Zillow

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Zillow in April 2014.

I applied for an Account Manager position and was responded to in a little over a week by a Zillow recruiter. We set up a phone screen and after that, I heard back quickly about speaking to the hiring manager. After speaking to the hiring manager on the phone, I was invited to go onsite to meet some members of the team. During my onsite, I met with two scheduled interviewers, talked to the hiring manager over the phone again, and two other people from another team were pulled in to meet me and ask me questions. After the in-person, I was scheduled to speak over the phone with a Director in Seattle, and then I was scheduled to speak on the phone with a Manager that this position would be working with the day after that. I received an offer two days after the call with the Manager.

Overall, I felt like they were trying to see if I would be a good fit, culturally. I was asked lots of questions about what I like to do, what my hobbies are, etc. Everyone I spoke with was very nice and seemed to be pretty laid back.

Interview Questions
    • I have held quite a few jobs over the past five years or so, (due to layoffs, contract work, etc.) and got a question about whether or not I would move on quickly from the company. It seems like loyalty is very important here, as they seem to really promote from within.   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate, but they were very clear with me in the initial phone screen what the range for the position was. HR was willing to take my counter-offer to the CEO and I did end up getting a little more than initially offered.