Zimmer Interview Questions

Updated Aug 10, 2014
Updated Aug 10, 2014

2.7

Quality Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Zimmer in July 2010.

I was contacted by a recruiter who set up the phone screen with Zimmer. The phone screen was what you would expect. A little information about experience and aspirations. The 1X1 was also straight forward. I interviewed with multiple people including managers and potential coworkers and then HR. It took weeks to hear back on the job afterwards due to the intense background check that they perform.

Interview Questions
    • If you know the role of Quality Engineering then the questions are straight forward and easy to answer. HR pushes the use of interview questions that are harder to answer. Read a book or two on interviewing and you'll be ready for those questions too.   Answer Question
    Great company. Was willing to negotiate on both salary and vacation time.

Development Senior Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warsaw, IN

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Zimmer in June 2014.

I was contacted by the third party recruiting organization for a phone screen. When the interviewer determined that they were impressed with my credentials, they moved forward with submitting my candidacy. I received notice of an face to face interview within about 1 week and Zimmer took care of all the travel arrangements. The interview took place in Warsaw and lasted about 4 hours, during which I talked to 4 different individuals: HR, my (would be) supervisor - director of engineering, another director of engineering, and the VP of R&D. They asked me various questions about my background, engineering principles, risk management, and product development. Within a week of my interview, I was notified of a potential offer, pending a background check.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult questions were about the development process that I was unfamiliar with. Once I realized that these questions were asked to determine my own abilities of recognizing my knowledge gaps, I was able to answer with confidence.   Answer Question
    No negotiation necessary - the offer and associated benefits were very robust.

Territory Sales Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Zimmer.

Started with corporate HR,then direct regional sales manager. He used typical interview questions. A couple of history, a couple behavioral. Seemed to be based mainly on feeling and connection. Went to Regional Director from there. Wanted to mainly get background and see if you were a good fit for company, since the final interview was with VP of Sales and Director of HR. Nothing surprising from anyone. Good specific questions on background and experiences. Tell me about a time that you...

I asked for a lot, they were prudent, yet I feel like I received a good counter. We narrowed gap and got the deal done. We both wanted it to work out so it wasn't contentious.

Senior Quality Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Zimmer in February 2014.

The communication throughout the process was good. They keep updating me on each process and the time they would take to get back. Very professional process throughout.

The interview panel was smooth and friendly, explained the work in detail.

Interview Questions
    • The interviewer expected you to give a example of the scenario which you have dealt with.   Answer Question
    The offer was good that i did not need to go to negotiation phase

Senior Production Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Parsippany, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parsippany, NJ

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Zimmer in August 2012.

Demand Planning, Inventory Control, Medical Device experience, Scheduling, Master Scheduling, Forecasting, J.D.Edwards, Excel, MS Office, bottle neck Work centers, attendance, back order reduction, bill of material, bill of labor, cycle counting, federal drug administration, procurement.

Interview Questions
    • How to illiminate bottleneck work centers?   View Answer

Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warsaw, IN

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Zimmer in October 2013.

the interview was very simple. there was only a phone interview for about 30 minutes with the associate director. he explained the position in more detail, went over my resume and asked me about my experience with design of medical devices. it was a casual conversation and he said they would get back through the recruiting agency. i was offered the job the next day.

Interview Questions
    • nothing unexpected. i knew the process through an employee already.   Answer Question
    it was a contract position and I could have negotiated but did not.

Zimmer Leadership Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warsaw, IN

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Zimmer.

2 interviews, 1 on campus and 1 at HQ. There was a 30-minute behavioral interview on campus... very comfortable experience.
    The visit to their Warsaw campus was a 2-day affair, hotel stay, meals and transport was provided for. There was a 45-minute panel interview comprising 4 representatives: 1 each from Marketing, Supply Chain, Quality and HR.

Interview Questions
    • Talk about a time you demonstrated project management skills.   Answer Question

Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Zimmer in February 2014.

Was contacted by a 3rd party recruiter (RightThing) for screen interview in early Feb of 14'. As usual, the recruiter was late for the phone screen, but it seemed to go well. Spoke w/ her on phone for fu said I must still be under consideration because she hadn't received any feedback from the hiring mgr. Attempted to fu weekly, she ducked my vm and finally replied to an email in March saying sorry I should have received communication indicating the hiring mgr decided to move forward with another candidade. Replied back right away asking for feedback and she still has not responded.

Interview Questions
    • What percentage of your last role was upstream & downstream mktg?   Answer Question

Director, Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warsaw, IN

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Zimmer in May 2013.

Heavy screening by internal recruiters. Process is fairly well-organized. On site interviews are usually done within 4-6 weeks of the screen. Standard behavioral interview process, but they do probe pretty extensively.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to develop, deliver and implement a first-to-market product and/or program. What did you personally to ensure its success?   Answer Question

I had a competing offer from another company

Design Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Zimmer.

Phone interview followed by a day long onsite interview process with different managers.

Interview Questions
    • Relatively easy and focused on your experience and past project work.   Answer Question

Worked for Zimmer? Contribute to the Community!