Zillow

Updated Oct 9, 2014
Updated Oct 9, 2014

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Zillow.

I first had a phone interview with my would-be boss, and he was extremely nice and helpful regarding the Account Management position. At the end of our phone call, he let me know he wanted me to come in and meet with some of the team members (4 interviews, 30 minutes each). I set that up with a recruiting coordinator for the following week. The interviews went extremely well, and everyone seemed to love working there. The job seemed right up my alley, and I felt that everything went really well. At the end of the interview, the recruiting coordinator walked me out and said she'd get back to me in 1 week since the position was new and they had more interviewing to do. A week and 1 day later, I had not heard anything back so I emailed my would-be boss, who I had a phone interview and in-person interview with, reassuring my desire for the job and that I was qualified. I heard nothing back. Another week went by, and I emailed the recruiting coordinator asking for an update. 1 hour later, I got a generic email stating that they were moving forward with other candidates.

Interview Questions
  • The most unexpected question was they asked me to be an Account Manager at Zillow and role play how I would handle an angry customer on the phone.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Zillow

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Zillow in April 2014.

Interview process was very detailed, I actually went through two rounds of interviews, 1st round was for Sales and second was for Account Management. In total I think I spent 6-8 hours interviewing with the company. I did three phone interviews, 1 video interview and 6 in person interviews. Everyone I spoke with was very informative and had great questions for me. You can tell all the employees know their Zillow background! I was very confident with all my interviews, left with a smile on my face and really thought I had the job, I was let down when I got a robot like automated rejection email from Zillow, slightly insulting after all the time I put in. Oh well, their loss.

Interview Questions
    • The Sales interviews were much more intense then the Account Management, be prepared to practice selling something in the Sales interview. The Account Managers want to know more about you as a person, how you work, what you like, how you handle difficult situations, etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Zillow in April 2014.

I applied for an Account Manager position and was responded to in a little over a week by a Zillow recruiter. We set up a phone screen and after that, I heard back quickly about speaking to the hiring manager. After speaking to the hiring manager on the phone, I was invited to go onsite to meet some members of the team. During my onsite, I met with two scheduled interviewers, talked to the hiring manager over the phone again, and two other people from another team were pulled in to meet me and ask me questions. After the in-person, I was scheduled to speak over the phone with a Director in Seattle, and then I was scheduled to speak on the phone with a Manager that this position would be working with the day after that. I received an offer two days after the call with the Manager.

Overall, I felt like they were trying to see if I would be a good fit, culturally. I was asked lots of questions about what I like to do, what my hobbies are, etc. Everyone I spoke with was very nice and seemed to be pretty laid back.

Interview Questions
    • I have held quite a few jobs over the past five years or so, (due to layoffs, contract work, etc.) and got a question about whether or not I would move on quickly from the company. It seems like loyalty is very important here, as they seem to really promote from within.   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate, but they were very clear with me in the initial phone screen what the range for the position was. HR was willing to take my counter-offer to the CEO and I did end up getting a little more than initially offered.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Zillow in March 2014.

I was referred to the position of Account Manager by an HR representative with Ziilow. We were in the middle of a phone interview for an Inside Sales position, when she quickly discovered that the role was not for me. She instead recommended that I apply for the Account Manager position, and I submitted my application via their website.

Five days later, I received a call from the Director of the department for which I had applied for. The call was unexpected, but it was casual and brief, lasting about 5 minutes. At the end of the call, he invited me to come in for an onsite interview. Immediately after hanging up, I received an email from a recruiting coordinator to schedule arrangements for the interviews.

The interview loop consisted of four different interviews - one peer interview, another interview with a peer from a different but connected team, an interview with the team lead, and a final interview with the director. The four interviews together took a total of two hours, and I was told that I would be notified about the hiring status after two days.

Seen days later (due to scheduling conflicts of other candidates), I was notified that the hiring manager has decided to move forward with other candidates.

Interview Questions
    • Given your current direction and interests (that being in the nonprofit sector), why have you decided to change gears and make a move in the direction towards Zillow?   View Answer