Zimmer Interview Questions

Updated Sep 29, 2014
Updated Sep 29, 2014

2.7

Sales Representative Interview

Manager badmouthed current reps during interview, years later the reps were still there and the badmouthing continued behind their back. This was a red flag I should not have ignored.

Fair

IT Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warsaw, IN

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Zimmer in September 2014.

Applied for the position in July. Received email to setup interview with IT Director. Interview went well. Invitation to setup interview with Analyst. Interview went well. After 4 weeks, they called and asked if I would work for another location and come for face-to-face interviews. They changed schedule on me at last minute (which appeared as if I didn't have correct schedule). HR manager was unable to answer questions I asked. Think she felt offended ultimately. Everyone else was great; HR manager just not engaged; didn't seem to care; no personality.

Zimmer Response

Oct 15, 2014Associate HR Director

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your interview experience with Zimmer. We continue to look for ways to increase the satifaction of our candidates and we will use your feedback to ... More

Territory Sales Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Zimmer.

Started with corporate HR,then direct regional sales manager. He used typical interview questions. A couple of history, a couple behavioral. Seemed to be based mainly on feeling and connection. Went to Regional Director from there. Wanted to mainly get background and see if you were a good fit for company, since the final interview was with VP of Sales and Director of HR. Nothing surprising from anyone. Good specific questions on background and experiences. Tell me about a time that you...

I asked for a lot, they were prudent, yet I feel like I received a good counter. We narrowed gap and got the deal done. We both wanted it to work out so it wasn't contentious.

Development Senior Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warsaw, IN

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Zimmer in June 2014.

I was contacted by the third party recruiting organization for a phone screen. When the interviewer determined that they were impressed with my credentials, they moved forward with submitting my candidacy. I received notice of an face to face interview within about 1 week and Zimmer took care of all the travel arrangements. The interview took place in Warsaw and lasted about 4 hours, during which I talked to 4 different individuals: HR, my (would be) supervisor - director of engineering, another director of engineering, and the VP of R&D. They asked me various questions about my background, engineering principles, risk management, and product development. Within a week of my interview, I was notified of a potential offer, pending a background check.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult questions were about the development process that I was unfamiliar with. Once I realized that these questions were asked to determine my own abilities of recognizing my knowledge gaps, I was able to answer with confidence.   Answer Question
    No negotiation necessary - the offer and associated benefits were very robust.

Zimmer Leadership Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warsaw, IN

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Zimmer.

2 interviews, 1 on campus and 1 at HQ. There was a 30-minute behavioral interview on campus... very comfortable experience.
    The visit to their Warsaw campus was a 2-day affair, hotel stay, meals and transport was provided for. There was a 45-minute panel interview comprising 4 representatives: 1 each from Marketing, Supply Chain, Quality and HR.

Interview Questions
    • Talk about a time you demonstrated project management skills.   Answer Question

Design Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Zimmer.

Phone interview followed by a day long onsite interview process with different managers.

Interview Questions
    • Relatively easy and focused on your experience and past project work.   Answer Question

Manufacturing Supervisor Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Zimmer.

I conducted a phone interview with an Associate Director which lasted about an hour. They then flew me to conduct a day of on site interviews where they had about 15 other candidates doing the same thing. After they had me do one more interview with my potential boss and then I was offered the position.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time you had to support a decision that you did not believe in.   Answer Question
    They knew I had a competing offer so they offered me an extra 5 days of vacation and a higher salary that I had been told to expect, so I didn't negotiate for anything else.

Field Inventory Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warsaw, IN

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Zimmer.

First step was a phone screen which led to onsite 1:1's. Good industry, interesting company, but didn't get a good vibe. Every interviewer had a different vision for the role and two of them actually contradicted each other.

Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Zimmer in February 2014.

Was contacted by a 3rd party recruiter (RightThing) for screen interview in early Feb of 14'. As usual, the recruiter was late for the phone screen, but it seemed to go well. Spoke w/ her on phone for fu said I must still be under consideration because she hadn't received any feedback from the hiring mgr. Attempted to fu weekly, she ducked my vm and finally replied to an email in March saying sorry I should have received communication indicating the hiring mgr decided to move forward with another candidade. Replied back right away asking for feedback and she still has not responded.

Interview Questions
    • What percentage of your last role was upstream & downstream mktg?   Answer Question

Senior Quality Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Zimmer in February 2014.

The communication throughout the process was good. They keep updating me on each process and the time they would take to get back. Very professional process throughout.

The interview panel was smooth and friendly, explained the work in detail.

Interview Questions
    • The interviewer expected you to give a example of the scenario which you have dealt with.   Answer Question
    The offer was good that i did not need to go to negotiation phase