Zillow Interview Questions in Seattle, WA

Updated Aug 21, 2015

3.1

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Zillow (Seattle, WA).

Interview

First there was a phone screening and then they emailed a coding task to complete. They asked to basically code a function thats sorts data according to a certain criteria

Interview Questions

• explain how your code is efficient in terms of processing speed   Answer Question

Client Engagement Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Zillow (Seattle, WA) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online and received an email the following day to set up a phone interview. This interview took place 6 days later; it was 20 minutes long, and the recruiter heavily focused on setting proper expectations (position definition, salary, schedule/hours, start date, training) which was cool and very appreciated – no beating around the bush here. Zillow definitely seems to have a more transparent and informal interview process, and I think that's great for giving candidates a realistic idea of their Zillow experience. The recruiter did a good job of explaining the position, responsibilities, timeline and team, and she was prepared to answer any questions that dug deeper into the details of the role and specifics of the department. She was knowledgeable and friendly. The main flaw was in the follow-through; during my Tuesday interview, the recruiter said Zillow would touch base on a firm decision by Friday at the latest, but I didn't receive my canned rejection email until the following Tuesday afternoon. Overall, this was a pretty efficient and positive interview experience. Hope to have another chance soon.

Client Engagement Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Zillow (Seattle, WA) in July 2015.

Interview

The interview process was quick and very efficient. First, I had the phone interview which went really well. Second, I came in for my in person interview. I liked the atmosphere and I really liked how open people were. Both of the interviewers knew what they were doing rather than just spouting off questions to me. I felt like I was welcome in the space and that they took me seriously.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Zillow   1 Answer

Negotiation

They already had set salary and bonuses ready to go.

Account Manager-Mortgage Interview

Application

Interview

I applied through Indeed on a Sunday, got an email on Monday setting up my phone interview with a recruiter for Wednesday, then had a phone interview with the manager the following Monday, in person interview that Friday with 2 managers and 2 Account Managers that are currently doing this job, and then the recruiter called and offered me the job 2 hours after the interview! Everyone I spoke to was so nice, from the recruiters, to management, to the people currently doing the job. They made Zillow seem like such a great place to work, and I am so excited to be working there!!

Client Engagement Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Zillow (Seattle, WA) in July 2015.

Interview

Very fluid, organized, and prompt/timely. Always informed with the scenario(s). I felt like the company truly cared and took each step professionally. I was impressed. When I was offered a job, I definitely considered how they handled the whole process. I felt welcomed with open arms. I can't wait to get started!

Inside Sales Consultant Interview

Application

Interview

I applied online off a friend's referral from a past sales job. They called me back in 1 business day. First interview scheduled was a phone interview, mostly informational, about 20 minutes, not hard. Then they scheduled a second phone interview, which had some more digging questions. Not too hard, but made me a little nervous about what they thought about one or two of my responses, though I felt pretty good because I answered authentically and my progression in learning during past sales became evident. I got an email that those interviews went well, so now they would like to bring me into their headquarters for some in-person interviews. They had me feeling excited about working for them at this point so I have to say if they had not hired me without a good reason I might have been pretty upset. In-person interviews were two sales manager followed by the head of inside sales. It felt like a video game where you have 3 final bosses, the last being the toughest. However, I came ready, convinced that the job was right for me (I highly recommend considering carefully whether the job is even cut out for you before even coming to the interviews, cause inside sales is not for everyone). The two sales managers felt rather personal with me, maybe because they're just nice and maybe because we built good rapport and they believed I was a good candidate. All three in-person interviews, which were back to back with a few minutes inbetween, seemed genuinely interested in whether the job would be something I was likely to enjoy and do well at. All correspondence was within 2 business days.

Interview Questions

• Questions about my past sales job Why I was interested in inside sales at Zillow. What I would do if I am making calls and go for a signifcant discouraging stretch with no sales. A situation that put me down that I overcame in the past. What I think makes a successful sales representative. Near the end, I had to do a mock sales call, as if selling the product to a real estate friend.   1 Answer

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Zillow (Seattle, WA) in July 2015.

Interview

The hiring process is very streamlined and fast. Jenafer is an amazing recruiter, and is on top of it all! The process is typical of a technology company, as there's an initial phone screen, a phone interview with the hiring manager, and then the on-site interview with the hiring manager and team. Everyone was extremely pleasant, and easy to get along with! After the on-site interview, I received an offer two days later.

Administrative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Zillow (Seattle, WA) in July 2015.

Interview

1. Contacted via e-mail for phone interview - The recruiter knew very little about the position and could not answer a majority of my questions relating to the responsibilities and team I would be working with 2. Contacted a few days later for in person interview - This interview was unorganized and a few of the interviewers were rude. Repeated almost every question after each new person came to speak with me. 3. Received e-mail one day after in person interview that they would be moving forward with other candidates

Interview Questions

• How do you stay organized? Do you mind do administrative tasks?   Answer Question

Senior Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Zillow (Seattle, WA) in June 2015.

Interview

I interviewed with Zillow for a Sr. Program Manager position in summer 2015. I was referred by a former colleague who now works at a Zillow subsidiary. I did an in-person screen with the hiring manager and did an all-day onsite about 1.5 weeks later. The in-person and on-sites were fairly standard, with an unsurprising focus on their business. I received an offer. Although I ultimately decided to not join Zillow (I opted to take another position which focused on different skillsets than the Zillow position did), I wanted to leave a review commending the Zillow team for being a class act at all stages. I'd be happy if our paths crossed again. :) Zillow's management and recruiting team are on top of their stuff-- professional and personable. Pre-on-site they were efficient and speedy. My on-site day went smoothly and had extra time at the end where I was able to do casual meet-ups with engineering and PM team members. Post-on-site there was follow-up from various executives and the hiring manager interested in talking to me in detail about Zillow's future and their thoughts on how I could grow with them. It was clear they saw a future for me at Zillow, which is a key thing you want as a candidate. The recruiter/offer discussions at some companies can be incredibly unpleasant. That wasn't the case at Zillow. I felt respected at all stages and dealt with fairly. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Zillow to a friend. If their recruitment process is remotely reflective of their workplace, it's a good place to work.

Software Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Zillow (Seattle, WA) in June 2015.

Interview

Combination of technical SDE questions (coding on a whiteboard) and behavioral / leadership questions. 5 interview sessions in total, each between 45 minutes and 1 hour in length. The recruiters were very friendly, knowledgeable, responsive, and accommodating throughout the entire hiring process. The interviewers were friendly, smart, and fair - there were no "stump the chump" type questions. Overall, the process was a very positive one.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle delivering a difficult message to your team about a decision that you didn't necessarily agree with yourself?   Answer Question