Zillow

Updated Aug 1, 2014
Updated Aug 1, 2014

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Zillow in July 2014.

I had applied for this position online, after 4 days I received an email from the HR that they would like to setup a call to go over background and provide more information on the role. The email replies were prompt and we setup a schedule. However, I never received the call from the HR. Its been couple of days and I never even received a follow up email requesting a new schedule.

Zillow HR team should realize that the software engineers are a key ingredient in generating the revenue for the company. People have time commitments and if you cannot conduct an interview, you might as well at least let the candidate know about it. HR folks like these just show that sometimes a company and a candidate might miss out on each other only because HR does not do the right job of giving every candidate a chance

Other Interview Reviews for Zillow

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Zillow.

Before getting a phone interview, I was given a 2-problem coding test. After submitting my solutions, we scheduled the phone interview for about a week later. The phone interview process was focused almost entirely on solving short object-oriented coding problems, which I completed using a web-based application.

Interview Questions
    • All of the problems were more or less straightforward object-oriented programming problems.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Zillow in February 2014.

Interview consisted of these steps, with a continue/stop decision and 2-10 days of scheduling time between each step:
    1. Phone call with a technical recruiter (15 min)
    2. At-home coding exercise (2 hours)
    3. Phone interview with a developer (45 min)
    4. On site interview loop (4 hours)
    Overall, interviews were quite enjoyable. The interviewers were clearly well-trained, the questions were a good difficulty level, and the environment put me at ease. I received the impression that the employees were all excited about and enjoyed their work.

Interview Questions
    • I got flustered on a SQL design question - overall it wasn't the hardest question, but I didn't have the background to do well with it.   Answer Question

I had an offer with another company whose duties I liked more.
    Not an easy choice - Zillow would have been an excellent company to work for.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Zillow.

They sent me a coding test pdf and let me implement it and send them source code. I think it is better to make this implementation bug-free because maybe they have their own test code to check it.
    And after that they will schedule a phone interview, which is no hard.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Zillow in September 2013.

Applied online, got a call from a HR and setup a technical interview in another day. The phone interview was ok and I was be able to answers most of the questions.

Interview Questions
    • I can't remember any difficult questions. I've managed to answer it all but still no offer.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Zillow in November 2012.

30 minutes phone screen, questions asked:
    1. Explain python vs java in terms of static vs dynamic.
    2. In pseudo code, given a string of integers, find duplicates.
    3. What is the big-O complexity of using a C hashmap?

4 hour in-person interview, questions asked:
    1. Write code to solve factorial.
    2. In a game of blackjack, you're given a Hand class that has:
    class Hand {
      List<Card> cards;
      int getScore( ) { }
    Write code for getScore( ).
    3. General big-O questions, hashmap vs binary tree, heap data structure.
    4. A harder question on network stuff, the answer was easy, so don't think too hard.

Interview Questions
    • A harder question on network stuff, the answer was easy, so don't think too hard.   Answer Question

Worked for Zillow? Contribute to the Community!