Zerin Business Consulting

Average Difficulty
33 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

McLean, VA

I interviewed at Zerin Business Consulting in January 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online and process took two days. Questions were simple but I was surprised that so many candidates were waiting for interview and I guess it was a door to door sale. I asked directly to the hiring manager but he did not give me proper response and said It is a part of management.

Interview Question – Simple questons   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

McLean, VA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Zerin Business Consulting in June 2014.

Interview Details – The first interview was a meet 'n' greet. Basically, just to ask about your background and give a VAGUE description of the company.

For the second interview, you are paired with a current employee where they take you out of the office and talk a little more. They get to know you in more detail and they answer any questions you would typically have about a job (pay, hours, promotions, etc...). They take you back to the office where you fill out a QUESTIONNAIRE. It is more like... "Did you pay attention during the second interview, if so, answer these 5 questions." It felt like a worksheet I would fill out in high school after watching a documentary.

The issues I had:
- How many applicants there were! This told me they just cycle through people without care
- Everyone is young. I understand there are people out there who will be successful at a young age, but really, EVERYONE is young. And this is coming from a 23 year old.
- They never SAY door-to-door sales. As a matter of fact, I was described a portion of the job then told how all these amazing trips happen. Described a portion of the job, then how the company does activities every Tuesday and Thursday night

There are many more...

This job is door-to-door sales. They will not say that by any means, but it is. This specific location does sales for Verizon. The pay is crap. If you're really desperate for a job, then fine, take this so you can at least get a paycheck in the door. Otherwise, don't even waste your time "practicing" your interview skills. You will likely be as irritated as I was.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – This company is a scam. They look for anyone and everyone just so the "upper management" can meet the quotas the client has set.

Junior Executive

I applied through other source and interviewed at Zerin Business Consulting.

Interview Details – First you have a brief and basic interview with an "assistant manager"(tier 3 level position) where they ask you standard interview questions. Then for the second interview the "corporate trainer"(tier 2 level position) asks you more personality type questions and explains the company to you. In the Third and final interview you meet with another "manager" or "assistant manager" to review you second interview and answer a couple more questions.

McLean, VA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Zerin Business Consulting in May 2014.

Interview Details – I was contacted by the HR rep who found my resume on Careerbuilder. First interview was the next day. It was 1-on-1 with very easy get-to-know you questions. Called back for a second round the next day. That consisted of a sit down conversation with an employee at the cafe in the building next door. She went over their management training program, which is aimed to get you to open your own office and continue expanding their sales network, as well as pay scale and what the average day looks like. Afterwards, I filled out a questionnaire about the whole process and had a final interview with the same person I originally talked to. The last interview was easy with more basic questions, mostly about whether or not I could see myself doing the job and working there.

Bottom line, though the position is called "Junior Executive" it is definitely a door-to-door sales position. This office works exclusively for Verizon Fios, so you would be doing their residential sales for them. Zerin aggressively up-sells their "management training program" to distract from the door-to-door aspects of the job. Also, they call it interfacing with clients instead of door-to-door sales but it's the same thing.

They have a really appealing relaxed office culture and everyone I talked to was very nice and social. It's definitely designed to attract young 20-somethings and recent college grads because they are all so young. The environment is a sales pitch in itself and to older people with more experience I'm sure it seems very unprofessional.

If you want a job that requires you to do door-to-door sales almost exclusively, definitely apply for this job.
If not, avoid this company or use the interview process to build your interview skills.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in five years?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Didn't want to go into sales

Very Easy Interview

McLean, VA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Zerin Business Consulting.

Interview Details – It was all a scam. They basically did their best to try to trick me into doing door to door sales after I asked them directly if it was in fact a door to door sales position.

Interview Question – All very general and vague questions to make you feel good.   Answer Question

Tysons Corner, VA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Zerin Business Consulting.

Interview Details – Got a call from a recruiter in the morning asking if I could come in for an interview. Came in later that day. Was waiting in line behind about four other interviewees. When my turn came, I went back to the office. Pretty quick, strait forward and generic questions like "where do you see yourself in five years and "say three traits that describe yourself." Lasted only 10-15 minutes. Got call back that night asking me to come back for a second round.

Interview Question – "Name three traits that describe yourself"   View Answer

McLean, VA

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Zerin Business Consulting in February 2013.

Interview Details – Straightforward quick first interview. Second interview goes over pay scale and advancement. Everyone is nice and willing to answer questions and they all seem to genuinely care about the company and the people there.

Interview Question – How you define success?   View Answer

McLean, VA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Zerin Business Consulting in January 2014.

Interview Details – The ad was posted on Careerbuilder. The recruiter called and had an interview set up with me to meet the managers at the office. They asked straight forward questions that seemed to go fairly well then I came back to do a job shadow I talked one on one with an employee and learned about the company advance opportunities. Overall everything went smoothly.

Interview Question – Describe a day in the life of your idea job   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – $38,000

McLean, VA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Zerin Business Consulting in July 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online and about a week later received a call from the office HR representative. Typical questions about current experience and education. Just make sure you arrive in style and make an errors to have some kind of rapport with the HR person. Remember people in HR generally have bubbly personalities so replicate that. Next step, during the day time was spent with the assistance manager that asked similar questions as the HR person. The next Monday I was called by HR. rep for the usual drug and background check.

Interview Question – How would you deal with elderly clients who don't understand the new technologies?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Considering the economy there is not abreast to negotiate. I have an MBA and it's hard to find a full time position in my area.

Interviewed at Zerin Business Consulting

Interview Details – The in-person interview was very straightforward with typical questions you would expect. It felt as though it was more of an initial screening to see whether or not the candidates were personable. I was informed that I would receive a call later that day if I made it through to the following stage. I was called again before 6pm that night and asked to come in later that day to shadow an employee and discuss the technicalities of the job. However, after further researching the job I decided to withdraw from the application process. I realized this was a door-to-door sales position and I am not interested in that.

Interview Question – Where do you hope to be in five years?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I read reviews online that stated this was a door to door sales position and I am not interested in that at the moment.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Zerin Business Consulting

Worked for Zerin Business Consulting? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Zerin Business Consulting Junior Executive interview questions and advice. All 33 interview reviews posted anonymously by Zerin Business Consulting employees and interview candidates.