Zimmer

Updated Dec 31, 2014
Updated Dec 31, 2014

2.7

Programmer/Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Zimmer.

Was an easy interview through phone.
    They asked me about my previous jobs and role and how I could be a fit at the company.
    There were 3 rounds and I spoke to 3 people.
    2 of them were technical and 1 was more of behavioral.

Interview Questions
    Did not negotiate.. It was fixed

Dec 10, 2014Associate HR Director

Thank you for feedback regarding our hiring process. We find value in what our candidates are sharing on Glassdoor about Zimmer. We look forward to you joining the Zimmer team!

IT Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Zimmer.

Simple interview. On campus recruiting, then was contacted later in the day for an interview. The interview was simple and relatively easy. Straightforward questions, strengths/weaknesses, and examples of previous leadership and teamwork. Two interviewers talking to me, each had a few questions of their own. The interview was pretty short, only lasting about 20 minutes.

Dec 10, 2014Associate HR Director

Senior Manufacturing Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Warsaw, IN

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Zimmer in November 2014.

I found out about the job through a recruiter. The process was smooth, professional and quick. The HR department was very pleasant and cordial. The interviewers were prepared, knowledgeable and open about the challenges they were facing, and clear about the goals and expectations. The environment was clean and the individual lined up to be my boss was very nice and down to earth. All interviewers were prepared and had read my resume. The interview involved technical and behavioral questions. All interviewers appeared to be experts in their specific fields.

Interview Questions
    • "What makes you the ideal candidate for this position?"   View Answer

Issue with non compete from current employer

Sales Representative Interview

Manager badmouthed current reps during interview, years later the reps were still there and the badmouthing continued behind their back. This was a red flag I should not have ignored.

Fair

IT Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Warsaw, IN

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Zimmer in September 2014.

Applied for the position in July. Received email to setup interview with IT Director. Interview went well. Invitation to setup interview with Analyst. Interview went well. After 4 weeks, they called and asked if I would work for another location and come for face-to-face interviews. They changed schedule on me at last minute (which appeared as if I didn't have correct schedule). HR manager was unable to answer questions I asked. Think she felt offended ultimately. Everyone else was great; HR manager just not engaged; didn't seem to care; no personality.

Oct 15, 2014Associate HR Director

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your interview experience with Zimmer. We continue to look for ways to increase the satifaction of our candidates and we will use your feedback to ... More

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH
    Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

I applied online – interviewed at Zimmer in August 2014.

Phone interview with lots of behavioral questions. Lasted about 30 minutes. Make sure you are prepared to answer tough behavorial questions. Research the company a lot they will like that you know

Territory Sales Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Zimmer.

Started with corporate HR,then direct regional sales manager. He used typical interview questions. A couple of history, a couple behavioral. Seemed to be based mainly on feeling and connection. Went to Regional Director from there. Wanted to mainly get background and see if you were a good fit for company, since the final interview was with VP of Sales and Director of HR. Nothing surprising from anyone. Good specific questions on background and experiences. Tell me about a time that you...

I asked for a lot, they were prudent, yet I feel like I received a good counter. We narrowed gap and got the deal done. We both wanted it to work out so it wasn't contentious.

Development Senior Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warsaw, IN

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Zimmer in June 2014.

I was contacted by the third party recruiting organization for a phone screen. When the interviewer determined that they were impressed with my credentials, they moved forward with submitting my candidacy. I received notice of an face to face interview within about 1 week and Zimmer took care of all the travel arrangements. The interview took place in Warsaw and lasted about 4 hours, during which I talked to 4 different individuals: HR, my (would be) supervisor - director of engineering, another director of engineering, and the VP of R&D. They asked me various questions about my background, engineering principles, risk management, and product development. Within a week of my interview, I was notified of a potential offer, pending a background check.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult questions were about the development process that I was unfamiliar with. Once I realized that these questions were asked to determine my own abilities of recognizing my knowledge gaps, I was able to answer with confidence.   Answer Question
    No negotiation necessary - the offer and associated benefits were very robust.

Zimmer Leadership Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warsaw, IN

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Zimmer.

2 interviews, 1 on campus and 1 at HQ. There was a 30-minute behavioral interview on campus... very comfortable experience.
    The visit to their Warsaw campus was a 2-day affair, hotel stay, meals and transport was provided for. There was a 45-minute panel interview comprising 4 representatives: 1 each from Marketing, Supply Chain, Quality and HR.

Interview Questions
    • Talk about a time you demonstrated project management skills.   Answer Question

Design Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Zimmer.

Phone interview followed by a day long onsite interview process with different managers.

Interview Questions
    • Relatively easy and focused on your experience and past project work.   Answer Question