job or the company at that time and he didn't really leave me space to ask anything about the business or position. He told me I would be called later that day if they decided to bring me back for the second interview. The interview was only about 10 minutes if that.

I was called back for a second interview. I noticed there was a girl in there with me who was there the day before and that overall there were a lot of interviews going on. I was greeted by someone new sitting at the desk. For the second interview I was introduced to two people. They were corporate trainers. We were taken to a starbucks down the street which was already weird enough. You have an office why not interview people there? Somewhere without distractions. I was then finally explained the job. It was not what they advertised at all. You basically start off as a sales person, going door to door trying to sell Verizon fios to customers. Barely making ends meet for a month. Not the 2500-3900 they advertised in their job ad at all. Then you become a corporate trainer, just like the person interviewing you. Then asst management where you "learn the tools of the trade" and then a manager of your own company. What?!?! Where did the job posting state this? It didn't. You would run your own business but under the owner in a different place, they tried to make it sound glamorous by saying you would make six figures in roughly 3 years and you would have your very own office. Basically being the owners puppet making him tons of money if you were even successful and you could sucker other clueless people into the business. Huge pyramid scheme. I was then brought back to the office and interviewed by one more person and told I would hear within 24 hours if I was hired or not. I was called at 8 that night and offered the position. I knew the moment I left that office I wouldn't be taking the position and I was more than angry that they wasted my time.

You need to beware of this job. it is a pyramid scheme and any business who can not be straight forward about their job openings and what they are hiring for should not be allowed to be in operations. I would love to find a way to have this business reviewed.

Interview Questions
    • More personal questions. what do you do for fun, where do you see yourself in 5 years. etc.   Answer Question

Mar 5, 2015

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback for us to further better our hiring process. As a small company we are continually looking for ways to improve.

It is unfortunate that you feel your

Corporate Trainer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tysons Corner, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tysons Corner, VA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Zerin Business Consulting in January 2015.

3 simple interviews, they just wanna know you better. The people are nice and they present themselves well, so make sure you look the part. However, I applied for corporate trainer online, and was expecting to interview for that position. Instead they interviewed me for another job. They didn't want to tell me what the job was at the first interview.

Interview Questions
    • What is the biggest misconception people have about you?   Answer Question
    • What is more important to you, money, advancement or work environment?   Answer Question
    Simply refused the job - they were too vague about the job. Not a good sign.

We're glad to hear that you had a

Entry Level Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I applied for a job they listed online and was called the next day by a recruiter. I then met with several recruiters in the office who work in different areas and would be helping me in the process. We talked about the best way to move forward and what I would be looking for in a career. Everyone was very helpful and willing to answer all the questions I had.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too unexpected, it was a conversational interview about what I was looking for. Just make sure you have clear goals about what you want.   Answer Question

Mar 4, 2015

We hope that working with the

Junior Executive Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Zerin Business Consulting.

The ad posted:

"Junior Executive: Will be trained to interact and communicate with potential and existing customers as well as develop professional and personal managerial skills. Developing strategies for effective communication and presentations, time management, how to win and keep customers and public speaking."

The job description was vague and the compensation was said to be $2,900to $3,500 a month.

For my first interview, I was greeted by a very friendly receptionist who chatted with me until it was time to be interviewed. I met with the owner of the company who was very pleasant to talk to. We talked about my skills and why I thought I was a good fit for a business management position. For my second interview, I was taken to a Starbucks down the road and I realized it was a pyramid scheme. I would be going door to door to try and sell Verizon Fios. I sat through a very boring and irritating speech about how I could be making 90k in so many months. The base pay starting out would be $100 a week plus commission. Hours were M-F 11:00 to 8:30 and Saturday 11:00 to 6:00ish. I was invited for a third interview but I knew door to door sales wasn't for me. They were very pushy with persuading me that this was the job for me. I thought taking a run for the door was more appropriate....

Door to door sales...

Mar 4, 2015

We're glad to hear that you had a

Junior Executive Interview

BE WARE THIS IS A DOOR TO DOOR SALES JOB! I went in for an interview and spoke with someone for about 15 minutes then they told me to come in the following day for the second interview at about 11am. NEVER TOLD ME I'D BE THERE TILL 9PM!

I went in for the second interview and there were 3 other people like me. Then they partnered me with a person who already works there and we walked out of the building and went into his car. At this point I still had no idea what was going on. Then we went into this neighborhood, which was 45 minutes away. We got out of the car and started knocking on doors. I was so shocked at what had happened. I couldn't leave because I didn't have my car and we were so far if I took a cab it would have cost a lot of money. We walked knocking door to door for 8 hours when the person I was with told me there was no salary or hourly wage, it was all commission.

When we got back the person offered me the job and I kindly denied it. He kept trying to sell me the job but I didn't get my degree to walk door to door trying to sell Verizon.

Door to door sales job!

Junior Executive Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Zerin Business Consulting in November 2014.

Contacted through university career database.
    Interviewed at their office within 3 days. First interview was more of screening by a manager. Behavioral stuff and explanation of what they do (basically door-to-door marketing).
    Got invited for second round a day after. Second round you are assigned a mentor and they take you out to a restaurant in the area. The mentor breaks the business process down and career progression within the firm.

Entry Level Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Zerin Business Consulting in August 2014.

I was called by Rachel and scheduled my first round interview. Met with Mark Hoge for about 10 minutes he asked me about myself we talked about sports, volunteering, school, weather, traffic. They really just wanted to see if I was professional and if I could carry on a conversation.

2nd Round interview someone took me to grab a soda (don't drink coffee). Explained compensation, timeframe, and job responsibilities. Then asked me 8 -10 questions. Then did the final round interview with Yasmine. Then I was allowed to go for the day. Offered the position the next day.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   View Answer
    • What does integrity mean to you?   View Answer
    • What is the difference between direct and indirect marketing?   View Answer
    • Put three things in order:
      Work environment
      Opertunity for Advancement
      Money

View Answer
    • What sets you apart from other candidates?   View Answer
    I was able to negotiat start date for training. I wanted to start right away so that worked out.

Account Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Zerin Business Consulting.

I applied on Career build, and get a phone call. She send me a email to confirm a interview day. I had no idea what is account manager do.

Interview Questions

don't match my career path

Mar 5, 2015

We wish you the best luck with your

Canvasser Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Zerin Business Consulting in July 2014.

I applied online and went in about a week later after being called for an interview. You confirm via text. You see, what initially interested me is the extremely misleading name. This is not a consulting firm, it's a door to door sales. They didn't even tell me that at the interview.

Interview Questions

They didn't even tell me it's door to door sales at the interview. I actually went on Glassdoor to find out for myself!

Management Program Full Time Interview

They found me in some online database and called me. Scheduled an interview the second day. Simple questions asked like name one of your weaknesses and three of your strength. Called back for a second round interview where you shadow another employee and a final interview at the end of the day.

Mar 5, 2015

Thank you for taking time to review Zerin. We wish you the best on your future career path.