Zillow

36 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Account Manager Interview

Seattle, WA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Zillow in April 2014.

Interview Details – Interview process was very detailed, I actually went through two rounds of interviews, 1st round was for Sales and second was for Account Management. In total I think I spent 6-8 hours interviewing with the company. I did three phone interviews, 1 video interview and 6 in person interviews. Everyone I spoke with was very informative and had great questions for me. You can tell all the employees know their Zillow background! I was very confident with all my interviews, left with a smile on my face and really thought I had the job, I was let down when I got a robot like automated rejection email from Zillow, slightly insulting after all the time I put in. Oh well, their loss.

Interview Question – The Sales interviews were much more intense then the Account Management, be prepared to practice selling something in the Sales interview. The Account Managers want to know more about you as a person, how you work, what you like, how you handle difficult situations, etc.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Seattle, WA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Zillow in March 2014.

Interview Details – I was referred to the position of Account Manager by an HR representative with Ziilow. We were in the middle of a phone interview for an Inside Sales position, when she quickly discovered that the role was not for me. She instead recommended that I apply for the Account Manager position, and I submitted my application via their website.

Five days later, I received a call from the Director of the department for which I had applied for. The call was unexpected, but it was casual and brief, lasting about 5 minutes. At the end of the call, he invited me to come in for an onsite interview. Immediately after hanging up, I received an email from a recruiting coordinator to schedule arrangements for the interviews.

The interview loop consisted of four different interviews - one peer interview, another interview with a peer from a different but connected team, an interview with the team lead, and a final interview with the director. The four interviews together took a total of two hours, and I was told that I would be notified about the hiring status after two days.

Seen days later (due to scheduling conflicts of other candidates), I was notified that the hiring manager has decided to move forward with other candidates.

Interview Question – Given your current direction and interests (that being in the nonprofit sector), why have you decided to change gears and make a move in the direction towards Zillow?   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Seattle, WA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Zillow in February 2014.

Interview Details – Interview consisted of these steps, with a continue/stop decision and 2-10 days of scheduling time between each step:
1. Phone call with a technical recruiter (15 min)
2. At-home coding exercise (2 hours)
3. Phone interview with a developer (45 min)
4. On site interview loop (4 hours)
Overall, interviews were quite enjoyable. The interviewers were clearly well-trained, the questions were a good difficulty level, and the environment put me at ease. I received the impression that the employees were all excited about and enjoyed their work.

Interview Question – I got flustered on a SQL design question - overall it wasn't the hardest question, but I didn't have the background to do well with it.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I had an offer with another company whose duties I liked more.
Not an easy choice - Zillow would have been an excellent company to work for.

Sales Manager Interview

Sales Manager
Seattle, WA

I interviewed at Zillow in August 2013.

Interview Details – 2 phone interviews, then 2 hour in person interview with 4 people. They emphasis A LOT, how difficult this job is. I'm assuming this is to scare off people who might be iffy about the job. Seemed like a cool place. Is this long enough?

Interview Question – Pretty average questions   Answer Question

Software Engineering Intern Interview

Seattle, WA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Zillow in December 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online and was sent a coding challenge that included stringToLong() and insertion/deletion in a ternary tree. Heard back the next day and scheduled a phone interview with an engineering manager. That interview included basic background questions and an easy "return the first unique char in an array" question. I did well and got a second phone interview. That interview was with a more senior manager and included open-ended questions about data structures ("what are some properties of a good hash function?", "Java provides two standard implementations of the List interface, LinkedList and ArrayList - why? which one is better for what?") and a binary search coding question. Finally I interviewed at Zillow in Seattle. They paid for a 5-star hotel, meals and transportation and the process was very nice. Had 3 1-hour interviews with increasingly senior engineers. There were two integer array questions that required a little bit of math, and I was asked to implement a hash table. Overall I was treated well and happy with the process. They were nice people and I would have liked to work there.

Interview Question – Given a word and a list of valid English words, return a list of all valid words that can be made by permuting the characters in the given word.   View Answers (3)

Inside Sales Consultant Interview

Inside Sales Consultant
Seattle, WA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Zillow.

Interview Details – Included 2 phone interviews and 1 in person interview. Was a little challenging coming up with a mock sales call with pretend products on the spot.

Interview Question – Mock sales call with a product I had to invent.   Answer Question

Inside Sales Consultant Interview

Inside Sales Consultant
Seattle, WA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Zillow.

Interview Details – Had a total of four rounds of interviews. First round consisted of a basic phone interview with HR, Second round was a phone interview with one of the sales managers. Third round consisted of two interviews back to back with sales managers in-person. Final round consisted of an interview with the Chief Revenue Officer (The Chief Sales Officer was unable to make it that day). They like people with a lot of energy, The job is about making people excited about the product so its ok to sound excited to talk about them.

Interview Question – Who are our main competitors and what do we do different?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They said there was no negotiation. Take it or leave it.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
Seattle, WA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Zillow in November 2013.

Interview Details – Got in touch with Zillow through a local recruiting company. I answered 2 pre-screen coding problems. Convert a string to a number, and implement 3-ary tree insert/delete operations.

They got back to me a few days after that was submitted. A phone interview was scheduled.

The guy doing the phone interview sounded very disinterested from the start of the conversation. I lost my interest almost immediately. He was unfriendly, and almost seemed like he did not want to participate in the call.

He also asked a lot of school-like questions. Theoretical questions about performance between different algorithms, between different languages, performance differences between a C++ app vs. a Java app. Some of the questions were good, but he focused too much on things that a software developer really doesn't face too often.

Interview Question – During the phone interview, they asked me to write code to find the first unique character in a string.   Answer Question

Benefits Coordinator Interview

Seattle, WA

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Zillow in September 2013.

Interview Details – Received an invite via email (standard process these days) for a phone interview from a recruiter. Interviewed with one recruiter (a different one). Interview seemed sketchy/awkward.. I was then invited for (another), phone interview with a manager.

Inside Sales Interview

Inside Sales
Seattle, WA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Zillow.

Interview Details – So first I had a recruiter that you could tell was reading from a script ask quick questions responded with quick answers. told me some other recruiter will call. he called the next day spoke very fast really could understand what he was asking because he continued to answer the questions that i asked with the same response. he told me someone else will be in touch. Spoke to a " manager" same questions ask why are you in sales blah blah, i proceeded to ask, questions that I wanted to know if I'm interested in a company he didn't seem to be able to answer the questions very well, continued to speak over me. at this point i know that this would not be a position for me. sounds more like a call center and out of 150 employees there are only 10 that make good money is what he said???? hmmmmmm, Ill pass on the free snacks and free coffee.

Interview Question – Typical. I went on line and wrote down questions to ask in a interview?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Zillow

Worked for Zillow? Contribute to the Community!

Zillow Videos

Zillow – Why Work for Us?

Zillow is an online real estate marketplace where homeowners, buyers, sellers, renters, real estate agents and mortgage professionals find and share vital information about homes and mortgages. Launched in early… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Zillow interview questions and advice in Seattle, WA. All 36 interview reviews posted anonymously by Zillow employees and interview candidates.