Zimmer Interview Questions

Updated Jun 30, 2015

2.7

CNC Programmer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Zimmer.

Interview

Phone call for contract position that went perm a few months later. This company is very strict about anything on the background check so I would not apply if I had anything serious there.

Interview Questions

• All technical questions and experience questions from resume. I had a copy in front of me so it was fairly EZ. This company is very strict about anything on the background check so I would not apply if I had anything serious there.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Zimmer.

Interview

Applied online, was contacted by an individual to schedule a phone interview. Spoke with HR in Indiana for 30 minutes, basic questions about my resume. Was then scheduled for a 30 minute interview with the hiring manager, was asked more technical and job related questions. Was then invited on-site for a tour and two more interviews. Did not receive an offer.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unusual, last interview was more behavioral, tell me about a time when....   Answer Question

Remediation Development Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Zimmer.

Interview

It was very easy. A few basic questions and asked if I was interested. I had the only interview and was offered the job all in the same day. The company was especially interested in the fact that I have a MS and I was able to negotiate a higher pay because of that.

Interview Questions

Zimmer Response

Mar 18, 2015 – Associate HR Director

Thank you for your feedback regarding our hiring process. We find value in what our candidates are sharing on Glassdoor about Zimmer. We look forward to you joining the Zimmer team!

Programmer/Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Zimmer.

Interview

Was an easy interview through phone. They asked me about my previous jobs and role and how I could be a fit at the company. There were 3 rounds and I spoke to 3 people. 2 of them were technical and 1 was more of behavioral.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Did not negotiate.. It was fixed

Dec 10, 2014 – Associate HR Director

IT Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Zimmer.

Interview

Simple interview. On campus recruiting, then was contacted later in the day for an interview. The interview was simple and relatively easy. Straightforward questions, strengths/weaknesses, and examples of previous leadership and teamwork. Two interviewers talking to me, each had a few questions of their own. The interview was pretty short, only lasting about 20 minutes.

Interview Questions

Zimmer Response

Dec 10, 2014 – Associate HR Director

Senior Manufacturing Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Warsaw, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Zimmer (Warsaw, IN) in November 2014.

Interview

I found out about the job through a recruiter. The process was smooth, professional and quick. The HR department was very pleasant and cordial. The interviewers were prepared, knowledgeable and open about the challenges they were facing, and clear about the goals and expectations. The environment was clean and the individual lined up to be my boss was very nice and down to earth. All interviewers were prepared and had read my resume. The interview involved technical and behavioral questions. All interviewers appeared to be experts in their specific fields.

Interview Questions

• "What makes you the ideal candidate for this position?"   1 Answer

Issue with non compete from current employer

Sales Representative Interview

Interview

Manager badmouthed current reps during interview, years later the reps were still there and the badmouthing continued behind their back. This was a red flag I should not have ignored.

Negotiation

Fair

IT Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Warsaw, IN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Zimmer (Warsaw, IN) in September 2014.

Interview

Applied for the position in July. Received email to setup interview with IT Director. Interview went well. Invitation to setup interview with Analyst. Interview went well. After 4 weeks, they called and asked if I would work for another location and come for face-to-face interviews. They changed schedule on me at last minute (which appeared as if I didn't have correct schedule). HR manager was unable to answer questions I asked. Think she felt offended ultimately. Everyone else was great; HR manager just not engaged; didn't seem to care; no personality.

Interview Questions

Zimmer Response

Oct 15, 2014 – Associate HR Director

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your interview experience with Zimmer. We continue to look for ways to increase the satifaction of our candidates and we will use your feedback to ... More

Territory Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Zimmer.

Interview

Started with corporate HR,then direct regional sales manager. He used typical interview questions. A couple of history, a couple behavioral. Seemed to be based mainly on feeling and connection. Went to Regional Director from there. Wanted to mainly get background and see if you were a good fit for company, since the final interview was with VP of Sales and Director of HR. Nothing surprising from anyone. Good specific questions on background and experiences. Tell me about a time that you...

Negotiation

I asked for a lot, they were prudent, yet I feel like I received a good counter. We narrowed gap and got the deal done. We both wanted it to work out so it wasn't contentious.

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Zimmer (Cincinnati, OH) in August 2014.

Interview

Phone interview with lots of behavioral questions. Lasted about 30 minutes. Make sure you are prepared to answer tough behavorial questions. Research the company a lot they will like that you know