ZiLOG

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Technical Writer Interview

Senior Technical Writer
Milpitas, CA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at ZiLOG in September 2010.

Interview Details – Zilog had previously employed me, from 1998 to 2005. After five and a half years away, they invited me back to rejoin the company. HR initially interviewed me on a Thursday over the phone; Friday found me meeting face-to-face with the Director of Marketing for about 90 minutes of discussion. Pleasantly enough, though Zilog had dramatically downsized, it had augmented its marketing strategy and focus. The position was to be the sole developer of technical documentation and web content. The following Monday morning had me wearing a badge!

Interview Question – What do you expect to contribute to this position, and what do you expect to get out of this position?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no parlaying; I received the salary I asked for.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Test Engineer Interview

Test Engineer
San Jose, CA

The process took 2 days - interviewed at ZiLOG in April 2009.

Interview Details – Was had a phone interview, just mostly talked about my background, resume and job description. Day of interveiw had a few technical questions, about op amps, microprossors, current mirros. Then second day of interview, they put you into a group scenerio type of debug situation where your problem solving and communications skills were accessed.

Interview Question – Find Gain of inverting op amp.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – days

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for ZiLOG? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at ZiLOG interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by ZiLOG employees and interview candidates.