Zerin Business Consulting

Zerin Business Consulting Interview Questions

Updated Aug 3, 2015

2.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vienna, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Zerin Business Consulting (Vienna, VA) in September 2012.

Interview

The interview is a 2 step process. The first step is a general meet and greet where the Interviewer asks generic questions such as strengths and weaknesses. After this round of interview they will send you an email where they invite you for the second round (almost everyone gets through this). The second round interview is a job shadow where you spend the whole day with one of their existing employees. After this process, if you like them they will offer you a job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The job is 100% commission with zero benefits. Not much room for negotiations.

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Zerin Business Consulting (McLean, VA).

Interview

At first the job seemed very professional and high level but after I went through the interview process I found that the job was not what I expected it to be at all. I was given very little real information as to what the job actually was and when I was offered a position I was not given a contract to review before hand. They seemed to dance around a lot of my questions and I soon realized why since it ended up not being what I though it was and ended up being door to door sales.

Interview Questions

Once I realized that it was door to door sales and commission based only I declined

Anonymous Employee in Tysons Corner, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Zerin Business Consulting (Tysons Corner, VA) in June 2015.

Interview

Interview was laid back and easy. They kept the questions strictly on the company. In the first interview, they had already mentioned what is going to happen in the second Interview. Overall they don't mention what kind of job this is at all. But I did a little bit of research and found out that I'm being hired for door to door sales position. I just went for practice in the interview process since I recently graduated and am in the job search.

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Zerin Business Consulting (McLean, VA) in July 2015.

Interview

I submitted my resume to many companies on my college website and this was one of the companies to contact me back. They spoke with me over the phone to verify some info from my resume. The man I talked to over the phone was nice and helpful. I took the metro to the office in Tyson's Corner to avoid the mall traffic, but afterwards with I would have taken my car because the traffic was not that bad. I met 3 people from the company on the interview; the receptionist, who I ended up finding out we grew up a few streets from each other. The assistant manager came and introduced herself to me while I was waiting to meet with the manager. I met with the manager, he was straight down to business. He had reviewed my resume so didn't ask any repeat questions from it but questions more so directed towards work ethic and how I interact with others. I was invited for another interview where I met with another employee and shadowed them for a day while they made business visits with customers. I was not offered a position.

Interview Questions

• What was the best job experience you have had?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Zerin Business Consulting (McLean, VA) in June 2015.

Interview

First of all, I didn't realize that the two companies, Zerin Business Consulting and Omega Business Consulting are sharing the same office and they are partners. I got interviews for both companies and that's when I found it strange. I was greeted by a very friendly receptionist until I met the hiring manager, and then we went through my resume and experience, and who, what the company is and what they do, nothing about the position duties and responsibilities, when I asked, the hiring manager said they will talk about it at the second round interview which is shadowing someone who work there. At the end I asked the relationship between ZBC and OBC, he claimed that they are partners, and they will share information, so that I don't have to show up for the afternoon interview with OBC.

Interview Questions

Zerin Business Consulting Response

Jul 1, 2015

Thank you for your review on the interview process at Zerin. Congratulations on being qualified for multiple positions at the company. We have partnered to enable us to work on multiple campaigns ... More

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tyson's Corner, Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Zerin Business Consulting (Tyson's Corner, Fairfax, VA) in May 2013.

Interview

the worst experience of my life. I hated everything about the process we interview at panera bread and got the offer the same day. i took the job because I was lied to about what exactly i will be doing and how I will be compensated.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Zerin Business Consulting (McLean, VA) in April 2015.

Interview

I spoke with the Organizational Admin Consultant a few times, then she sent me one page worth of questions to answer, I then wrote my answers and submitted them. They reviewed my paper, and accepted me for the internship. I started it a few days after being accepted. Overall, it was a very easy process!

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose this major/area of work?   1 Answer

Management Training Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Zerin Business Consulting (McLean, VA) in May 2015.

Interview

I didn't apply for this position actually, I was called based on my resume uploaded to a career website. Prior to the interview I read about the company and the interview here so I knew what to expect. I was interviewed by the CEO and he told me that this would be the 1st round of a three-round process. It was just 10 mins with easy questions. I didn't need to introduce myself and he was not interested in my work experience. He didn't say anything about the position, but I asked him if it really is a door-to-door sales position and then he said yes it is. I was selected for the 2nd round but I declined, door-to-door sales is not my thing,

Interview Questions

• Your three best traits. How would you describe "success"? How do you see yourself after 5 years? What do you do in your free time?   Answer Question

May 18, 2015

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback for us. We enjoyed meeting with you and we wish you the best luck on future endeavors.

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Zerin Business Consulting.

Interview

Applied through career builder and they called me the next morning! Left a message and sent me an email. I asked the interviewer what the real duties of the job are and to give a better question and she tried to change the subject or just dodge the question. And then finally she said it's door to door sale after asking many times. Very unprofessional and unethical. They prey on desperate job seekers.

Interview Questions

• What are you looking for in a career and other stupid question that has nothing to do with the job   Answer Question

Not a real job! Be ware!!

Jul 1, 2015

Thank you for leaving feedback on your interview experience with Zerin. Please contact our Human Resources department at hr@zerincosulting.com to discuss the specifics you are referring to in your ... More

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Zerin Business Consulting (McLean, VA) in March 2015.

Interview

First interview: on the phone, they described themselves as a business consulting firm and emphasized that they consult other businesses in marketing their products. Secondary interview: they take you out for lunch or coffee and tell you what the business REALLY is. Which is NOT a business consulting firm. They are actually a direct marketing firm. Meaning you will be working from 11am-8pm walking around neighborhoods selling other company's products and services door to door. They even are willing to send people alone to do this (very dangerous). The place in which I was taken was so loud I could barely hear the interviewer, which may have been intentional. This company also is actually created through another company and their clients are given to them from this other company that remains nameless to you until you own your own firm. A company that does not wish for any association to it's own branch does not sound like a safe bet. Let alone the already blatant disregard for employee safety walking door to door.