Zimmer Interview Questions

Updated Sep 29, 2014

2.7

Orthopedic Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warsaw, IN

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Zimmer.

Hiring process is different for everyone. They generally only hire college recruits for internal engineering positions. To acquire a sales position you either need an "in" or positive experience from another orthopedic / medical device company. They sometimes hire for sales training programs from prestigious universities, but not always guaranteed.

Manufacturing/Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warsaw, IN

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Zimmer in November 2013.

It was really quick! I got a phone from a recruiter about a contract position with Zimmer. Two days later, I did a phone interview. and about an hour later, I received the job offer.

Interview Questions
    • It was just some questions about my technical background.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oceanside, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oceanside, CA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Zimmer in November 2013.

Hiring through staff agency.

1. Screening interview via phone.

2. Phone interview by hiring manager

3. On-site interviews by: Direct manager, other same-level colleagues, an HR rep, and another manager

Interview Questions
    • No difficult or unfair questions. All related personal experiences and hypothetical situations.   Answer Question

Two weeks of vacation only; personal reasons: commute, below my target managerial level

Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warsaw, IN

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Zimmer in October 2013.

the interview was very simple. there was only a phone interview for about 30 minutes with the associate director. he explained the position in more detail, went over my resume and asked me about my experience with design of medical devices. it was a casual conversation and he said they would get back through the recruiting agency. i was offered the job the next day.

Interview Questions
    • nothing unexpected. i knew the process through an employee already.   Answer Question
    it was a contract position and I could have negotiated but did not.

Portal Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warsaw, IN

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Zimmer in October 2013.

First a basic discussion with HR manager, then 30 minutes telephonic interview with hiring manager, next I was called for onsite interview with hiring manager and 4 of his colleagues, all of whom were Associate Directors. Onsite interviews ranged from 30 mins to 1 hour each.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Zimmer.

I was offered the chance to interview for this company through the temp agency I was registered with (only way they hire). I met with the manager, who was very friendly. Our interview was informal and seemed very conversational. She basically wanted to get a sense of whether I would fit in with the group, as the work is fairly easy, but with a small office, it's important to find someone who would get along well with the other employees.

Interview Questions
    • At one point she told me that she was afraid I would find the job boring. After working there for a while, I didn't think that at all, so I don't know why she asked me that... maybe to make sure that I really wanted to work there.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation. Pay rate is set by the employment agency, and after a period of three months, you will either be accepted as an employee or let go, but basically if you last the three months, you're guaranteed to stay on.

Quality Systems Solutions Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warsaw, IN

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Zimmer in August 2013.

The total interview process through on-boarding was among the best and most professional I have ever experienced. Interview scheduling was crisp and accommodating to my needs. The interview team was courteous and genuine and completely explained the company as well as the position very thoroughly.

Interview Questions
    • How did I manage disagreements between myself and my management at previous companies?   Answer Question
    Negotiating was hassle free and HR was very understanding of my needs.

Purchasing Agent Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Zimmer.

The phone screening did not last long. Anyone applying for a Exempt job must have a bachelors degree in order to get hired by Zimmer.

Interview Questions
    • No where on Zimmers website does it say that an applicant must have a bachelors degree in order to apply for an exempt job.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Zimmer in July 2013.

phone screen interview first, about 20 minutes. asked some basic questions are related to the position. are you ok to relocate without assistance, are you ok with travelling? salary requirements

Interview Questions
    • It is a basic question, but I didn't prepare that. Why do you think you are a good fit for this position   Answer Question

Director, Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warsaw, IN

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Zimmer in May 2013.

Heavy screening by internal recruiters. Process is fairly well-organized. On site interviews are usually done within 4-6 weeks of the screen. Standard behavioral interview process, but they do probe pretty extensively.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to develop, deliver and implement a first-to-market product and/or program. What did you personally to ensure its success?   Answer Question

I had a competing offer from another company