Zillow

Updated Nov 12, 2014
Updated Nov 12, 2014

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Customer Service Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Zillow.

Applied online, received an email to set up a phone interview. Had two phone interviews, then was invited to come in for an in person interview with 4 people. One at a time. Whole process took over two hours. They seemed concerned with not only my ability to do the job, but how I would fit in with the team and the company as a whole. A few days later I had a job offer!

Other Interview Reviews for Zillow

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Zillow in July 2014.

I was contacted via email the same day I submitted my application online to set up an initial phone-screening. This screening was followed by a phone interview conducted by the hiring manager.
    All questions were expected and not very difficult, however, the interviewer sounded as if he was located inside an empty conference room and speaking into the phone from 10 feet away. The questions, therefore, were quite difficult to answer fluidly considering that it was hard to decipher each word behind the echo & opacity.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Zillow in June 2014.

Typically, you will have a phone interview first. The entire interview process will facilitated by a fantastic HR team that is quick to respond. Once invited to interview at Zillow, you will likely meet with 2-4 team managers and leads. You will have a background check. If you are offered a position, you will receive clear communications from the HR facilitator.

Customer Service Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Zillow.

Submitted online application and was contacted by a recruiter within a week. I set up a phone interview, which ended up lasting only 20 minutes. By the end of the interview, I wasn't sure how it went. The questions were very general, and seemed to be more along the lines of "will you be a good culture fit".

Within 48 hours the recruiter called back, and said they wanted to do an in-person interview. It was to be with four different managers. When I arrived at the office five minutes early, the interviewers seemed to be unprepared. They appeared to be very busy with work and unfamiliar with my resume (stopped to read it for a few minutes before asking me any questions or saying anything).

Each interviewer was very nice, and seemed concerned about maintaining a laid back, "think outside the box" company culture. Jeans, button-ups, t-shirts and nice athletic shoes. I would not recommend wearing a suit and tie to this interview.

Interview Questions
    • Describe how you would explain Zillow to a computer illiterate person   Answer Question
    I was severely low-balled, which I must partially take responsibility for. I was informed later that someone in senior management was bragging about how little they got away with offering me. Made me feel pretty bad. Lesson: NEVER GIVE THE FIRST NUMBER in negotiation.