Zerin Business Consulting

92 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Entry Level Review Interview

McLean, VA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Zerin Business Consulting in October 2013.

Interview Details – I was recruited out of college. An interviewer came to my college and scheduled interviews in the business department. The interview took about 30 minutes. I was then invited to the office to have another interview. This interview was longer since I was shadowing the employee who I was potentially going to replace since they had received a promotion. They showed me what they do for the day then told me about the pay which was a combination of base pay plus commission. I met with the manager at the office and they offered me a position right then.

Interview Question – What can you bring to the table to help our clients?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation the pay was straight forward. Base plus commission.

Entry Level Sports Minded Professional Interview

Entry Level Sports Minded Professional
McLean, VA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Zerin Business Consulting in October 2013.

Interview Details – Behavior based interview. A few preliminary questions such as "tell me about yourself." and then 5 behavioral questions. Took about 25 minutes. I was offered an interview from a career fair and the meeting was scheduled 2 weeks out. The preliminary interviewer advised me to research and implement the STAR method of interview. This includes describing the situation, stating all that happened in the even, and then the out come. This is the format you should answer in.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you had to make a difficult decision?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was offered a second and third round interview.

Very Easy Interview

Marketing Interview

Vienna, VA

I applied through other source and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Zerin Business Consulting in October 2013.

Interview Details – The interview was pretty easy. However it was a door to door sales with no base salary. it was selling a monthly FIOS service.

Interview Question – How do you fell about being door to door sales   View Answer

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

McLean, VA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Zerin Business Consulting in July 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online and about a week later received a call from the office HR representative. Typical questions about current experience and education. Just make sure you arrive in style and make an errors to have some kind of rapport with the HR person. Remember people in HR generally have bubbly personalities so replicate that. Next step, during the day time was spent with the assistance manager that asked similar questions as the HR person. The next Monday I was called by HR. rep for the usual drug and background check.

Interview Question – How would you deal with elderly clients who don't understand the new technologies?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Considering the economy there is not abreast to negotiate. I have an MBA and it's hard to find a full time position in my area.

Entry Level Interview

Entry Level
McLean, VA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Zerin Business Consulting in August 2013.

Interview Details – Process usually begins with a follow up call from the manager to the location you applied at. Typically you'll need to go to the office location a few times for interviews. They will ask what you can contribute to the office, team, clients and customers. Asked about previous work experience both negative and positive. Pretty quick and straight forward.

Interview Question – How did you handle past negative work experience?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Returned to finish my masters instead

Interviewed at Zerin Business Consulting

Interview Details – The in-person interview was very straightforward with typical questions you would expect. It felt as though it was more of an initial screening to see whether or not the candidates were personable. I was informed that I would receive a call later that day if I made it through to the following stage. I was called again before 6pm that night and asked to come in later that day to shadow an employee and discuss the technicalities of the job. However, after further researching the job I decided to withdraw from the application process. I realized this was a door-to-door sales position and I am not interested in that.

Interview Question – Where do you hope to be in five years?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I read reviews online that stated this was a door to door sales position and I am not interested in that at the moment.

Very Easy Interview

Tysons Corner, VA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Zerin Business Consulting.

Interview Details – They called me up very fast and said they were moving forward with my application which drew some suspicion. I went into the first interview and could tell this was a joke. The interview was really easy. The interviewer asked what I like to do for fun, which seemed unprofessional. I tried to ask more about the position but we tried really hard to go around it.
Turns out it was just a door to door sales jobs they try to to get suckers to hire.

Interview Question – No questions were difficult   Answer Question

McLean, VA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Zerin Business Consulting in May 2013.

Interview Details – ZBC contacted me through the resume book at my University upon my graduation. I initially had a brief phone interview, was invited in for an in-person interview, and then asked back for an 8+ hour long job/shadow final interview. The first in-person interview was very vague and I was not able to get a good grasp on what sort of "consulting" they do. They assured me those questions would be answered in the second round interview if I was asked back. During the second round, I waited in the lobby for about 45 minutes and was then told I was going to go on a client-see with one of the employees. We drove out to Centerville, VA and quite literally did door-to-door marketing for Verizon for 5 hours on foot and in the heat fully suited up. Had I drove out to the location myself, I would have kindly dismissed myself. It is a pyramid scheme that offers no security and very little room for constructive skill improvement.

Interview Question – There was no question asked that was difficult - it was more difficult to get a clear answer to my questions out of them   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – They are not a consulting group, they are a low-paying pyramid door-to-door sales scheme.

Entry Level Interview

Entry Level
Tysons Corner, VA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Zerin Business Consulting in June 2013.

Interview Details – I applied via linkedin with a resume drop. The next morning they called and wanted me to come in for a interview. First day was a quick 1:1 interview with the assistant manager, then the 2nd day was a followup with two Team leaders who took me out to lunch. I was originally suppose to shadow them on their days work that day but the rain gave us other plans and the interview was cut short.

Interview Question – Do you think you could handle managing a team of employees within a year? If so, why do you think we should pick you for the job?   View Answers (2)

Reason for Declining – The job description didn't match up to what I would really be doing. It seemed like a really fishy triangle scheme that I didn't want to get involved in, and the starting pay was something aroudn $300 a week which is hardly enough to pay rent in the Northern Virginia area.

McLean, VA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Zerin Business Consulting in June 2013.

Interview Details – I submitted my resume to this job posting at Zerin via Indeed.com. I was contacted for a quick screening call within three days, after which time we arranged a one-on-one in person interview. Most of this interview was spent reviewing my resume and talking about Zerin's door-to-door direct marketing strategy. Within a day I was invited for a second-round interview, which consisted of shadowing current Zerin employees as they walked door to door in a neighborhood targeted for their current marketing campaign. Be ready to answer interview questions throughout this period during down time and at lunch. Also, try to engage with residents even if current Zerin employees dominate the conversation. After a few hours of walking door to door we returned to Zerin's office for a final one-on-one sit-down with a manager. The second round shadowing portion took from 1:30 to 8:00 in the evening.

Interview Question – Name three qualities that will enable you to succeed at Zerin.   View Answers (2)

Interviews for Top Jobs at Zerin Business Consulting