Zerin Business Consulting

Zerin Business Consulting Junior Executive Interview Questions

Updated Jul 13, 2015

2.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Zerin Business Consulting (McLean, VA).

Interview

At first the job seemed very professional and high level but after I went through the interview process I found that the job was not what I expected it to be at all. I was given very little real information as to what the job actually was and when I was offered a position I was not given a contract to review before hand. They seemed to dance around a lot of my questions and I soon realized why since it ended up not being what I though it was and ended up being door to door sales.

Interview Questions

Once I realized that it was door to door sales and commission based only I declined

Other Interview Reviews for Zerin Business Consulting

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Zerin Business Consulting (McLean, VA) in June 2015.

Interview

First of all, I didn't realize that the two companies, Zerin Business Consulting and Omega Business Consulting are sharing the same office and they are partners. I got interviews for both companies and that's when I found it strange. I was greeted by a very friendly receptionist until I met the hiring manager, and then we went through my resume and experience, and who, what the company is and what they do, nothing about the position duties and responsibilities, when I asked, the hiring manager said they will talk about it at the second round interview which is shadowing someone who work there. At the end I asked the relationship between ZBC and OBC, he claimed that they are partners, and they will share information, so that I don't have to show up for the afternoon interview with OBC.

Interview Questions

Zerin Business Consulting Response

Jul 1, 2015

Thank you for your review on the interview process at Zerin. Congratulations on being qualified for multiple positions at the company. We have partnered to enable us to work on multiple campaigns ... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Zerin Business Consulting (McLean, VA) in March 2015.

Interview

First interview: on the phone, they described themselves as a business consulting firm and emphasized that they consult other businesses in marketing their products. Secondary interview: they take you out for lunch or coffee and tell you what the business REALLY is. Which is NOT a business consulting firm. They are actually a direct marketing firm. Meaning you will be working from 11am-8pm walking around neighborhoods selling other company's products and services door to door. They even are willing to send people alone to do this (very dangerous). The place in which I was taken was so loud I could barely hear the interviewer, which may have been intentional. This company also is actually created through another company and their clients are given to them from this other company that remains nameless to you until you own your own firm. A company that does not wish for any association to it's own branch does not sound like a safe bet. Let alone the already blatant disregard for employee safety walking door to door.

Junior Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Zerin Business Consulting.

Interview

The ad posted: "Junior Executive: Will be trained to interact and communicate with potential and existing customers as well as develop professional and personal managerial skills. Developing strategies for effective communication and presentations, time management, how to win and keep customers and public speaking." The job description was vague and the compensation was said to be $2,900to $3,500 a month. For my first interview, I was greeted by a very friendly receptionist who chatted with me until it was time to be interviewed. I met with the owner of the company who was very pleasant to talk to. We talked about my skills and why I thought I was a good fit for a business management position. For my second interview, I was taken to a Starbucks down the road and I realized it was a pyramid scheme. I would be going door to door to try and sell Verizon Fios. I sat through a very boring and irritating speech about how I could be making 90k in so many months. The base pay starting out would be $100 a week plus commission. Hours were M-F 11:00 to 8:30 and Saturday 11:00 to 6:00ish. I was invited for a third interview but I knew door to door sales wasn't for me. They were very pushy with persuading me that this was the job for me. I thought taking a run for the door was more appropriate....

Door to door sales...

Zerin Business Consulting Response

Mar 4, 2015

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback for us to further better our hiring process. As a small company we are continually looking for ways to improve. We're glad to hear that you had a ... More

Application

Interview

BE WARE THIS IS A DOOR TO DOOR SALES JOB! I went in for an interview and spoke with someone for about 15 minutes then they told me to come in the following day for the second interview at about 11am. NEVER TOLD ME I'D BE THERE TILL 9PM! I went in for the second interview and there were 3 other people like me. Then they partnered me with a person who already works there and we walked out of the building and went into his car. At this point I still had no idea what was going on. Then we went into this neighborhood, which was 45 minutes away. We got out of the car and started knocking on doors. I was so shocked at what had happened. I couldn't leave because I didn't have my car and we were so far if I took a cab it would have cost a lot of money. We walked knocking door to door for 8 hours when the person I was with told me there was no salary or hourly wage, it was all commission. When we got back the person offered me the job and I kindly denied it. He kept trying to sell me the job but I didn't get my degree to walk door to door trying to sell Verizon.

Door to door sales job!

Junior Executive Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Zerin Business Consulting in December 2014.

Interview

The company found my resume through my school career website and invited me in for an interview. The representative said she will send me an email to confirm the time, date, and information for the interview. However, I never received an email and had to call back to confirm. When I came to the interview, the interviewer told me it was a 3-round interview. The first round was very brief and I was asked a few basic questions but did not receive any more information regarding the position. The second round was basically a conversation where I can hear more about the job and what I have to do. The job itself is basically going door to door to sell Verizon packages and you receive commissions based on how many you sold during the day.

Interview Questions

• - Based on your past experiences, what do you think are three attributes that helped you to succeed? - What is one area you would like to improve on? - Where do you see yourself five years from now?   Answer Question

The prospect of going door to door selling Verizon packages did not seem appealing to me.

Junior Executive Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Zerin Business Consulting in November 2014.

Interview

Contacted through university career database. Interviewed at their office within 3 days. First interview was more of screening by a manager. Behavioral stuff and explanation of what they do (basically door-to-door marketing). Got invited for second round a day after. Second round you are assigned a mentor and they take you out to a restaurant in the area. The mentor breaks the business process down and career progression within the firm.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zerin Business Consulting (Washington, DC).

Interview

Pretty short and simple first round interview. Asked basic questions about myself and talked about the company. Not a lot of info given but I guess that will happen on later rounds.

Junior Executive Interview

Interview

Applied on career builder, got the call instantly and set up an interview for the following day. The interview lasted 15 minutes, with general questions like "professional weakness?, 3 words to describe yourself, what do you like to do for fun" blah blah blah. explained they work with verizon but didn't give a description as to what the job would entail as it was just a preliminary interview and if i happened to get selected for round 2 then it would go into more detail. talked about the company and how they have happy hour together every thursday night and take trips together-whatever. afterwards i got down to the lobby and asked someone sitting down where the bathroom was, he directed me and then afterwards when i came out of the bathroom asked me who i just interviewed with bc i was holding a folder with my resume/notebook. told him and he said its his 4th day on the job, i asked "so whats the job like, what do you do there?" he replied with "i can't tell u what i do its a secret, i'm not supposed to tell anyone". so i asked "what do u mean you can't tell me?" he said if i got the call for the second round interview later in the day then they would explain more what the job was . sounded super sketchy and fishy, who says "i can't tell you what i do?" unless you work for the secret service or something?! i never ever write reviews for places but this one really shook me to the bone and i wanted to get it out there of what this place was like. nonetheless- when i left the office where the interview was at the walked to the lobby, about 10 other people were in there waiting to be interviewed. must be a high turnover rate. wonder why. just got the call for a second interview too but declined. I've read enough reviews about this place that I've concluded its a waste of time

Junior Executive Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Zerin Business Consulting.

Interview

First you have a brief and basic interview with an "assistant manager"(tier 3 level position) where they ask you standard interview questions. Then for the second interview the "corporate trainer"(tier 2 level position) asks you more personality type questions and explains the company to you. In the Third and final interview you meet with another "manager" or "assistant manager" to review you second interview and answer a couple more questions.