Ziba Design

2.8

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Communication Design Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Ziba Design.

I reached out to the design department for an informational interview and after Skyping with them submitted a resume online for the summer internship. I was later contacted about interviewing for the position and Skyped with the design director and another designer to present two pieces of my choosing from my portfolio.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was too hard, they asked some specifics about the pieces I presented but nothing that was out of my realm of knowledge about my own work.   Answer Question

Account Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ziba Design.

My interview consisted of a round table interview in their main conference room. There was a mix of Creative Directors, account people and the owner himself. The interview was proceeding normally until the end at which point the owner started to get quite heated. I'm not sure what I said to set him off, but it was quite awkward.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me to write a paper about which archetypes. It was actually quite easy. It was just more of a nuisance.   Answer Question

I'm sure the owner is incredibly talented, but I'm assuming from the interview process that his personality creates a hostile work environment.

Consumer Insights Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

The process took a dayinterviewed at Ziba Design in June 2012.

I still have my fingers crossed for next steps, but carrying work samples is a good idea

Creative Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ziba Design in November 2011.

Great office space. Lots of interviews to get to a final round with one of the owners - apparently I said something not so awesome. No offer received.

User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Ziba Design in December 2010.

Was called, after submitting a resume online over a year prior. After a phone interview I was asked to come in, show my resume, portfolio, and reel.