Zerin Business Consulting

Relevance Date Difficulty

Corporate Trainer Interview

Corporate Trainer
Vienna, VA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Zerin Business Consulting in January 2012.

Interview Details – Received a phone call after applying online. Met with manager for a short interview. There were several other candidates waiting to be interviewed as well. Very basic interview questions. Name three strengths and one weakness, where do you want to be in five years, no real "left field" questions. The interviewer was polite, did not go into much detail about the position.

Interview Question – What attracted you to this company?   View Answer

Entry Level Sales and Marketing Interview

Entry Level Sales and Marketing
Vienna, VA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Zerin Business Consulting in January 2013.

Interview Details – I recently graduated with a degree in Marketing and Management, so for my first job I was looking for a sales position. I did research online and found Zerin Business Consulting. I went in for an interview and was interviewed by a girl who seemed about my same age. We had a lot in common and I felt like the interview went well. I was invited back for another interview and was able to meet with another girl who was also recently graduated she showed me how the sales side of things work then she finally got to the part I was waiting for...the chance for advancement. It seemed like a hard process but I felt like it would be worth it. Unless I decide to create my own company I feel like this would be the fastest track to being a manager and also being in the marketing field which I love.

Interview Question – What makes you a good fit for the job?   View Answer

Vienna, VA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Zerin Business Consulting in January 2013.

Interview Details – I was contacted by the company. The interview process was short. Basically I found out that other companies hire Zerin to do direct marketing for them. There are a lot of companies that have this type of business structure they call it network marketing. So they create a network of businesses who pay them to market and do brand management for their company or product. It definitely seems like an interesting business model and everyone I met during my interviews seemed nice but I am looking for more of a contract position.

Interview Question – Where will you be in 5 years?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Looking for a government contract

Vienna, VA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Zerin Business Consulting in January 2013.

Interview Details – I attended one interview with the company. It felt like every other interview that I have been on, basic questions etc. There was one other person interviewing for an administrative position while I was at their office. The people seemed genuinely nice which I would expect from a potential employer. I did notice they had a few outdated magazines in the lobby but I flipped through one anyways while I waited for my interview.

Interview Question – Personality question for company fit   Answer Question

Vienna, VA

Interview Details – The interview process was very lengthy. My first interview was about 30 minutes and then my second interview was a day to shadow one of the sales employees to see what their interactions are and what the promotion is like. I learn that the first promotion is not until 1-2 months after being hired. The 2nd promotion takes even longer and they said about 9-12 month. I want quicker promotion they say that it will be up to me and how hard I work when my promotion is. I see that they have opened other offices from promotion in other states as well.

Interview Question – What is your last job like?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Went to another company where promotion is after 1 week not after 1-2 month

Entry Level Corporate Trainer Interview

Entry Level Corporate Trainer
Tysons Corner, VA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Zerin Business Consulting.

Interview Details – It sounds like the process is a 3 step interview. The first is super basic - mostly to put a name to a resume. Don't be shocked if they ask you for a copy of it - even if previously submitted. They are very nice - but be sure to ask questions. Based on my experience and the other posts here on glassdoor - every entry level position will be focused in face to face sales. There seems to be potential for promotion - but based on the conversation I had you will be the foot team for local amenities like fiber optics and energy companies.

Overall the office seems odd - the building seems kind of neglected and the company is using older computers as long as they can. The interviewer I had was polite and asked the standard intro questions (ask about interests, what led you to this interview, strengths and weaknesses etc.) and was also great for keeping up conversation- but overall the interview is designed to take about 20 minutes. The second step was explained as a day in the life - shadowing out on the field most likely.
The people I saw working there were all in their 20s-early 30s, and I only saw 3 and a receptionist in the small suite.

I don't have anything negative to say about them- but I likely will not take the second interview if offered- simply because it is not the kind of job I'm looking for.

Interview Question – One word to describe your weaknesses.   Answer Question

Entry Level Interview

Entry Level
Vienna, VA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Zerin Business Consulting in January 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online, craig'slist. Went and interviewed in tyson's corner. The process was very short. When I was in the office all the employees seemed diverse. I thought it was strange that no one offered me a drink of water but other than that it seemed to be like a regular interview.

Interview Question – Everything was pretty basic   Answer Question

Entry Level Sports Minded Professional Interview

Entry Level Sports Minded Professional
Vienna, VA

Interview Details – I filled out an application on their website and was contacted by an email that talked about the job and the company. I looked at all their social media for more information as well as reviews before my interview. I found this site to be most helpful. I interviewed with a guy in his early 30's. I was invited to another interview and did a job follow. Later that evening I met with the manager again and discussed the interview.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 10 years?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Very Easy Interview

Entry Level Interview

Entry Level
Vienna, VA

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Zerin Business Consulting in January 2013.

Interview Details – I did the first interview and found it pretty staright forward. The Managers are all young. They are looking for a particular 'fit' for their company and not interested in what you have done so far.

Interview Questions

Sales Interview

Sales
Vienna, VA

Interview Details – On Monster.com I saw a position that ZBC has listed for a sales rep/entry level business development. I filled out an application for the job. I got a call from one of the employees who wanted to set up a phone interview with me to speak more in depth with the manager about what they were looking for in the job. I spoke with the manager the next day and have set up an interview at the office in Tyson's Corner for the week of my spring break from school.

Interview Question – Relocation?   View Answer