Zimmer Interview Questions

Updated Mar 3, 2015

2.7

Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Zimmer.

Interview

Phone interview followed by a day long onsite interview process with different managers.

Interview Questions

• Relatively easy and focused on your experience and past project work.   Answer Question

Manufacturing Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Zimmer.

Interview

I conducted a phone interview with an Associate Director which lasted about an hour. They then flew me to conduct a day of on site interviews where they had about 15 other candidates doing the same thing. After they had me do one more interview with my potential boss and then I was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you had to support a decision that you did not believe in.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They knew I had a competing offer so they offered me an extra 5 days of vacation and a higher salary that I had been told to expect, so I didn't negotiate for anything else.

Field Inventory Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Warsaw, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Zimmer (Warsaw, IN).

Interview

First step was a phone screen which led to onsite 1:1's. Good industry, interesting company, but didn't get a good vibe. Every interviewer had a different vision for the role and two of them actually contradicted each other.

Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Zimmer (Minneapolis, MN) in February 2014.

Interview

Was contacted by a 3rd party recruiter (RightThing) for screen interview in early Feb of 14'. As usual, the recruiter was late for the phone screen, but it seemed to go well. Spoke w/ her on phone for fu said I must still be under consideration because she hadn't received any feedback from the hiring mgr. Attempted to fu weekly, she ducked my vm and finally replied to an email in March saying sorry I should have received communication indicating the hiring mgr decided to move forward with another candidade. Replied back right away asking for feedback and she still has not responded.

Interview Questions

• What percentage of your last role was upstream & downstream mktg?   Answer Question

Senior Quality Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Zimmer (Minneapolis, MN) in February 2014.

Interview

The communication throughout the process was good. They keep updating me on each process and the time they would take to get back. Very professional process throughout.

The interview panel was smooth and friendly, explained the work in detail.

Interview Questions

• The interviewer expected you to give a example of the scenario which you have dealt with.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The offer was good that i did not need to go to negotiation phase

Orthopedic Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warsaw, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Zimmer (Warsaw, IN).

Interview

Hiring process is different for everyone. They generally only hire college recruits for internal engineering positions. To acquire a sales position you either need an "in" or positive experience from another orthopedic / medical device company. They sometimes hire for sales training programs from prestigious universities, but not always guaranteed.

Manufacturing/Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warsaw, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Zimmer (Warsaw, IN) in November 2013.

Interview

It was really quick! I got a phone from a recruiter about a contract position with Zimmer. Two days later, I did a phone interview. and about an hour later, I received the job offer.

Interview Questions

• It was just some questions about my technical background.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oceanside, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Zimmer (Oceanside, CA) in November 2013.

Interview

Hiring through staff agency.

1. Screening interview via phone.

2. Phone interview by hiring manager

3. On-site interviews by: Direct manager, other same-level colleagues, an HR rep, and another manager

Interview Questions

• No difficult or unfair questions. All related personal experiences and hypothetical situations.   Answer Question

Two weeks of vacation only; personal reasons: commute, below my target managerial level

Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warsaw, IN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Zimmer (Warsaw, IN) in October 2013.

Interview

the interview was very simple. there was only a phone interview for about 30 minutes with the associate director. he explained the position in more detail, went over my resume and asked me about my experience with design of medical devices. it was a casual conversation and he said they would get back through the recruiting agency. i was offered the job the next day.

Interview Questions

• nothing unexpected. i knew the process through an employee already.   Answer Question

Negotiation

it was a contract position and I could have negotiated but did not.

Portal Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Warsaw, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Zimmer (Warsaw, IN) in October 2013.

Interview

First a basic discussion with HR manager, then 30 minutes telephonic interview with hiring manager, next I was called for onsite interview with hiring manager and 4 of his colleagues, all of whom were Associate Directors. Onsite interviews ranged from 30 mins to 1 hour each.