Zillow

Zillow Software Development Engineer Intern Interview Questions

3.7

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Zillow in February 2013.

I applied online and they contacted me within a week. They sent me a coding question. The question was: Write code for a trinary tree with three nodes (left or lesser value, middle or equal value, right or higher value). I submitted my response with my resume via email. Then they contacted me for a phone interview. The interviewer was very polite. He asked me questions about my resume and then technical questions about the basics of java. The technical interview was very hard. He asked questions like what are the primitive data types and what are their sizes. The differences between inheritance and reference, etc.

Interview Questions
  • What is contingent? How is it different from inheritance?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Zillow

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Zillow in February 2013.

Came to campus, I emailed them afterwards and was sent 2 coding questions. Had a phone interview a few days later and was asked about the big oh of binary trees and heaps. Then asked to talk about an algorithm for finding the common ancestor in a tree. Contacted for an onsite interview a few days later and was told it would last 2-4 hours. With each of my three interviewers, they asked about things on my resume then we did some code. One question was to do a mergesort given two linked lists. Everyone was friendly and easy to talk with.

Interview Questions
    • What structure would you use if you wanted to keep track of the median and needed to insert?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Zillow in February 2012.

I initially contacted the company through a university job fair. After a week, they emailed me two coding questions (data structure, string manipulation) and asked me to write functions to solve each. Once my answers were reviewed, I was invited for an onsite interview which consisted of 3 back to back technical interviews that lasted about 1 hour each.

Interview Questions
    • Write code for insert and delete for a trinary tree.   View Answer