Zimmer

Very Easy Interview

Field Inventory Analyst Interview

Field Inventory Analyst
Warsaw, IN

I applied online and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at Zimmer.

Interview Details – First step was a phone screen which led to onsite 1:1's. Good industry, interesting company, but didn't get a good vibe. Every interviewer had a different vision for the role and two of them actually contradicted each other.

Interview Question – Nothing technical. All the questions were behavioral.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
Oceanside, CA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Zimmer in November 2013.

Interview Details – Hiring through staff agency.

1. Screening interview via phone.

2. Phone interview by hiring manager

3. On-site interviews by: Direct manager, other same-level colleagues, an HR rep, and another manager

Interview Question – No difficult or unfair questions. All related personal experiences and hypothetical situations.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Two weeks of vacation only; personal reasons: commute, below my target managerial level

Administrative Assistant Interview

Administrative Assistant

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Zimmer in January 2013.

Interview Details – 1-3 interviewers, 30 minutes each

Negotiation Details – what salary i desire and was given a percent of profit share

Orthopedic Representative Interview

Orthopedic Representative
Warsaw, IN

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Zimmer.

Interview Details – Hiring process is different for everyone. They generally only hire college recruits for internal engineering positions. To acquire a sales position you either need an "in" or positive experience from another orthopedic / medical device company. They sometimes hire for sales training programs from prestigious universities, but not always guaranteed.

Interview Question – Fit and behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Manufacturing/Process Engineer Interview

Manufacturing/Process Engineer
Warsaw, IN

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Zimmer in November 2013.

Interview Details – It was really quick! I got a phone from a recruiter about a contract position with Zimmer. Two days later, I did a phone interview. and about an hour later, I received the job offer.

Interview Question – It was just some questions about my technical background.   Answer Question

Portal Analyst Interview

Portal Analyst
Warsaw, IN

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Zimmer in October 2013.

Interview Details – First a basic discussion with HR manager, then 30 minutes telephonic interview with hiring manager, next I was called for onsite interview with hiring manager and 4 of his colleagues, all of whom were Associate Directors. Onsite interviews ranged from 30 mins to 1 hour each.

Interview Question – Most questions were technology related.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
Warsaw, IN

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Zimmer in March 2013.

Interview Details – Interview was one 30-minute phone call, however I heard of other interns who had to do in-person interviews in Warsaw. Received the offer one week later and had one week to accept.

Interview Question – Standard behavioral questions (tell me a time when...) and basic information (experience, major, GPA, etc.)   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Did not negotiate, was happy with intern salary

Quality Systems Solutions Director Interview

Quality Systems Solutions Director
Warsaw, IN

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Zimmer in August 2013.

Interview Details – The total interview process through on-boarding was among the best and most professional I have ever experienced. Interview scheduling was crisp and accommodating to my needs. The interview team was courteous and genuine and completely explained the company as well as the position very thoroughly.

Interview Question – How did I manage disagreements between myself and my management at previous companies?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiating was hassle free and HR was very understanding of my needs.

Very Easy Interview

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at Zimmer.

Interview Details – I was offered the chance to interview for this company through the temp agency I was registered with (only way they hire). I met with the manager, who was very friendly. Our interview was informal and seemed very conversational. She basically wanted to get a sense of whether I would fit in with the group, as the work is fairly easy, but with a small office, it's important to find someone who would get along well with the other employees.

Interview Question – At one point she told me that she was afraid I would find the job boring. After working there for a while, I didn't think that at all, so I don't know why she asked me that... maybe to make sure that I really wanted to work there.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. Pay rate is set by the employment agency, and after a period of three months, you will either be accepted as an employee or let go, but basically if you last the three months, you're guaranteed to stay on.

CNC Machinist Interview

CNC Machinist
Warsaw, IN

I applied online and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Zimmer in February 2013.

Interview Details – Must have min4 years exp. great co-workers ,willing to train on machines

Interview Question – never say you wont work overtime and weekends,a job killer for sure, be neat and attenative   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no