Zerin Business Consulting

Zerin Business Consulting Interview Questions

Updated Jun 25, 2015

2.3

Junior Executive Interview

Interview

Applied on career builder, got the call instantly and set up an interview for the following day. The interview lasted 15 minutes, with general questions like "professional weakness?, 3 words to describe yourself, what do you like to do for fun" blah blah blah. explained they work with verizon but didn't give a description as to what the job would entail as it was just a preliminary interview and if i happened to get selected for round 2 then it would go into more detail. talked about the company and how they have happy hour together every thursday night and take trips together-whatever. afterwards i got down to the lobby and asked someone sitting down where the bathroom was, he directed me and then afterwards when i came out of the bathroom asked me who i just interviewed with bc i was holding a folder with my resume/notebook. told him and he said its his 4th day on the job, i asked "so whats the job like, what do you do there?" he replied with "i can't tell u what i do its a secret, i'm not supposed to tell anyone". so i asked "what do u mean you can't tell me?" he said if i got the call for the second round interview later in the day then they would explain more what the job was . sounded super sketchy and fishy, who says "i can't tell you what i do?" unless you work for the secret service or something?! i never ever write reviews for places but this one really shook me to the bone and i wanted to get it out there of what this place was like. nonetheless- when i left the office where the interview was at the walked to the lobby, about 10 other people were in there waiting to be interviewed. must be a high turnover rate. wonder why. just got the call for a second interview too but declined. I've read enough reviews about this place that I've concluded its a waste of time

Entry Level Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Zerin Business Consulting (McLean, VA) in August 2014.

Interview

I was called by Rachel and scheduled my first round interview. Met with Mark Hoge for about 10 minutes he asked me about myself we talked about sports, volunteering, school, weather, traffic. They really just wanted to see if I was professional and if I could carry on a conversation.

2nd Round interview someone took me to grab a soda (don't drink coffee). Explained compensation, timeframe, and job responsibilities. Then asked me 8 -10 questions. Then did the final round interview with Yasmine. Then I was allowed to go for the day. Offered the position the next day.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer
    • What does integrity mean to you?   1 Answer
    • What is the difference between direct and indirect marketing?   1 Answer
    • Put three things in order:
      Work environment
      Opertunity for Advancement
      Money

1 Answer
    • What sets you apart from other candidates?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to negotiat start date for training. I wanted to start right away so that worked out.

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Zerin Business Consulting.

Interview

I had 2 interviews. The first was a brief one on one interview where the employee went through a list of questions. I received a call the same day stating I received a second interview. The second was also a one on one interview where the employee went into detail about the job. I received a call the next day stating that I received the job and could come in the next day to fill out paperwork. I thought this was surprising, as I did not accept the position, but asked to have time to think about it. I ended up declining.

I was surprised at how many people were there interviewing. There had to be at least 10-15 people waiting for interviews during the few hours I was there. Shows that there is a high turnover rate, which is not good. Also surprised at how unprofessional the office and people waiting to be interviewed were. They were blasting music, and those waiting for interviews did not have on proper interview attire (club dresses & heels, no full suits) and some didn't even bring their resumes with them!

Interview Questions

I don't want to do door to door sales, plus, this company does not sound legit

Corporate Trainer Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Zerin Business Consulting (McLean, VA) in July 2014.

Interview

I was contacted via phone after submitting my resume to interview for the position. Upon arriving at their location I was very pleasantly greeted and made comfortable before the interviewer could see me. (Nice atmosphere, quiet, modern music, but uncomfortable hard plastic chairs.)

Interview Questions

• 'Does cold calls, sales, and marketing sound like something you would be comfortable doing?'   1 Answer

They will not accept you unless you are a salesperson. I responded to a training position, went in with that intent, and they attempted to thrust another position on me.

Junior Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Zerin Business Consulting (McLean, VA) in July 2014.

Interview

There was only one interview. They asked basic questions like, what makes a leader, things that describe yourself, and where do you see yourself in 5 years. My resume and qualifications had nothing to do with the job however they still offered me a position.
    - I declined the offer mainly to the fact that it it commission only and its door to door sales of Verizon fios.

Canvasser Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Zerin Business Consulting in July 2014.

Interview

I applied online and went in about a week later after being called for an interview. You confirm via text. You see, what initially interested me is the extremely misleading name. This is not a consulting firm, it's a door to door sales. They didn't even tell me that at the interview.

Interview Questions

They didn't even tell me it's door to door sales at the interview. I actually went on Glassdoor to find out for myself!

Entry Level Junior Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Zerin Business Consulting (Arlington, VA).

Interview

I was contacted by Zerin's HR person and asked if I would be interested in coming in for an interview. I had never heard of the company but figured I would come in and see if it was interesting. The initial interview was very short and easy, and I got called back within a couple hours inviting me in for a follow up interview. The second interview seemed to be more of a personality interview than anything else. I had coffee with one of the Executives and then another brief interview with the CEO, all easy questions.

Interview Questions

• what is the difference between direct marketing and advertising?   1 Answer

A large portion of the job was door-to-door sales which is not for me.

Junior Executive Interview

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at Zerin Business Consulting.

Interview

First you have a brief and basic interview with an "assistant manager"(tier 3 level position) where they ask you standard interview questions. Then for the second interview the "corporate trainer"(tier 2 level position) asks you more personality type questions and explains the company to you. In the Third and final interview you meet with another "manager" or "assistant manager" to review you second interview and answer a couple more questions.

Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Zerin Business Consulting (McLean, VA) in June 2014.

Interview

i have posted my resume on career builder, and i got a phone call the next day, there are 2 interviews, one is behavior questions, and the 2nd one you get to meet on of there employes.

Interview Questions

• they just ask you to decripe your self? what is success? what are your weakness? why do you think you are a good fit .
      one thing to know is no matter what position you apply to, you have to work in sells, and the first couple of moths you are just a trainer.

Answer Question

because i applied for a position and was offered to work for a mother poistion

Account Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mc Lean, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Zerin Business Consulting (Mc Lean, VA) in June 2014.

Interview

General personality questions in both initial and second round interview, working environment seemed apparently friendly and conducive, CEO and HR manager were very nice and accommodating, what are your future plans, why do you want to join

Interview Questions

Everything seemed a bit fishy in a sense, that they basically cloak the real job of door to door sales in the wrapping of direct marketing philosophy.