Zimmerman Advertising Account Executive Interview Questions

Updated Jul 13, 2015

2.0

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Zimmerman Advertising.

Interview

The interview process was very smooth. I applied online and followed up with the HR person about my interest in an open position. The HR person replied to me and listed a couple of positions that were open, to see if I would be interested in them as well, since I had the experience. I really liked that she did that because that showed me right then and there that not only would Zimmerman be interested in me, but she cared enough to see me succeed in my new possible role. When it came down to interviewing she gave me the helpful HR tips of researching the company and the people that I would be interviewing with (which is a complete MUST). The interview was very relaxed setting. It's just you and the hiring manager or two. My suggestion is to go in and show them your advertising smarts. Give examples of work success's or even problems you have had in your jobs, and what you did to fix them. Overall, I had not only a great experience with HR the interview made me feel like I was making the correct decision in my career choice!

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Zimmerman Advertising

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Zimmerman Advertising (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in January 2012.

Interview

Will ask questions about the company, what you know about them, why you want to work there. They will have you interview with a few of the supervisors/directors in the department you are applying for.

Interview Questions

• It was not a difficult interview. The hardest part is when they ask you about yourself, trying not to sound too confident.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They expect you to negotiate. Be prepared they WILL lowball you! It is ok to ask for more. They expect you to negotiate. Do not let them take advantage of you.

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Zimmerman Advertising (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in July 2010.

Interview

The interview process was very relaxed. I had gone into the agency to meet with three separate account service departments. I actually only met with one as they asked if I would forgo the rest of my interviews for the day if I was offered a position. I was interviewed by the VP & an Account Supervisor. The conversation was easy & relaxed. At the time, I was right out of college, so I brought my portfolio book with a project that I had worked on with my college advertising course team. I never even had to open the book. I was simply asked about myself, what type of environment I was looking for and my work ethic. I expected a much tougher interview, but I was happy to have it be more about my personality than experience.

Interview Questions

• What are your strongest traits and how do you think you can use these to better the company and our current processes in order to succeed?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is no negotiation phase. You will be offered $24,000 straight out of college for any entry level position (unless you have further education). If you will not accept the offer, someone else will. They are simply offering you experience at a larger agency which was hard to find in South Florida right out of college, so I accepted. Please also note that I had the opportunity to commute and and live with family, so I was able to afford the very low salary.