Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Zillow
- Inside Sales Consultant (37)
- Software Development Engineer (33)
- Software Engineer (9)
- Customer Service (7)
- Inside Sales (6)
- Account Manager (5)
- Software Development Intern (4)
- Advertising Sales (4)
- Data Scientist (4)
- Software Development (4)
- Consumer Care Advocate (3)
- Software Development Engineer Intern (3)
- Data Analyst (3)
- Marketing Manager (3)
- Senior Software Development Engineer (3)
- Senior Software Engineer (3)
- Sales Manager (2)
- Software Intern (2)
- Account Executive (2)
- Software (2)
- Associate Account Manager (2)
- Software Engineer Intern (2)
- Software Engineering (2)
- Client Engagement Specialist (2)
- Software Developer New Grad (1)
- Ad Ops Coordinator (1)
- Client Engagement (1)
- Software Development Engineer New Grad (1)
- Software Developer - New Grad (1)
- Inside Sales - Zillow (1)
Inside Sales Interview
I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Zillow (Seattle, WA) in September 2014.
There is a 3 step process. The first step is a phone screening interview with one of the recruiters to get to know you over the phone. Second, you are scheduled to do a one-way Skype interview answering a handful of questions. The final round is a face-to-face meeting with a couple of their Sales Managers. Overall, great experience and great environment but what I noticed is that they don't care about experience and I actually believe that they prefer it that way so they can train individuals with a clean slate. Looking strictly for sales monkeys on the phones. Great place to START a career, especially coming right out of school, but if you are a seasoned sales person, probably not the best place. Just my opinion.
Other Interview Reviews for Zillow
Inside Sales InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Zillow (Seattle, WA) in April 2014.
Very thorough interview. Phone screen, followed by a recorded video interview, and then a 3 person interview face to face if you pass the first two. Company is very transparent and you can tell this is direct reflection of their CEO's leadership and direction. Interviewers asked great questions and were very knowledgable and professional!
- Standard sales questions, nothing overly difficult. They are obviously trying to be proactive in reducing sales turnover and they are interviewing candidates the right way in my opinion to accomplish this. I came from a manager background so the most difficult question would be "why do you want to make cold calls"? 1 Answer
Inside Sales InterviewAccepted Offer
I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Zillow.
Two phone interviews followed by in person interview.
- Asked to sell premier agent program. Answer Question
Inside Sales InterviewNo OfferNeutral Experience
I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Zillow (Seattle, WA).
So first I had a recruiter that you could tell was reading from a script ask quick questions responded with quick answers. told me some other recruiter will call. he called the next day spoke very fast really could understand what he was asking because he continued to answer the questions that i asked with the same response. he told me someone else will be in touch. Spoke to a " manager" same questions ask why are you in sales blah blah, i proceeded to ask, questions that I wanted to know if I'm interested in a company he didn't seem to be able to answer the questions very well, continued to speak over me. at this point i know that this would not be a position for me. sounds more like a call center and out of 150 employees there are only 10 that make good money is what he said???? hmmmmmm, Ill pass on the free snacks and free coffee.
- Typical. I went on line and wrote down questions to ask in a interview? Answer Question
Inside Sales InterviewNo OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Zillow in June 2013.
I got a call from their recruiter. Two calls later, I went in for an interview. I met with two people for the in person interview.
- Be prepared to sell the product over the phone. Do your research. Answer Question
Inside Sales InterviewNo OfferNegative ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Zillow (Bellevue, WA).
I was interviewed by a manager. I was asked why I wanted to work for Zillow, what were my skills for the position, and what were my strengths in sales. The quotas are very high for this job and your territory is the whole united states. So for the right person, who enjoys inside sales this would be a great position.
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review