Zillow

Zillow Data and Analytics Specialist Interview Questions

1 Interview Review

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Data and Analytics Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 days - interviewed at Zillow in July 2013.

Applied online and heard back within a couple of days. First response from the recruiter included a relatively straightforward data exercise. The day after I turned in my answers I had a request for a conversation with the same recruiter. It went well and included general fit questions, a discussion about what I am looking for in my search, etc.

A few days later a spoke with a senior analyst/hiring manager. Again, the call was basically an overview of the position, the structure of the department, and likely projects. I was also asked about my skill set, past projects, coursework, etc. I was then scheduled to speak to the manager of the analytics department—the final step before they flew me up to Seattle. At this point, however, I received an offer from my first choice for employment, so I cancelled the next phone call. I was told I was a strong candidate and that they were disappointed, which definitely boosted the ol' self-esteem.

Interview Questions
  • Really—nothing too challenging. While the data exercise wasn't particularly difficult, I did notice one question that could easily trip someone up if they weren't being entirely thorough during their data cleaning. My advise: take your time and really look over your results; avoid answers that are correct but somewhat sloppy or hurried. Also, take the time to return your results in a clean format and include the script. This will likely help your chances big time.   View Answer

Worked for Zillow? Contribute to the Community!