Zetron

www.zetron.com
  www.zetron.com

Zetron Interview Questions

Developer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Zetron.

that was a joke - 3 people interviewed me separately - and I was not even been able to talk - everyone of them wanted to tell me about him self and about what he is doing. 3 hours I was there - and nothing happened.

Interview Questions

I understood this is not good place to grow

Software Engineer Interview

As long as you are a talktive person, and have read the book "The Art of Faking It" (although you need to develop your own chapter for IT) ... Normally no white board nor difficult algorithm questions like other big companies.

Interview Questions
    • UI
      1. Describe when a decision made directly by you improved the user experience in an application.
      2. What accomplishment in interface / visual design are you most proud of?
      3. What is your experience with Expression Blend?
      4. What is your favorite feature in Visual Studio 2010?
      5. Using a simple example describe the MVVM pattern. Include an example XAML template that would be appropriate to your example.
      6. What are some considerations when designing for multiple monitor applications?

Model
      1. Describe when a decision made directly by you improved the performance or efficiency of an application.
      2. What software design choice are you most proud of?
      3. Describe your experience with .NET 4.0/4.5?
      4. What is your favorite feature in Visual Studio 2010 / 2012?
      5. Using a simple example describe the MVVM pattern. Include an example Model and ViewModel class that would be appropriate to your example.
      6. What are some considerations when designing for asynchronous applications running on multi-core systems?

Common:
      7. What do you bring to the team that no software team should be without?
      8. If your peers where asked to describe working with you what would they say?
      9. What makes you the ideal candidate for the position?
      10. Why do you want to work on Public Safety applications?

Answer Question
    N/A

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Zetron in October 2012.

I was introduced to the CEO at the annual summer picnic by a current employee. I spoke with the CEO and followed up with scheduling an interview with the CEO and VP of Product Management during which they determined my capabilities and into which group my skill set would best fit. I then interviewed in Sales and did Project Management, Business Development work.

Interview Questions
    • How I resolved a difficult conflict among inter-departmental employees   Answer Question

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Zetron in July 2010.

The initial contact was from Craigslist. I replied to several e-mails on what equipment I was familiar with, and technologies.

Interview Questions
    • Radio technology, wiring a TX & RX cable; transmit Request, CTCSS.   View Answer
    The 1st go round, position was filled internally. But that candidate was promoted by his original dept. Then the new opening: offer was adequate. It included an addition to my most recent salary to account for a new degree (and industry certification). I accepted.

Technical Trainer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

I applied online. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at Zetron in April 2009.

I talked to people, individually, for about a 2-hour period. They asked all the standard interview questions, there was nothing that was a surprise. Zetron is slow to hire people, so if you interview and don't receive a notice for 6 - 8 weeks, that doesn't mean you are out of the race; I've seen peopled hired 3 months after an interview (with no one else being interviewed).

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected was asked. Just be prepared for typical interview questions.   Answer Question
    I was asked for the amount of salary I wanted and was given the exact figure I quoted. I took that to mean they would have went higher if I'd asked for more. Be ready to with a real good salary request.