Zimmer Gunsul Frasca

Relevance Date Difficulty

Entry Level Interior Designer Interview

Entry Level Interior Designer
Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Zimmer Gunsul Frasca in June 2014.

Interview Details – The interview process was very straightforward. I received an email through HR, and was then set up with an online video chat room. I interviewed with two principles at the firm's location and felt like they were genuinely interested in getting to know me as a designer. I felt comfortable right off the bat, as both interviewers were friendly and seemed to be passionate, energetic designers. Most of the interview was spent going through my portfolio, which I enjoyed as I was able to answer more questions related to my design philosophy and process.

Interview Question – There was not one specific difficult question asked, but I will say they are very interested in understanding why you chose a specific solution for a project. They asked many questions that delved into my thought process - i.e. how do your ceiling forms relate to your original concept? I would liken it to a more relaxed and friendly critique than l experienced during my college years - just be prepared to defend your design in a way that relates to the job you're interviewing for.   Answer Question

Accounts Payable Interview

Accounts Payable
Portland, OR

I applied online - interviewed at Zimmer Gunsul Frasca in November 2012.

Interview Details – A regular face-to-face interview with two interviewers at once (no phone screen, thank goodness). Standard interview questions - interview was non-confrontational, didn't get a bad vibe. The turnoff for me was that they handed a detailed pamphlet to me during the interview that, I realize they were trying to be helpful describing the position and company but it came across as "laundry-listish" and too formal for so early in the process. The layout of the building is very dark and formal, just not my style.

Interview Question – None of the questions they asked were unexpected or difficult.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Receptionist/Marketing Assistant Interview

Receptionist/Marketing Assistant
Washington, DC

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at Zimmer Gunsul Frasca in April 2010.

Interview Details – A staffing agency submitted my resume and organized an interview mid-day in the agency's office.

Interview Question – Do you consider yourself more of an administrative person or a receptionist?   Answer Question

Project Coordinator Interview

Project Coordinator

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Zimmer Gunsul Frasca in December 2009.

Interview Details – Know your stuff. The hiring staff is sharp, and the offices hire the best of the best. They want to maintain their position as a intuitive and sustainably focused design firm who maintains a sharp focus on their client's needs and hopes, so expect to present an equally focused intellect at your interview.

Interview Question – Whose body of work do you admire (architect or firm) and why?   Answer Question

Worked for Zimmer Gunsul Frasca? Contribute to the Community!