Zeta Interactive

Zeta Interactive Interview Questions

Updated Sep 1, 2014
Updated Sep 1, 2014

Staff Software Engineer Interview

Not good. They interviewed for an hour over phone. Invited to office couple of times. Interviewed for hours together. Not a great experience. They are cold, unapproachable, serious folks. They expect the interviewer to cheer them up.

Hadoop Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Zeta Interactive.

The process was pretty standard. An initial "Hi, how are you" phone screen, followed by a very easy technical phone screen, and then followed by an onsite

Interview Questions
    • The questions were not so much as difficult but off base for the job description. I was interviewing for a Hadoop role, but never got asked a single Hadoop question. The interviewers seemed to be completely on auto-pilot and working entirely from a script that made no sense. It was a very strange interview. I walked out the door wondering why I considered working there in the first place.   Answer Question

Senior Database Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Middlesbrough, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Middlesbrough, England (UK)

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Zeta Interactive in September 2014.

There was an initial phone interview which was mostly a getting to know you and introduction to the role. The manager seemed personable but I has to ask about pay. I suggested a range which was well lower than I was getting but he still insisted this was upper range. I was still interested in the role though so accepted a follow up interview on site in Middlesbrough.
    The building itself is one of those out-dated trading estate places in the middle of nowhere. I almost got into my car at that point but decided to remain professional. The interview started with a simple SSIS test on a well outdated computer the manager kept for the purpose in his office. I did OK but missed a bit of testing; pressure of interview I suppose. He was OK with this and we moved on to an introduction and situational type questions, we were joined by A.N. Other at this point.
    Overall I was struggling to understand what they wanted out of the role. It was less of a developer role and more of an analysis and specification role for on-boarding an off-shore team in India. This in my opinion was not what I was expecting and certainly was not worth the package they seemed willing to pay. I did not leave feeling that we had clicked and in fact it felt quite awkward.
    The manager admitted that they had been looking for a few months at this point. Draw from this what you will.
    Hope this helps but my advice is to avoid.

Interview Questions
    • How would you deal with a developer who writes bad code?   View Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Zeta Interactive.

written, gd, technical interview, behavioral interview.

Interview Questions
    • written consists of logical reasoning, aptitude and technical knowledge..   Answer Question

Software Trainie Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Visakhapatnam (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Visakhapatnam (India)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Zeta Interactive in June 2013.

At first written test -> GD -> technical -> hr

In written questions were mostly on C,ds,CPP and some from java,dbms.
    I got 22/60 marks in written and people upto 26/60 marks were forwarded to next round.

Interview Questions
    • In written most of the questions were from logical reasoning.   Answer Question

Marketing Executive Interview

First Written Test (this is purely an elimination round) so prepare well and give ur best shot in aptitude test, then Group discussion- please voice your thoughts- relevant and proper English grammar leads you to the last round, Behavioral Interview! Its not a typical-technical round, here the job role will be explained and later on the interview starts- wherein to check ur behavior with the reactions u state for different situations!

Interview Questions
    • Its a typical behavioral interview , consisted of "Most craziest activity done so far " and many others, which give a clue on how you react to different kind of situations !   Answer Question

DM Associate Search Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Zeta Interactive in October 2010.

i have reached the office as per the communications made by the HR and College, on oct 22 2010, went with initial written test and then 1-1 personal interview, so after few day i received call stating that i will have phone interview with HR and then on Oct Th i had interview and they asked we to travel to hyd next morning to collect the offer letter, on Th Oct 2010 i have received offer letter asking me to join on Nov 1st 2010.