Zimmer Gunsul Frasca Interview Questions

2.8

Entry Level Interior Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Zimmer Gunsul Frasca in June 2014.

The interview process was very straightforward. I received an email through HR, and was then set up with an online video chat room. I interviewed with two principles at the firm's location and felt like they were genuinely interested in getting to know me as a designer. I felt comfortable right off the bat, as both interviewers were friendly and seemed to be passionate, energetic designers. Most of the interview was spent going through my portfolio, which I enjoyed as I was able to answer more questions related to my design philosophy and process.

Interview Questions
    • There was not one specific difficult question asked, but I will say they are very interested in understanding why you chose a specific solution for a project. They asked many questions that delved into my thought process - i.e. how do your ceiling forms relate to your original concept? I would liken it to a more relaxed and friendly critique than l experienced during my college years - just be prepared to defend your design in a way that relates to the job you're interviewing for.   Answer Question

Accounts Payable Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Portland, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied online - interviewed at Zimmer Gunsul Frasca in November 2012.

A regular face-to-face interview with two interviewers at once (no phone screen, thank goodness). Standard interview questions - interview was non-confrontational, didn't get a bad vibe. The turnoff for me was that they handed a detailed pamphlet to me during the interview that, I realize they were trying to be helpful describing the position and company but it came across as "laundry-listish" and too formal for so early in the process. The layout of the building is very dark and formal, just not my style.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions they asked were unexpected or difficult.   Answer Question

Receptionist/Marketing Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a day - interviewed at Zimmer Gunsul Frasca in April 2010.

A staffing agency submitted my resume and organized an interview mid-day in the agency's office.

Interview Questions
    • Do you consider yourself more of an administrative person or a receptionist?   Answer Question

Project Coordinator Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Zimmer Gunsul Frasca in December 2009.

Know your stuff. The hiring staff is sharp, and the offices hire the best of the best. They want to maintain their position as a intuitive and sustainably focused design firm who maintains a sharp focus on their client's needs and hopes, so expect to present an equally focused intellect at your interview.

Interview Questions
    • Whose body of work do you admire (architect or firm) and why?   Answer Question

Worked for Zimmer Gunsul Frasca? Contribute to the Community!