Zeta Interactive

Updated Jan 9, 2015
Updated Jan 9, 2015

2.4

Account Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Zeta Interactive.

Met with HR and Manager. We discussed my previous job. It was very straight forward and I was invited back for another round of interviews to meet with additional team members.

Product Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Zeta Interactive in November 2014.

Recruiter called. Interview with VP of talent. Then onsite and met 3 people. Two dev directors and the vp/gm.
    All are coming from acquisition of adchemy action (a division of Adchemy). Energy level is closed to zero, interest in trying new things is low. Interview was easy - not sure what are the criteria for selecting a candidate. They seem disconnected from the HQ in NYC.

After 90 minutes spent there I was asking myself what I was doing. I declined the next steps. The honeymoon was already over.
    I believe it will be good if you look for something low key, easy work, no expectation either.

Interview Questions
    • What is your company vision?
      Why are you leaving?
      Have you managed people?

Answer Question

Staff Software Engineer Interview

Not good. They interviewed for an hour over phone. Invited to office couple of times. Interviewed for hours together. Not a great experience. They are cold, unapproachable, serious folks. They expect the interviewer to cheer them up.

Hadoop Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Zeta Interactive.

The process was pretty standard. An initial "Hi, how are you" phone screen, followed by a very easy technical phone screen, and then followed by an onsite

Interview Questions
    • The questions were not so much as difficult but off base for the job description. I was interviewing for a Hadoop role, but never got asked a single Hadoop question. The interviewers seemed to be completely on auto-pilot and working entirely from a script that made no sense. It was a very strange interview. I walked out the door wondering why I considered working there in the first place.   Answer Question

Technical Services Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Zeta Interactive in August 2012.

Hiring was actually done by an external company (Randstad), worked there for two weeks as a temp then got hired as a regular employee for the company but I've been to interviews and the questions asked are fair questions regarding the position being solicited and not trying to overwhelm the person with difficult questions.

Interview Questions
    • In my case no questions were asked as I was working there as a temporary employee before being asked to join the company full time.   Answer Question
    Just asked if I wanted to become a regular employee but working on a different department as there was a spot opening that I qualified for.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Zeta Interactive in June 2012.

I shouldn't even classify what I had as a phone interview. It was more like multiple conversations with a recruiter, and getting ditched twice by my actual interviewer. Really? You're so busy you don't have time for a 15 minute phone screen? Nor to apologize to someone who took aside time to await your calls? I know this is a tough economy, but this industry is small, and it's pathetic. The 70 million capital funding must have gotten to their heads.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Zeta Interactive in December 2014.

1st technical round (it has been taken by an fake candidate who works in the zeta with fake work experience) its an 1 of the stupid round he dont knows how the abstract class and interfaces are wotking..
    2nd manager round it has been taken by 2 peoples they are an project managers in zeta with nly 5yrs of experience they maked some comedy interview (simply they dont know diff b/w projet and module also)
    3rd round its an big piece of an comedy(ceo round) he just asking can u work 24/7 process...
    Zeta looks like as an s/w company bt it behaves like an bpo...

Interview Questions

Shift based job completely zeta dont know what are the employment rules and regulations must be work min 12+ hrs in a day I think its not good for employees. ..

Senior Database Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Middlesbrough, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Middlesbrough, England (UK)

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Zeta Interactive in September 2014.

There was an initial phone interview which was mostly a getting to know you and introduction to the role. The manager seemed personable but I has to ask about pay. I suggested a range which was well lower than I was getting but he still insisted this was upper range. I was still interested in the role though so accepted a follow up interview on site in Middlesbrough.
    The building itself is one of those out-dated trading estate places in the middle of nowhere. I almost got into my car at that point but decided to remain professional. The interview started with a simple SSIS test on a well outdated computer the manager kept for the purpose in his office. I did OK but missed a bit of testing; pressure of interview I suppose. He was OK with this and we moved on to an introduction and situational type questions, we were joined by A.N. Other at this point.
    Overall I was struggling to understand what they wanted out of the role. It was less of a developer role and more of an analysis and specification role for on-boarding an off-shore team in India. This in my opinion was not what I was expecting and certainly was not worth the package they seemed willing to pay. I did not leave feeling that we had clicked and in fact it felt quite awkward.
    The manager admitted that they had been looking for a few months at this point. Draw from this what you will.
    Hope this helps but my advice is to avoid.

Interview Questions
    • How would you deal with a developer who writes bad code?   View Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Zeta Interactive.

written, gd, technical interview, behavioral interview.

Interview Questions
    • written consists of logical reasoning, aptitude and technical knowledge..   Answer Question

Software Trainie Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Visakhapatnam (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Visakhapatnam (India)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Zeta Interactive in June 2013.

At first written test -> GD -> technical -> hr

In written questions were mostly on C,ds,CPP and some from java,dbms.
    I got 22/60 marks in written and people upto 26/60 marks were forwarded to next round.

Interview Questions
    • In written most of the questions were from logical reasoning.   Answer Question