Zillow Customer Service Interview Questions

Updated Aug 10, 2015

2.9

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Zillow (Seattle, WA) in June 2015.

Interview

Four different people interview you at separate times. They seem less concerned about how good you will be at your job than they are about how well you will fit in. They don't value diversity, every one of the six people I met that day had the same personality so prepare to come off as a beer loving extrovert. If you are a sorority or frat guy you will fit in perfectly here. Not saying it is a bad thing, but they are definitely more concerned about finding someone to fit into the greek life mentality than someone who is a hard worker and interested in moving up in the company. This explains why they have awesome reviews from co-workers on glassdoor (who wouldn't want to drink and socialize all day at work?) but bad reviews from customers on yelp.

Interview Questions

• What do you like to do on your free time? (Be prepared to answer questions related to what you do outside of work more than questions related to the job description you are applying for).   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Zillow

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Zillow (Seattle, WA) in January 2015.

Interview

I sent in an online application and was responded to via email within 2 days. They scheduled a phone interview for later that week. The recruiter called me 30 minutes late but was very apologetic. It seemed to go well and we had a 25 minute conversation. He asked very standard questions about my current employment, salary requirements, a situation where I demonstrated excellent customer service, etc. He said he'd contact me if he wanted to schedule an interview - didn't hear back.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation in which you demonstrated above and beyond customer service?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Zillow (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Applied online and received an e-mail requesting a phone interview a few days later. Set one up for the following day and the recruiter called 10 minutes late. Asked some typical questions, but didn't really give me time to ask the questions I wanted to ask -- if he called on time then I probably would have. Prompt reply on the next steps though.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where there was something difficult and you solved the issue   1 Answer

Customer Service Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zillow.

Interview

Applied online, received an email to set up a phone interview. Had two phone interviews, then was invited to come in for an in person interview with 4 people. One at a time. Whole process took over two hours. They seemed concerned with not only my ability to do the job, but how I would fit in with the team and the company as a whole. A few days later I had a job offer!

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Zillow (Seattle, WA) in July 2014.

Interview

I was contacted via email the same day I submitted my application online to set up an initial phone-screening. This screening was followed by a phone interview conducted by the hiring manager. All questions were expected and not very difficult, however, the interviewer sounded as if he was located inside an empty conference room and speaking into the phone from 10 feet away. The questions, therefore, were quite difficult to answer fluidly considering that it was hard to decipher each word behind the echo & opacity.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Zillow (Seattle, WA) in June 2014.

Interview

Typically, you will have a phone interview first. The entire interview process will facilitated by a fantastic HR team that is quick to respond. Once invited to interview at Zillow, you will likely meet with 2-4 team managers and leads. You will have a background check. If you are offered a position, you will receive clear communications from the HR facilitator.

Customer Service Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Zillow.

Interview

Submitted online application and was contacted by a recruiter within a week. I set up a phone interview, which ended up lasting only 20 minutes. By the end of the interview, I wasn't sure how it went. The questions were very general, and seemed to be more along the lines of "will you be a good culture fit". Within 48 hours the recruiter called back, and said they wanted to do an in-person interview. It was to be with four different managers. When I arrived at the office five minutes early, the interviewers seemed to be unprepared. They appeared to be very busy with work and unfamiliar with my resume (stopped to read it for a few minutes before asking me any questions or saying anything). Each interviewer was very nice, and seemed concerned about maintaining a laid back, "think outside the box" company culture. Jeans, button-ups, t-shirts and nice athletic shoes. I would not recommend wearing a suit and tie to this interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you would explain Zillow to a computer illiterate person   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was severely low-balled, which I must partially take responsibility for. I was informed later that someone in senior management was bragging about how little they got away with offering me. Made me feel pretty bad. Lesson: NEVER GIVE THE FIRST NUMBER in negotiation.