Zillow

Zillow Interview Questions

Updated Jan 20, 2015
Updated Jan 20, 2015

Internship Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Zillow.

I applied online. Zillow shot me an email and tells me to solve two problems. I submitted two days later. The questions are not difficult. I don't know why I am declined.

Consumer Care Advocate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Zillow in December 2014.

Standard 2 hour interview process (4 interviews, 30 minutes each). No curve balls when it comes to questions, everything was very typical of any similar interview. Everyone was very organized and friendly, and all four interviewers seemed to ask mostly identical questions. The recruiter was great and made sure I had everything I needed. I wasn't offered a job, but it was one of the better interviews I've had and I left feeling confident and pleased with how things went. Overall a very positive experience!

Software Engineering Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Zillow.

On campus recruitment and interview. I signed up for a 30 minute slot for the day after the recruitment session. It was my first interview and I freaked out and couldn't think at all. I had one question about trees and that was about it.

Interview Questions
    • Given two nodes in a tree, find the oldest common ancestor.   Answer Question

Inside Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Zillow.

I had 3 interviews. One over the Phone, One on the Web, One in-person in Irvine. Traveled far for the final one. Had 3 in-person interviews that day at Zillow. Was given a follow up tour and met a lot of the office. Thought I was in the bag. Never heard back. Was upset.

Advertising Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Zillow.

Extremely disorganized. Interview schedule was sent late then changed while en route to the interview. Sat at reception for 20 minutes before hiring manager appeared - she had been sitting in the interview room waiting for me. After the first interview, was left in conference room for 30 minutes and was standing to leave when next interviewer arrived. She was intensely rude and not remotely apologetic. After her next person arrived after 10 minute gap. No one offered water or a restroom. After 3rd interview sat for another 20 minutes before recruiter arrived flustered and sweaty to say I could go. Whole thing was odd and awkward. Sent email two days later thanking for the opportunity but that wasn't a good fit. Never got a response. Professional? Not remotely.

Interview Questions
    • Super rudimentary questions: talk about a time you were challenged, walk me through your resume, etc   View Answer

Software Development Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Zillow in November 2014.

They sent me one coding challenge consisting of two questions one is to implement insert and delete for tri-nary search tree, other one is to convert string to integer. They just asked me to send code in a file, they don't use Hacker rank or any such tools. I did both and tested it well, but i got a rejection mail after three days. I have read similar experiences.

Software Development Interview

I applied for Zillow in my school's career fair and received an email requesting me to finish to algorithm problems without time limit. I haven't get an interview. I just solved the two problems and submitted. Unfortunately, I didn't consider some important parts in these two problems.

Interview Questions
    • Q1: Convert a String to long. Cannot use in-built functions and can use any language.
      Q2: Implement the delete and insert function of a tri-nary tree.

View Answer

Software Development Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Zillow in November 2014.

I applied for Zillow on its website and received an test including two algorithms problems without time limit. Got phone interview but did not pass it. I solved the the problems and follow-up. Don’t know what’s wrong

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Zillow in November 2014.

Offline programming assignment containing 2 questions.
    1) Implement the function to convert a string to integer.
    2)Implement a ternary tree, i.e a tree in which each node has three children left, right and middle. Left is smaller than the node value, right is larger and center is equal to the node value.

Software Development Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Zillow.

at first ask something about time complexity of bst and hashtable, and the advantages of using them, then give you a sorted array and a target value, find the median in the subarray which the elements in the subarray is greater equal than the target value.