Zerin Business Consulting

Updated Mar 24, 2015
Updated Mar 24, 2015

2.4

Manager Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Zerin Business Consulting (McLean, VA) in October 2014.

Interview

Very quick interview, less than ten minutes. Easy questions while he scribbled away on a note pad. Mr Hodge seemed intimidated when I started asking for details about the job. He was reluctant to answer any questions until if I was chosen for a second round of interview.

Interview Questions

• Name three of your strengths
      Name on area you need to improve in

Answer Question

Entry Level Junior Executive Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Zerin Business Consulting.

Interview

Received a phone call Thursday morning from a cheerful young lady who found my resume on a job board and said that I was an ideal candidate for a position at her company. She asked if the Falls Church area was still good for me. She spoke very fast and didn't explain anything. I thought it was a joke. Nonetheless, I scheduled an interview for the following afternoon. I emailed her and asked for a position description and read some reviews online. Turned out to be a glorified door to door sales position.

Not interested in sales

Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Zerin Business Consulting (McLean, VA).

Interview

I only attended the first interview. The people were very nice and the interview wasn't difficult, however they did wait until the end of the interview to mention that it is entirely commission pay. If the job posting had said it was commission based pay then I would probably not have applied.

Interview Questions

• They asked me when I could start and wanted it to be in the next few days. Be aware before you apply that they really want to move quickly.   1 Answer

I don't want to work for commission.

Junior Sales and Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Zerin Business Consulting (McLean, VA).

Interview

I was first called to set up the initial interview. They asked general questions for about 10mins. then described the company for about 15mins. I was asked back for a second interview the next day where I was told would be a "day in the life of" type interview. So I would be shadowing an associate. I was still unsure though of what the job was. It was in that day I found out it was a door to door sales job selling Verzion Fios. I spent 7 hours going door to door with one of the associates and since I was not told about this I was wearing dress clothes and uncomfortable shoes that gave me blisters and a poor opinion about the company. Also, was told that most days I would be going door to door solo which made me feel very unsafe and nobody seemed to care about the safety side of it.

Interview Questions

• Nothing was really difficult or unexpected. Just the typical interview questions.   Answer Question

Management Traine Program Interview

Interview

They initially had a phone interview. Then next day they called for an in person interview. The interview was quick and last 10 minutes. They told me to get back by the end of the day. In the evening, I got a call and was invited again next day for 6-7 hours. This did not make sense to me. Upon further research, I found out that it is just a door to door sales job with no or minimal salary.

Interview Questions

This was not what I was looking for in a job.

Junior Executive Interview

Interview

Applied on career builder, got the call instantly and set up an interview for the following day. The interview lasted 15 minutes, with general questions like "professional weakness?, 3 words to describe yourself, what do you like to do for fun" blah blah blah. explained they work with verizon but didn't give a description as to what the job would entail as it was just a preliminary interview and if i happened to get selected for round 2 then it would go into more detail. talked about the company and how they have happy hour together every thursday night and take trips together-whatever. afterwards i got down to the lobby and asked someone sitting down where the bathroom was, he directed me and then afterwards when i came out of the bathroom asked me who i just interviewed with bc i was holding a folder with my resume/notebook. told him and he said its his 4th day on the job, i asked "so whats the job like, what do you do there?" he replied with "i can't tell u what i do its a secret, i'm not supposed to tell anyone". so i asked "what do u mean you can't tell me?" he said if i got the call for the second round interview later in the day then they would explain more what the job was . sounded super sketchy and fishy, who says "i can't tell you what i do?" unless you work for the secret service or something?! i never ever write reviews for places but this one really shook me to the bone and i wanted to get it out there of what this place was like. nonetheless- when i left the office where the interview was at the walked to the lobby, about 10 other people were in there waiting to be interviewed. must be a high turnover rate. wonder why. just got the call for a second interview too but declined. I've read enough reviews about this place that I've concluded its a waste of time

Entry Level Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Zerin Business Consulting (McLean, VA) in August 2014.

Interview

I was called by Rachel and scheduled my first round interview. Met with Mark Hoge for about 10 minutes he asked me about myself we talked about sports, volunteering, school, weather, traffic. They really just wanted to see if I was professional and if I could carry on a conversation.

2nd Round interview someone took me to grab a soda (don't drink coffee). Explained compensation, timeframe, and job responsibilities. Then asked me 8 -10 questions. Then did the final round interview with Yasmine. Then I was allowed to go for the day. Offered the position the next day.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer
    • What does integrity mean to you?   1 Answer
    • What is the difference between direct and indirect marketing?   1 Answer
    • Put three things in order:
      Work environment
      Opertunity for Advancement
      Money

1 Answer
    • What sets you apart from other candidates?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to negotiat start date for training. I wanted to start right away so that worked out.

Entry Level Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Zerin Business Consulting.

Interview

I had 2 interviews. The first was a brief one on one interview where the employee went through a list of questions. I received a call the same day stating I received a second interview. The second was also a one on one interview where the employee went into detail about the job. I received a call the next day stating that I received the job and could come in the next day to fill out paperwork. I thought this was surprising, as I did not accept the position, but asked to have time to think about it. I ended up declining.

I was surprised at how many people were there interviewing. There had to be at least 10-15 people waiting for interviews during the few hours I was there. Shows that there is a high turnover rate, which is not good. Also surprised at how unprofessional the office and people waiting to be interviewed were. They were blasting music, and those waiting for interviews did not have on proper interview attire (club dresses & heels, no full suits) and some didn't even bring their resumes with them!

Interview Questions

I don't want to do door to door sales, plus, this company does not sound legit

Corporate Trainer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Zerin Business Consulting (McLean, VA) in July 2014.

Interview

I was contacted via phone after submitting my resume to interview for the position. Upon arriving at their location I was very pleasantly greeted and made comfortable before the interviewer could see me. (Nice atmosphere, quiet, modern music, but uncomfortable hard plastic chairs.)

Interview Questions

• 'Does cold calls, sales, and marketing sound like something you would be comfortable doing?'   1 Answer

They will not accept you unless you are a salesperson. I responded to a training position, went in with that intent, and they attempted to thrust another position on me.

Junior Sales Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Zerin Business Consulting (McLean, VA) in July 2014.

Interview

There was only one interview. They asked basic questions like, what makes a leader, things that describe yourself, and where do you see yourself in 5 years. My resume and qualifications had nothing to do with the job however they still offered me a position.
    - I declined the offer mainly to the fact that it it commission only and its door to door sales of Verizon fios.