Zillow Inside Sales Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Jun 17, 2015

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Zillow (Seattle, WA) in May 2015.

Interview

I initially interviewed with a in-house recruiter, who informed me that I was not chosen for the position I initially applied for. He then referred me on to one of the other hiring managers who thought my skills were more suited for. I then had two phone interviews. One with the hiring manager for that department, and then one with the VP of Sales. I was informed that I was not chosen for that second position, which was very surprising because I have all the qualifications they said they were looking for. I know that because I live in Idaho, maybe they did not think they wanted to ask someone to move for this position. Irony is, I am from Seattle, and am moving back, but in the end, I think that was the detractor to inviting me to the training this week.

Interview Questions

• 1. Why would you like to work for Zillow?
     2. Are you comfortable making sales on the phone?
     3. Would you consider yourself a one-call closer?
     4. Would you relocate?
     5. What do you think Top Sales people possess that the rest of sales professionals dont?

Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Zillow

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Zillow (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Two phone screenings, one with the recruiter and another with a sales manger. Then an in person interview that lasted 3 hours. Had to do a one on one with all three sales mangers and then with the VP of sales. Pretty straight forward process, everyone was easy to talk to.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate a little bit for the starting salary. They have what seems to be a good pay plan.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

The process took a weekinterviewed at Zillow (Seattle, WA) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied online, there was a phone interview that was quite easy and they ask you simple questions just to get to know you. They described the job as making calls all day which in the end did not sound appealing to me at all so I decided to not go forward with the process. Everyone I talked to though was incredibly nice and it seems like a great company.

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Zillow (Irvine, CA).

Interview

I had 3 interviews. One over the Phone, One on the Web, One in-person in Irvine. Traveled far for the final one. Had 3 in-person interviews that day at Zillow. Was given a follow up tour and met a lot of the office. Thought I was in the bag. Never heard back. Was upset.

Interview Questions

Zillow Response

Apr 28, 2015Director Recruiting

Thank you for sharing your interview experience, I was disappointed to hear you didn't hear back from us! We always strive to close the loop with interviews, I'm not sure what happened here, but ... More

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Zillow (Seattle, WA) in August 2014.

Interview

I initially had two phone interviews after applying online. Then I had a one-way skype interview where they asked questions and recorded my responses to review. Shortly after that interview I was asked to come into the office for an onsite interview with three people. After talking with all three they asked me to stay put for a couple minutes. Then they sent in someone for another department to interview me for a different position. This sounded like good news being as it was a better position but I did not receive an offer for either. The HR team seamed really rushed and unprepared... none of them even knew who I was or had a chance to review my resume which I thought was odd.

Interview Questions

• How much do you want to earn?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Zillow (Seattle, WA) in July 2014.

Interview

Applied via LinkedIn and was contacted by an HR recruiter to set up a brief phone interview, which was a simple screen. Then I had a video interview which was a one-way skype - 20 seconds to prepare for a question that popped up on the screen. After that since I was an out of state applicant I had a phone screen with their sales manager. Was invited to Seattle to interview with two sales managers after that. My issue is I spent nearly $1,500 flying out there from Florida and all I got in return was a copy and paste generic email saying I didn't get the job. No reason, no explanation, nothing. Not a good sign of a good company, glad I didn't get the job. Seems like their product is getting tired, too. There's only so many agents. Stay away.

Interview Questions

• Interviewer asked me if I had more energy. Wanted to tell him I just spent $1,000 on a flight and flew all night to get there, seemed like an inappropriate interview question.   Answer Question

Zillow Response

Jul 22, 2014Director Recruiting

Thank you for your interview feedback. As a company and as part of our recruiting philosophy, we value swiftness of communication and timely feedback. With that, we have opted to use email in ... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Zillow (Irvine, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

Phone Interview with HR then in person interview with Director of Sales and three managers. Each manager pretty much asks the same questions, but obviously each has different standards and things they are loping for.

Interview Questions

• They ask you to sell them on something pretty much giving a mock sale   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Zillow (Seattle, WA) in May 2014.

Interview

I applied to Zillow via LinkedIn over the weekend. I was contacted on Monday to set up a video interview, then I was contacted two days after that for a phone interview(completed on Wednesday) and on Friday I had my in person interview.

The guy from HR who guided me through the whole process (who I assume was the recruiter) was super helpful and answered all of my questions. Definitely a positive and empowering interview

Interview Questions

• When was a time in the past when you faced a challenge and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Inside Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Zillow.

Interview

3 step interview process. First a phone interview with the recruiter. Than a video interview which is difficult because it's similar to talking to a wall. Then, you are called into the office to meet with 2 sales managers and the VP of sales. The face to face interviews were horrible. I was put in a dark room (similar to an interrogation room) and waited long times in between each interview. The questions they give you are fast paced and they expect you know your stuff when it comes to sales.

Interview Questions

• Real Estate agents have heard every pitch from every salesperson, what would you say to them that is different from everyone else?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Inside Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Zillow.

Interview

The first 3 pre-interviews went well with relatively normal interview questions. Then there was my final phone interview... The guy that interviewed me was a recently promoted sales director and seemed pissed off and put out that he had to talk to me. He was abrasive and had all of the charm of a used car salesman. He also made it seem like Zillow was just a factory for outbound phone calls saying that 150+ phone calls a day would be expected. Needless to say, it turned me off on him and Zillow in general.