Zillow

Updated Jul 21, 2014
2 interviews

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter - interviewed at Zillow.

Very unpleasant experience - the scout reached out to me. She was nice and professional. Then she handed me over to in-house HR/Recruiter who is much less so. I'd describe her as terse, impatient and rude. In the middle of our first phone conversation, my line got dropped. Tmobile must have a dead corner there. So I scrambled to find another spot and wrote her back (as in most case, they don't tell you their direct numbers) apologizing. The next day I got an email from her assistant, at 11am, to wait for her call at 2pm the same day. I replied yes right away but the call never came. Nor was there any explanation after I inquired about it later. Despite the accolades their employees put on this site, I am not impressed at all about this company.

Other Interview Reviews for Zillow

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Zillow in November 2013.

Got in touch with Zillow through a local recruiting company. I answered 2 pre-screen coding problems. Convert a string to a number, and implement 3-ary tree insert/delete operations.

They got back to me a few days after that was submitted. A phone interview was scheduled.

The guy doing the phone interview sounded very disinterested from the start of the conversation. I lost my interest almost immediately. He was unfriendly, and almost seemed like he did not want to participate in the call.

He also asked a lot of school-like questions. Theoretical questions about performance between different algorithms, between different languages, performance differences between a C++ app vs. a Java app. Some of the questions were good, but he focused too much on things that a software developer really doesn't face too often.

Interview Questions
    • During the phone interview, they asked me to write code to find the first unique character in a string.   Answer Question

Worked for Zillow? Contribute to the Community!