Zimmer

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Quality Engineer II Interview

Senior Quality Engineer II
Minneapolis, MN

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Zimmer in February 2014.

Interview Details – The communication throughout the process was good. They keep updating me on each process and the time they would take to get back. Very professional process throughout.

The interview panel was smooth and friendly, explained the work in detail.

Interview Question – The interviewer expected you to give a example of the scenario which you have dealt with.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The offer was good that i did not need to go to negotiation phase

Very Difficult Interview

Senior Production Planner Interview

Senior Production Planner
Parsippany, NJ

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Zimmer in August 2012.

Interview Details – Demand Planning, Inventory Control, Medical Device experience, Scheduling, Master Scheduling, Forecasting, J.D.Edwards, Excel, MS Office, bottle neck Work centers, attendance, back order reduction, bill of material, bill of labor, cycle counting, federal drug administration, procurement.

Interview Question – How to illiminate bottleneck work centers?   View Answer

Development Engineer Interview

Development Engineer
Warsaw, IN

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Zimmer in October 2013.

Interview Details – the interview was very simple. there was only a phone interview for about 30 minutes with the associate director. he explained the position in more detail, went over my resume and asked me about my experience with design of medical devices. it was a casual conversation and he said they would get back through the recruiting agency. i was offered the job the next day.

Interview Question – nothing unexpected. i knew the process through an employee already.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – it was a contract position and I could have negotiated but did not.

Zimmer Leadership Program Interview

Zimmer Leadership Program
Warsaw, IN

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Zimmer.

Interview Details – 2 interviews, 1 on campus and 1 at HQ. There was a 30-minute behavioral interview on campus... very comfortable experience.
The visit to their Warsaw campus was a 2-day affair, hotel stay, meals and transport was provided for. There was a 45-minute panel interview comprising 4 representatives: 1 each from Marketing, Supply Chain, Quality and HR.

Interview Question – Talk about a time you demonstrated project management skills.   Answer Question

Brand Manager Interview

Brand Manager
Minneapolis, MN

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Zimmer in February 2014.

Interview Details – Was contacted by a 3rd party recruiter (RightThing) for screen interview in early Feb of 14'. As usual, the recruiter was late for the phone screen, but it seemed to go well. Spoke w/ her on phone for fu said I must still be under consideration because she hadn't received any feedback from the hiring mgr. Attempted to fu weekly, she ducked my vm and finally replied to an email in March saying sorry I should have received communication indicating the hiring mgr decided to move forward with another candidade. Replied back right away asking for feedback and she still has not responded.

Interview Question – What percentage of your last role was upstream & downstream mktg?   Answer Question

Director, Marketing Interview

Director, Marketing
Warsaw, IN

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Zimmer in May 2013.

Interview Details – Heavy screening by internal recruiters. Process is fairly well-organized. On site interviews are usually done within 4-6 weeks of the screen. Standard behavioral interview process, but they do probe pretty extensively.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you had to develop, deliver and implement a first-to-market product and/or program. What did you personally to ensure its success?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I had a competing offer from another company

Design Engineer Interview

Design Engineer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Zimmer.

Interview Details – Phone interview followed by a day long onsite interview process with different managers.

Interview Question – Relatively easy and focused on your experience and past project work.   Answer Question

Manufacturing Supervisor Interview

Manufacturing Supervisor

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Zimmer.

Interview Details – I conducted a phone interview with an Associate Director which lasted about an hour. They then flew me to conduct a day of on site interviews where they had about 15 other candidates doing the same thing. After they had me do one more interview with my potential boss and then I was offered the position.

Interview Question – Tell me a time you had to support a decision that you did not believe in.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They knew I had a competing offer so they offered me an extra 5 days of vacation and a higher salary that I had been told to expect, so I didn't negotiate for anything else.

Very Easy Interview

Field Inventory Analyst Interview

Field Inventory Analyst
Warsaw, IN

I applied online and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at Zimmer.

Interview Details – First step was a phone screen which led to onsite 1:1's. Good industry, interesting company, but didn't get a good vibe. Every interviewer had a different vision for the role and two of them actually contradicted each other.

Interview Question – Nothing technical. All the questions were behavioral.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
Oceanside, CA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Zimmer in November 2013.

Interview Details – Hiring through staff agency.

1. Screening interview via phone.

2. Phone interview by hiring manager

3. On-site interviews by: Direct manager, other same-level colleagues, an HR rep, and another manager

Interview Question – No difficult or unfair questions. All related personal experiences and hypothetical situations.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Two weeks of vacation only; personal reasons: commute, below my target managerial level

Interviews for Top Jobs at Zimmer

Worked for Zimmer? Contribute to the Community!