Zillow

3.1

Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Irvine, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I interviewed through other source - interviewed at Zillow.

Phone call, interview with 3 current sales managers and you hear back within a week. 50trurh/50BS.
    Salary is shockingly low. They brag about the 5% who make money and misrepresent that at normal

Interview Questions
    • Basics From new rookie management. Talked about themselves the asked "why do you want to work here?"
      "Are you a team player"
      Generic
        Answer Question
    No negation. End of story.
    You take the job if your right out of college or promised many opportunities. Benefits are very good but you will work for beans. But they feed you all the cereal you can eat.

Inside Sales - Rentals Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Zillow.

Initial phone screening with recruiter, phone screening with VP, then video interview where you had to record yourself and send in the video. I imagine it goes out to all of the hiring managers. Unusual and lazy process on the video part.

Software Engineer Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Zillow in July 2014.

I had applied for this position online, after 4 days I received an email from the HR that they would like to setup a call to go over background and provide more information on the role. The email replies were prompt and we setup a schedule. However, I never received the call from the HR. Its been couple of days and I never even received a follow up email requesting a new schedule.

Zillow HR team should realize that the software engineers are a key ingredient in generating the revenue for the company. People have time commitments and if you cannot conduct an interview, you might as well at least let the candidate know about it. HR folks like these just show that sometimes a company and a candidate might miss out on each other only because HR does not do the right job of giving every candidate a chance

Inside Sales Consultant Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Zillow in April 2014.

I went through 2 phone interviews before being asked to come in for the face-to-face interview. I am pretty sure the phone interviews were to evaluate your excitement level and phone voice before moving forward. (So have good energy) I had three interviews back to back. The first two were with floor managers. I was asked to sell something that I sold in my past job and WHY I WAS GOOD FOR ZILLOW! Then the final interview was with the OC office sales manager which was were the expectations of this job were clearly outlined. Intense interview but prepared me for the job.

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I interviewed online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Zillow in July 2014.

I was contacted via email the same day I submitted my application online to set up an initial phone-screening. This screening was followed by a phone interview conducted by the hiring manager.
    All questions were expected and not very difficult, however, the interviewer sounded as if he was located inside an empty conference room and speaking into the phone from 10 feet away. The questions, therefore, were quite difficult to answer fluidly considering that it was hard to decipher each word behind the echo & opacity.

Customer Service Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Zillow.

Applied online, received an email to set up a phone interview. Had two phone interviews, then was invited to come in for an in person interview with 4 people. One at a time. Whole process took over two hours. They seemed concerned with not only my ability to do the job, but how I would fit in with the team and the company as a whole. A few days later I had a job offer!

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Initial phone screen after having just submitted my resume which seemed lightening fast but this company is getting bigger pretty quickly. The recruiter was easy to talk to, though he seemed like he was quite overwhelmed.

Interview Questions
    • What are you looking for in a position here?   View Answer

Advertising Sales Interview

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at Zillow.

Got in touch from college career fair. Got an interview opportunity after a follow-up letter. During the interview, When I mention that I'm an international student and currently in the OPT period, they no longer wanted to continue the interview.

Interview Questions
    • When I mention that I'm an international student and currently in the OPT period, they no longer wanted to continue the interview.   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Zillow in June 2014.

1st. phone interview with recruiter.
    2nd. phone interview with marketing Manager
    3rd. Phone interview with Senior Marketing Manager
    4th. In person. 2+ hours with Senior Marketing Manger and members of team.
    Surprise "Analytics Skills Test" was a but un-nerving but seemed more of a test of how a candidate handles the stress of a surprise.

Everyone was polite and asked the right questions for the position, very interested in personality. Got a tour of a fantastic office. (Which I might prefer as part of an offer as a way to really get your attention, rather than during a post interview tour, when you may not get called back."

Interview Questions
    • Not so unexpected but too redundant. "Walk me through how you would start/launch a new campaign". For me these questions are nonsensical, They know the level of the job offered, they have seen the candidate's resume and job history, if at this point a marketing professional is being asked this, I think there is some other details being missed.   Answer Question

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Zillow in March 2014.

Was looking for interesting jobs in Seattle, when I stumbled across Zillow's posting for a Data Scientist. I jumped at the chance to work for them. I applied online and about 3 weeks later I did a phone interview with a technical recruiter and they then gave me a project to work on. It was very interesting and they told me to use whatever language I wanted to solve the problem and submit my results and code as soon as I had them. They must have like it enough to do another phone interview and fly me out for several in person interviews. The in person interviews were not as technical as other places, which I like. I think Zillow has it together for interviews. It seems they would rather base hiring off of a project level solution than quick answers to silly probability questions. Which is nice. In about 2 days after the in person interviews Zillow made me a great offer.

Interview Questions
    • A few technical coding questions, and lots of background questions. An unexpected one was 'What can you bring to Zillow?'.   Answer Question

Worked for Zillow? Contribute to the Community!