Zimmerman Advertising

4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Fort Lauderdale, FL

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Zimmerman Advertising in July 2010.

Interview Details – The interview process was very relaxed. I had gone into the agency to meet with three separate account service departments. I actually only met with one as they asked if I would forgo the rest of my interviews for the day if I was offered a position.

I was interviewed by the VP & an Account Supervisor. The conversation was easy & relaxed. At the time, I was right out of college, so I brought my portfolio book with a project that I had worked on with my college advertising course team. I never even had to open the book. I was simply asked about myself, what type of environment I was looking for and my work ethic. I expected a much tougher interview, but I was happy to have it be more about my personality than experience.

Interview Question – What are your strongest traits and how do you think you can use these to better the company and our current processes in order to succeed?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation phase. You will be offered $24,000 straight out of college for any entry level position (unless you have further education). If you will not accept the offer, someone else will. They are simply offering you experience at a larger agency which was hard to find in South Florida right out of college, so I accepted. Please also note that I had the opportunity to commute and and live with family, so I was able to afford the very low salary.

Fort Lauderdale, FL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Zimmerman Advertising in August 2012.

Interview Details – I applied online. 2 weeks later I recieved a call from their HR Recruiter (extremely friendly) and she asked about 3 questions-very basic! Lasted less than 5 minutes. Asked if I able to work in US and if I am ok with a background check. 2 hours later I recieved a call from HR and they asked the same exact questions. Thjey said they would set up an interview within 2 weeks, ..now I'm just waiting

Interview Question – Do you think your background is sufficient enough for this position?   Answer Question

Fort Lauderdale, FL

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Zimmerman Advertising in January 2012.

Interview Details – Will ask questions about the company, what you know about them, why you want to work there.

They will have you interview with a few of the supervisors/directors in the department you are applying for.

Interview Question – It was not a difficult interview. The hardest part is when they ask you about yourself, trying not to sound too confident.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They expect you to negotiate. Be prepared they WILL lowball you! It is ok to ask for more. They expect you to negotiate. Do not let them take advantage of you.

Account Executive

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Zimmerman Advertising in February 2011.

Interview Details – I applied online via the company website/careers section. I got a call after a week of submitting my online resume. At first, I spoke to someone in human resources over the phone. She asked me to come in the next day for an in-person interview. When I got to the offices, the receptionist greeted me with enthusiasm. I watched a video in the lobby while employees came and went, eating the free candy at the reception lobby. I spent the next three hours at the offices interviewing with various teams within the retail department?. It was kinda weird meeting with so many people one-on-one, but everyone said the same thing about the job and expectations. The culture seemed a little hectic but also had a lot of energy. I followed up and showed interest in continuing the process, and within just a few days I was offered a position with one of the teams. So far, so good!

Interview Questions

• What current advertising do you like that is on television?   View Answer
  • Tell me something oyu accomplished last year professionally that you are proud of and why.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Zimmerman Advertising

Worked for Zimmerman Advertising? Contribute to the Community!

Zimmerman Advertising Videos

Zimmerman Advertising – Why Work for Us?

Owned by Omnicom Group, Zimmerman Advertising is the leader in building national retail brands. With offices throughout the country and a diverse range of clients in every retail sector, Zimmerman has grown to be one of… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Zimmerman Advertising Account Executive interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by Zimmerman Advertising employees and interview candidates.