Zillow

Updated Sep 12, 2014
Updated Sep 12, 2014

3.1

In Market Regional Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Zillow.

The interview process was amazing and exactly what should be expected. You will spend a few hours in interviews with 6-8 high level employees from various departments. Everyone was very smart,witty and overall the process was enjoyable!

Interview Questions
    • Role Play: Sell me a product from the job before your current/last employer.   Answer Question

Advertising Sales Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Zillow.

The interview process was very simple. I applied online and within 24 hours had an email asking a few questions. After answering that a phone interview was scheduled. Upon completion of phone interview I moved on the the video interview then in-person. This just happened today so awaiting an offer. Very simple and straight forward process

still awaiting offer letter

Program Manager Interview

I applied through other source - interviewed at Zillow.

While the people seemed very genuine and nice in person, I was surprised at the lack of response after the interview. I was told specifically that I would be contacted within the next week and would not be left hanging without an update. Multiple weeks passed with nothing but crickets chirping after what I thought was a very positive interview. I emailed the hiring manager as well as recruiting and still nothing. It's a shame. I expected more from such a top rated company.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really out of the ordinary for this type of position   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Zillow in July 2014.

I had applied for this position online, after 4 days I received an email from the HR that they would like to setup a call to go over background and provide more information on the role. The email replies were prompt and we setup a schedule. However, I never received the call from the HR. Its been couple of days and I never even received a follow up email requesting a new schedule.

Zillow HR team should realize that the software engineers are a key ingredient in generating the revenue for the company. People have time commitments and if you cannot conduct an interview, you might as well at least let the candidate know about it. HR folks like these just show that sometimes a company and a candidate might miss out on each other only because HR does not do the right job of giving every candidate a chance

Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Irvine, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied through other source - interviewed at Zillow.

Phone call, interview with 3 current sales managers and you hear back within a week. 50trurh/50BS.
    Salary is shockingly low. They brag about the 5% who make money and misrepresent that at normal

Interview Questions
    • Basics From new rookie management. Talked about themselves the asked "why do you want to work here?"
      "Are you a team player"
      Generic
        Answer Question
    No negation. End of story.
    You take the job if your right out of college or promised many opportunities. Benefits are very good but you will work for beans. But they feed you all the cereal you can eat.

Inside Sales - Rentals Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Zillow.

Initial phone screening with recruiter, phone screening with VP, then video interview where you had to record yourself and send in the video. I imagine it goes out to all of the hiring managers. Unusual and lazy process on the video part.

Inside Sales Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Zillow in April 2014.

I went through 2 phone interviews before being asked to come in for the face-to-face interview. I am pretty sure the phone interviews were to evaluate your excitement level and phone voice before moving forward. (So have good energy) I had three interviews back to back. The first two were with floor managers. I was asked to sell something that I sold in my past job and WHY I WAS GOOD FOR ZILLOW! Then the final interview was with the OC office sales manager which was were the expectations of this job were clearly outlined. Intense interview but prepared me for the job.

Customer Service Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Zillow.

Applied online, received an email to set up a phone interview. Had two phone interviews, then was invited to come in for an in person interview with 4 people. One at a time. Whole process took over two hours. They seemed concerned with not only my ability to do the job, but how I would fit in with the team and the company as a whole. A few days later I had a job offer!

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Zillow in July 2014.

I was contacted via email the same day I submitted my application online to set up an initial phone-screening. This screening was followed by a phone interview conducted by the hiring manager.
    All questions were expected and not very difficult, however, the interviewer sounded as if he was located inside an empty conference room and speaking into the phone from 10 feet away. The questions, therefore, were quite difficult to answer fluidly considering that it was hard to decipher each word behind the echo & opacity.

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Initial phone screen after having just submitted my resume which seemed lightening fast but this company is getting bigger pretty quickly. The recruiter was easy to talk to, though he seemed like he was quite overwhelmed.

Interview Questions
    • What are you looking for in a position here?   View Answer

Worked for Zillow? Contribute to the Community!