I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Zetron in November 2013.
Interview Details – I was introduced to the CEO at the annual summer picnic by a current employee. I spoke with the CEO and followed up with scheduling an interview with the CEO and VP of Product Management during which they determined my capabilities and into which group my skill set would best fit. I then interviewed in Sales and did Project Management, Business Development work.
Interview Question – How I resolved a difficult conflict among inter-departmental employees Answer Question
Negotiation Details –
Interviewed at Zetron
Interview Details – As long as you are a talktive person, and have read the book "The Art of Faking It" (although you need to develop your own chapter for IT) ... Normally no white board nor difficult algorithm questions like other big companies.
Interview Question –
1. Describe when a decision made directly by you improved the user experience in an application.
2. What accomplishment in interface / visual design are you most proud of?
3. What is your experience with Expression Blend?
4. What is your favorite feature in Visual Studio 2010?
5. Using a simple example describe the MVVM pattern. Include an example XAML template that would be appropriate to your example.
6. What are some considerations when designing for multiple monitor applications?
1. Describe when a decision made directly by you improved the performance or efficiency of an application.
2. What software design choice are you most proud of?
3. Describe your experience with .NET 4.0/4.5?
4. What is your favorite feature in Visual Studio 2010 / 2012?
5. Using a simple example describe the MVVM pattern. Include an example Model and ViewModel class that would be appropriate to your example.
6. What are some considerations when designing for asynchronous applications running on multi-core systems?
7. What do you bring to the team that no software team should be without?
8. If your peers where asked to describe working with you what would they say?
9. What makes you the ideal candidate for the position?
10. Why do you want to work on Public Safety applications? Answer Question
Negotiation Details – N/A
I applied online and the process took 8 weeks - interviewed at Zetron in June 2013.
Interview Details – I talked to people, individually, for about a 2-hour period. They asked all the standard interview questions, there was nothing that was a surprise. Zetron is slow to hire people, so if you interview and don't receive a notice for 6 - 8 weeks, that doesn't mean you are out of the race; I've seen peopled hired 3 months after an interview (with no one else being interviewed).
Interview Question – Nothing unexpected was asked. Just be prepared for typical interview questions. Answer Question
Negotiation Details – I was asked for the amount of salary I wanted and was given the exact figure I quoted. I took that to mean they would have went higher if I'd asked for more. Be ready to with a real good salary request.
Your feedback has been sent to the team and we'll look into it.
The difficulty rating is the average interview difficulty rating across all interview candidates.
The interview experience is the percentage of all interview candidates that said their interview experience was positive, neutral, or negative.
Your response will be removed from the review – this cannot be undone.
No thanks –