Zillow

Average Difficulty
23 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Seattle, WA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Zillow in December 2012.

Interview Details – Phone interview. Face to Face with three different managers. I felt like the interview process is a breeze if you just act natural. They are not looking for a rocket scientist. Zillow want's sales people that are comfortable in their own skin and not afraid to be told NO.

Interview Question – I own a Video Game shop and you need to sell me this candy. Go.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate. In retrospect, I should have.

Irvine, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Zillow in May 2013.

Interview Details – Apply online. E-mail response to set up a telephone interview. First interview lasted 10 minutes on the phone. At the end of this round, the Zillow rep asked me to go on to the second interview, which was a telephone interview also. End of that second telephone interview, John, the senior manager, said he'd get back to me within a week. 4 Minutes later was an e-mail invitation to set-up an in-person interview, which I did for the following week. All interview start to finish happened within 9 days and I had only applied for the position less than 2 weeks earlier.

Interview Question – They ask you to sell them something (or Zillow advertising) via the phone.   View Answer

Irvine, CA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Zillow in February 2013.

Interview Details – Phone interview followed up by office interview. Office interview was with 3 separate managers. They were very responsive and positive. I left the interview feeling very positive. Have questions ready as it is the best time to find out as much as possible about the culture as possible.

Interview Question – Tell me about a challenge you were able to overcome.   Answer Question

Inside Sales Consultant

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Zillow.

Interview Details – The first 3 pre-interviews went well with relatively normal interview questions. Then there was my final phone interview... The guy that interviewed me was a recently promoted sales director and seemed pissed off and put out that he had to talk to me. He was abrasive and had all of the charm of a used car salesman. He also made it seem like Zillow was just a factory for outbound phone calls saying that 150+ phone calls a day would be expected. Needless to say, it turned me off on him and Zillow in general.

Very Difficult Interview

Inside Sales Consultant

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Zillow.

Interview Details – 3 step interview process. First a phone interview with the recruiter. Than a video interview which is difficult because it's similar to talking to a wall. Then, you are called into the office to meet with 2 sales managers and the VP of sales. The face to face interviews were horrible. I was put in a dark room (similar to an interrogation room) and waited long times in between each interview. The questions they give you are fast paced and they expect you know your stuff when it comes to sales.

Interview Question – Real Estate agents have heard every pitch from every salesperson, what would you say to them that is different from everyone else?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Irvine, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Zillow.

Interview Details – This was a pretty straightforward sales interview. HR phone interview, Sales Director Phone Interview, then in person interview with 2 sales managers and the sales director. Show enthusiasm, resiliency and that you're a hard worker. Those are important to you being successful in the position. Be prepared, research the company and be ready to sell something in the interview. They are very transparent, the job is not easy and they tell you that, but keep in mind all sales jobs are challenging. The interview process moves fast and they will make their decisions quickly.

Interview Question – Pitch me premier agent program.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, it's a sales job, sell something to make money. Base pay is competitive and benefits are great.

Irvine, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Zillow in March 2014.

Interview Details – several phone interviews, very high energy and good questions, then you're asked to come in for on site interviews. They emailed permission to complete my background check.(which I received in the mail, all clear) Then the three interviews, sales manager, hiring manager and director of sales. In the face to face there was very little energy nothing like the phone. This was the day after St. Patricks day. They looked beat up,

Interview Question – When the hiring manager asked me "why do you want to get out of the Real Estate industry?" I said I did not think I was getting out of the Real Estate industry, just switching focus to help agents. He quickly scolded me and I mean scolded " We are not a real estate company, we are a media advertising company".   View Answer

Irvine, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Zillow in October 2013.

Interview Details – Interviewing was , easier than most, they ask you to sale something fictitious , you go through 3 managers during the process, if chosen you will get a call the next day. You then put in a training class for two weeks. After that your in a on the job training for another two weeks

Interview Question – Sale me something. You have to make one thing up   Answer Question

Seattle, WA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Zillow.

Interview Details – Included 2 phone interviews and 1 in person interview. Was a little challenging coming up with a mock sales call with pretend products on the spot.

Interview Question – Mock sales call with a product I had to invent.   Answer Question

Seattle, WA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Zillow.

Interview Details – Had a total of four rounds of interviews. First round consisted of a basic phone interview with HR, Second round was a phone interview with one of the sales managers. Third round consisted of two interviews back to back with sales managers in-person. Final round consisted of an interview with the Chief Revenue Officer (The Chief Sales Officer was unable to make it that day). They like people with a lot of energy, The job is about making people excited about the product so its ok to sound excited to talk about them.

Interview Question – Who are our main competitors and what do we do different?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They said there was no negotiation. Take it or leave it.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Zillow

Worked for Zillow? Contribute to the Community!

Zillow Videos

Zillow – Why Work for Us?

Zillow is a home and real estate marketplace dedicated to helping homeowners, home buyers, sellers, renters, real estate agents, mortgage professionals, landlords and property managers find and share vital information… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Zillow Inside Sales Consultant interview questions and advice. All 23 interview reviews posted anonymously by Zillow employees and interview candidates.