Ziba Design

Relevance Date Difficulty

Communication Design Intern Interview

Communication Design Intern
Portland, OR

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Ziba Design.

Interview Details – I reached out to the design department for an informational interview and after Skyping with them submitted a resume online for the summer internship. I was later contacted about interviewing for the position and Skyped with the design director and another designer to present two pieces of my choosing from my portfolio.

Interview Question – Nothing was too hard, they asked some specifics about the pieces I presented but nothing that was out of my realm of knowledge about my own work.   Answer Question

User Experience Designer Interview

User Experience Designer
Portland, OR

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Ziba Design in December 2010.

Interview Details – Was called, after submitting a resume online over a year prior. After a phone interview I was asked to come in, show my resume, portfolio, and reel.

Interview Question – Mostly in regards to how I worked with a team.   Answer Question

Account Management Interview

Account Management
Portland, OR

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ziba Design.

Interview Details – My interview consisted of a round table interview in their main conference room. There was a mix of Creative Directors, account people and the owner himself. The interview was proceeding normally until the end at which point the owner started to get quite heated. I'm not sure what I said to set him off, but it was quite awkward.

Interview Question – They asked me to write a paper about which archetypes. It was actually quite easy. It was just more of a nuisance.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I'm sure the owner is incredibly talented, but I'm assuming from the interview process that his personality creates a hostile work environment.

User Experience Apprentice Interview

User Experience Apprentice

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Ziba Design in November 2012.

Interview Details – I was contacted by HR after applying on their website and an interview was arranged for the next day.

Interview consisted of a 30 minute Skype call with two senior level interaction designers.

Interview Question – Why are you interested in UX Design?   Answer Question

Creative Director Interview

Creative Director
Portland, OR

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ziba Design in November 2011.

Interview Details – Great office space. Lots of interviews to get to a final round with one of the owners - apparently I said something not so awesome. No offer received.

Interview Questions

Consumer Insights Interview

Consumer Insights
Portland, OR

The process took a day - interviewed at Ziba Design in June 2012.

Interview Details – I still have my fingers crossed for next steps, but carrying work samples is a good idea

Interview Question – Do you have any work samples you'd like to talk about   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Ziba Design? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Ziba Design interview questions and advice. All 6 interview reviews posted anonymously by Ziba Design employees and interview candidates.