Zeta Interactive Interview Questions

Updated May 22, 2015

2.5

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Zeta Interactive.

Interview

Met with HR and Manager. We discussed my previous job. It was very straight forward and I was invited back for another round of interviews to meet with additional team members.

Product Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

Application

The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Zeta Interactive (San Mateo, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

Recruiter called. Interview with VP of talent. Then onsite and met 3 people. Two dev directors and the vp/gm.
    All are coming from acquisition of adchemy action (a division of Adchemy). Energy level is closed to zero, interest in trying new things is low. Interview was easy - not sure what are the criteria for selecting a candidate. They seem disconnected from the HQ in NYC.

After 90 minutes spent there I was asking myself what I was doing. I declined the next steps. The honeymoon was already over.
    I believe it will be good if you look for something low key, easy work, no expectation either.

Interview Questions

• What is your company vision?
      Why are you leaving?
      Have you managed people?

Answer Question

Interview

Not good. They interviewed for an hour over phone. Invited to office couple of times. Interviewed for hours together. Not a great experience. They are cold, unapproachable, serious folks. They expect the interviewer to cheer them up.

Hadoop Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Zeta Interactive (San Mateo, CA).

Interview

The process was pretty standard. An initial "Hi, how are you" phone screen, followed by a very easy technical phone screen, and then followed by an onsite

Interview Questions

• The questions were not so much as difficult but off base for the job description. I was interviewing for a Hadoop role, but never got asked a single Hadoop question. The interviewers seemed to be completely on auto-pilot and working entirely from a script that made no sense. It was a very strange interview. I walked out the door wondering why I considered working there in the first place.   Answer Question

Technical Services Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Zeta Interactive (New York, NY) in August 2012.

Interview

Hiring was actually done by an external company (Randstad), worked there for two weeks as a temp then got hired as a regular employee for the company but I've been to interviews and the questions asked are fair questions regarding the position being solicited and not trying to overwhelm the person with difficult questions.

Interview Questions

• In my case no questions were asked as I was working there as a temporary employee before being asked to join the company full time.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Just asked if I wanted to become a regular employee but working on a different department as there was a spot opening that I qualified for.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Zeta Interactive (New York, NY) in June 2012.

Interview

I shouldn't even classify what I had as a phone interview. It was more like multiple conversations with a recruiter, and getting ditched twice by my actual interviewer. Really? You're so busy you don't have time for a 15 minute phone screen? Nor to apologize to someone who took aside time to await your calls? I know this is a tough economy, but this industry is small, and it's pathetic. The 70 million capital funding must have gotten to their heads.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderābād (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Zeta Interactive (Hyderābād (India)) in December 2014.

Interview

1st technical round (it has been taken by an fake candidate who works in the zeta with fake work experience) its an 1 of the stupid round he dont knows how the abstract class and interfaces are wotking..
    2nd manager round it has been taken by 2 peoples they are an project managers in zeta with nly 5yrs of experience they maked some comedy interview (simply they dont know diff b/w projet and module also)
    3rd round its an big piece of an comedy(ceo round) he just asking can u work 24/7 process...
    Zeta looks like as an s/w company bt it behaves like an bpo...

Interview Questions

Shift based job completely zeta dont know what are the employment rules and regulations must be work min 12+ hrs in a day I think its not good for employees. ..

Senior Database Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Middlesbrough, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Zeta Interactive (Middlesbrough, England (UK)) in September 2014.

Interview

There was an initial phone interview which was mostly a getting to know you and introduction to the role. The manager seemed personable but I has to ask about pay. I suggested a range which was well lower than I was getting but he still insisted this was upper range. I was still interested in the role though so accepted a follow up interview on site in Middlesbrough.
    The building itself is one of those out-dated trading estate places in the middle of nowhere. I almost got into my car at that point but decided to remain professional. The interview started with a simple SSIS test on a well outdated computer the manager kept for the purpose in his office. I did OK but missed a bit of testing; pressure of interview I suppose. He was OK with this and we moved on to an introduction and situational type questions, we were joined by A.N. Other at this point.
    Overall I was struggling to understand what they wanted out of the role. It was less of a developer role and more of an analysis and specification role for on-boarding an off-shore team in India. This in my opinion was not what I was expecting and certainly was not worth the package they seemed willing to pay. I did not leave feeling that we had clicked and in fact it felt quite awkward.
    The manager admitted that they had been looking for a few months at this point. Draw from this what you will.
    Hope this helps but my advice is to avoid.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a developer who writes bad code?   1 Answer

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bhubaneswar (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Zeta Interactive (Bhubaneswar (India)) in August 2014.

Interview

interview process was very good. 1st round was written technical plus aptitude reasoning based, then there was gd. finally technical interview round was conducted then there was a skype based another technical interview round with the h.r who was taking it from hyderabad office itself.
    i was rejected in the final round. the key to getting into zeta is simple just be very thorough in all the subjects(programming, database, networking) not in depth knowledge is required jus make sur you are a jack of all trades. that will do

Interview Questions

• questions on sorting an array.
      performance of loop
      data structure push and pop operations
      sql queries DML DDL DCL
      some questions on networking

Answer Question

Digita Marketing Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Zeta Interactive (Hyderābād (India)) in March 2014.

Interview

Walkin/Campus recruitment for freshers and Telephonic/walkin for Experienced and both are good and fast response after each round of interview. Starting from screening, HR, Technical1, Technical2, HR again are the different rounds included in the interview process, but not to panic as they are human being and your answers ahould be precise and diplomatic sometimes

Interview Questions

• Process understanding on the email marketing   1 Answer

Negotiation

It dependa on how you tackle, but not much difficult