Zillow

www.zillow.com

Zillow Software Development Intern Interview Questions

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Development Intern Interview

I turned in my resume through online and got contacted from HR. After some weeks, a recruiter emailed me with a couple of technical questions. I then had a phone interview that had basic questions about my resume and my interests as well as some high level algorithm questions.

Other Interview Reviews for Zillow

Software Development Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Zillow.

Coding challenge over email
    hash, bst, running times
    hash vs bst
    java garbage collector algorithm
    Abstract class vs interfaces
    Code - WAP to find the first unique character in a string

Phone interview 2:
    Code - Given a file containing all possible numbers on a 32-bit architecture, 4 numbers are missing. Find the 4 missing numbers.

Interview Questions
    • Given a file containing all possible numbers on a 32-bit architecture, 4 numbers are missing. Find the 4 missing numbers.   Answer Question

Software Development Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Zillow.

I applied through their website. A recruiter emailed me with a couple of technical questions: convert a string to a long and implement methods insert() and delete() for a 3-ary tree. Even though my answers were correct and pretty standard, I was still turned down for some reason. Oh well.

Interview Questions
    • Convert a string to a long and implement insert() and delete() for a 3-ary tree.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Zillow in March 2013.

Zillow started the interviews by sending me a coding question to complete and return to them. I then had a phone interview that had basic questions about my resume and my interests as well as some high level algorithm questions. Then they flew me out for 3 one on one interviews each was 45 minutes. There were a mix of string manipulation questions and data structure questions.

Interview Questions
    • They asked a lot about run time of different data structures and one of the answers I ended up giving was a fusion of two data structures.   Answer Question