Zimmerman Advertising Interview Questions

Updated Jul 2, 2015

2.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Zimmerman Advertising (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in April 2015.

Interview

After I applied, they called me later that week to ask me about my interview availability, which went directly into a phone screening. It was slightly unexpected. They asked me about my work experience, briefly went over the job description, starting salary, and what they were looking for.
    The HR coordinator was nice enough to mention things I should research before my interview and after we had confirmed an interview time, she sent me a name of those I'd be interviewing with, the job description, and key points to research.
    They have valet parking for all the people interviewing, which is great. Upon arrival, she greeted me at reception and sat in a room with me to go over any questions I may have. She was very welcoming and reassuring. She gave me a quick rundown of each of the different interviewers' personalities and what types of questions they'd be asking me. I was going to be meeting with 3 different people.
    The first person I met with asked me very simple interview questions. Mainly about my past experiences and told me more about the position and that specific department. The second person was also very laidback and it flowed more like a conversation rather than an interview.The third person was the more difficult of the three. She asked me harder questions and a lot were scenario-based. She also told me what she's looking for in the position and how she was able to grow in the company.
    When I was done, the HR coordinator gave me a tour of the building and told me about all the company events they do.
    The whole interview process took about 1.5 - 2 hours that day.
    She said she would have an answer for me by Friday or Monday (I interviewed on a Tuesday). I didn't hear back until about 10 days after my interview telling me that I got the job.

Interview Questions

• What are some qualities you are looking for in a supervisor?   Answer Question
    • Name 1 personal and 1 professional accomplishment that isn't on your resume   Answer Question
    • How would you deal with an uncooperative team member? What would you do if they were still uncooperative after handling it?   Answer Question
    • Name a challenge you've had during your previous work experiences and how you overcame that   Answer Question
    • What are your strengths/weaknesses?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There's no negotiating for entry-level.

Creative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Zimmerman Advertising in April 2015.

Interview

Being interviewed by a panel of people over a phone with formulaic questions and too many monologues. I was unimpressed by the people i "met" Even more frightening was the fact that HR and the interviewers never seemed to speak to each other let alone compare notes. No one had looked at my portfolio and I wondered why I was being interviewed. Needless to say I was very turned off.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to move to South Florida?   1 Answer

Account Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Zimmerman Advertising.

Interview

Very long. Met with HR then with the whole account team. HR managers are pretty friendly and you are greeted with a big gum ball machine. the overall experience was typical for an entry level position.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Zimmerman Advertising.

Interview

One shot interview with 5 different people. The interview was obtained via a recruiter as many Zimmerman positions are filled via recruiters. Actually, the entire process was very smooth and upfront. The interviewers were very respectful and professional.

Interview Questions

• Spent some time drilling me on technical knowledge. Not too bad really. The funny thing is that I was not sure they liked me, but I found out later that they wanted me to start ASAP!   Answer Question

Account Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Zimmerman Advertising.

Interview

First, the candidate meets with HR. Then he or she will interview with people whom you will eventually work for. Lastly, the team meets and decides whether to move forward with an offer. It's a pretty simplistic and common hiring procedure.

Interview Questions

• The interviews are simple. Just read the company website and act eager.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They don't negotiate for entry level positions.

Social Media Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Zimmerman Advertising (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in December 2014.

Interview

I applied through their online portal and was contacted a day later. The HR coordinator was really nice and sweet and a good communicator. She made the company feel more accessible than their reputation would suggest. They contacted me before Thanksgiving and then contacted me the Tuesday after to schedule me for Wednesday. When I arrived, she had my entire day planned out. I was to meet with 5 people and two different sections of the digital department. At the end, the director of the digital department heard good things about me and met with me as well. The HR coordinator told me it was a good sign and gave me helpful tips. I instantly like the director and had a great meeting with him. His facial expressions made me feel like I would get hired and I'm extremely glad I did.

Interview Questions

• This company really looks for passion and drive. When I was let go from me previous position of less than a year, the director asked me "Were you just not invested?" They seek commitment.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I asked for a little more due to my experience and previous salary and they accepted.

Junior Media Planner Interview

Application

Interview

A lot of managers interviewed me and kept saying I was overqualified but still kept me here for over 5 hours until finally, the last supervisor who interviewed me, understood where I was coming from and saw my potential. Glad she did. She's the best. Needless to say, I got the job. Not the one I wanted but I'll get there.

Interview Questions

• Why would you like to work here having so much experience?   1 Answer

Account Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Zimmerman Advertising in December 2014.

Interview

I applied at least 10 times before getting a call for an interview. But once I got the call the process moved quickly. My interview was a conversation not bad.

Copywriter Interview

Interview

It was a very quick and friendly process. I interviewed with the team I would be working with on a daily basis and I feel like everyone involved was very honest, which is exactly what you should be in return. Don't be afraid to voice your opinion but just know that most positions have it built in what they should be.,

Media Planning Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Zimmerman Advertising in October 2014.

Interview

First are phone call screenings with HR. Then you move on to the direct management who will supervise you either by phone if they are in other cities or at the office location. HR then calls back to discuss the position and offering. Pretty standard.

Interview Questions

• What do you offer others don't?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate salary but very limited.