Ziff Davis Interview Questions

Updated Jul 27, 2015

2.6

Editor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Ziff Davis.

Interview

I contacted HR job poster via LinkedIn. She was immediately interested and asked for my resume. I did a quick phone call with her the next day. I was then asked to come in to meet the hiring manager, a team member, and to fill out paperwork. After that I was given a writing assignment, which I completed and emailed to the hiring manager. Finally I was asked to come back in to meet with more senior individuals in different departments. Interview took about two hours. A few days later I was contacted by the hiring manager and given a verbal job offer, which he sent over in writing after the weekend.

Interview Questions

• Name a difficult challenge or experience with a co-worker or superior and how you managed it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

HR called to ask my salary requirements. I was took my minimum base salary was higher than they had planned for the role. HR spoke with the hiring manager, who added a bonus to my contract which, when paid in full essentially hit my base requirement.

IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Ziff Davis (Scottsdale, AZ) in August 2014.

Interview

My profile was submitted through a recruiter. Had a phone screen about a week later, that lasted an hour and a half. was invited in for in person interview the following Monday. Monday afternoon I had an offer, Tuesday afternoon the offer was rescinded due to some internal process not being followed.

Regional Sales Manager Interview

Interview

Excellent. Spoke to my would-be manager, another SVP, my CEO, and a would-be colleague. Everyone was very transparent, asked great questions, and gave me honest answers.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I held out for maybe 3 weeks and they came back with a higher offer, and then an even higher one. I was very satisfied with the result.

Lead Qualification Team - Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Interview

I initially contacted Ziff Davis after a posting I saw on LinkedIn and after sending in my resume and tailored cover letter, I was contacted by someone to setup a phone screen. The phone screen went well and we set up a time to meet in person for an interview. This is where I started to realize how unprofessional this company is. When I got to the office, which was located in the financial district of San Francisco, I walked in and was unable to even find the person I was supposed to speak with. There was no secretary and the first few people I asked had not even heard of the person I was supposed to interview with. Finally I found the person and he took me into a room for the interview. Turns out, he isn't even the person who is going to be interviewing me and he sent in a girl who had only been working there for 6 months! The interview went well regardless and I know what a good interview feels like as I had already received offers from 2 other companies, one of which I accepted instead of even thinking about pursuing one at Ziff Davis. Anyways, I left on a good note telling them I would follow up later that day, which I did. I never even met the hiring manager who is also inexperienced for a managerial role based on his LinkedIn profile. After following up I never even heard back from them saying whether or not they wanted me to come back or not. Luckily I felt that I had better offers on the table but here is my opinion about the position: You make a minimum of 150 cold calls per day and the commission is extremely low because you aren't even closing deals. You pass on people/leads who are "qualified" to bigger and "better" salespeople who can actually close the deal. What do you actually learn doing that? You don't close deals, you don't really do any prospecting, the only decision you will make is who to connect the "qualified lead" with. If you are just looking for a JOB this is a company you should look at, but if you're looking to start a CAREER you should steer away from Ziff Davis.

Interview Questions

• Honestly, every question was generic. Not a single unique question. What is your biggest strength? Weakness? Why sales? What are your hobbies?   Answer Question

LQT Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Ziff Davis (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Started with an initial quick phone screen, which was pretty basic. Quickly set up with an in-person interview for later that week. Met with 3 people, 2 sales managers and then the head of the department. Overall, it was a pretty basic interview. I actually really liked the 3 guys I spoke with. Instead of being like an interview, it was more like we were just talking. I was interviewing for an entry level position, so I have a feeling they were looking to see if I would get along with the rest of the team.

Interview Questions

I received another job elsewhere that had better hours.

Production Editor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Ziff Davis.

Interview

I was hired by my friend, who was the manager of the department

Interview Questions

• The interview process was fairly easy...I had the qualifications and thats what they were interested in   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation phase.

Freelance Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Ziff Davis (New York, NY) in May 2012.

Interview

Was recommended by previous Creative Director. Hiring manager was very pleasant and easy-going. Seemed to be more interested in if I was capable in doing the day to day work (it was a entry level position), and what type of person I was

Interview Questions

• What's your experience professionally? Skill level? What do you feel you can bring to the company in your role?   Answer Question

Regional Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Ziff Davis (New York, NY) in June 2011.

Interview

Long day of interviews, but nothing too tough. I met with the VP of Sales, Director of Marketing and fellow sales reps. The HR manager was very nice and made me feel at home.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Ziff?   1 Answer

Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Ziff Davis (San Francisco, CA) in December 2010.

Interview

The interviewing process consisted of 3 phone calls and 1 in person meeting. I met with 4 "managers" for the interview at the office. The office is nice and is located in downtown San Francisco. The questions were a lot about past experiences vs knowledge of the company & products.

Interview Questions

• Please explain one time your ethics were compromised and what you did before and after   Answer Question

Negotiation

Was about to get 5K more then the initial offer.