Zimmerman Advertising Interview Questions

Updated Mar 9, 2015

2.4

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

The process took a weekinterviewed at Zimmerman Advertising in October 2011.

Applied online and received a response back from a recruiter via email within 24 hours. Spoke to the recruiter on the phone. She was very professional, friendly and engaging. Definitely a good first impression for the company. Within 48 hours she responded back that she had set up a face-to-face interview with multiple members of the department, including two peers and the hiring manager. She scheduled a four hour block of time. I also had to complete a short personality assessment online before my interview. Upon arriving the next day, I observed that the parking was atrocious. My first meeting was with a different internal recruiter, who was also very friendly and professional. The environment seemed vibrant and energetic. I went into the first interview feeling positive. Unfortunately it spiraled downhill very quickly from there. The first two people I met were other Project Managers in the department and they were nothing short of awful. They kept shuffling me from place to place, guiding me through a never-ending maze of dreary cubicles until we ended in a small, stuffy conference room with no windows. I felt like I had committed a crime and was being interrogated by Scotland Yard! Between the two of them I was lectured about not having my MBA, repeatedly questioned about whether I had good references or not (if they were bad, why would I list them?!), and nearly insulted about not having certain programming experience which was NOT listed in the job description I applied for. Come to find out, the position I interviewed for wasn't even the original position I applied for at all and these gentlemen seemed to think it was my fault that the recruiter made a mistake. It was all I could do to stop myself from running out of there but I felt that would be unprofessional so I bit the bullet and finished the interview. The hiring manager was a bit more pleasant and he and I were both upfront about the fact that I was not the right fit for the position. After reading the reviews from employees about this organization, I am counting my blessings that I did not waste anymore time there than the 4 hour interview. Potential candidates be warned - their website and marketing materials may look appealing at first glance, but this company seems more like a slave ship than the party cruise they try to appear as. Oh and their corporate motto, which is required on all email signatures - "24x7, seriously". Sorry but that doesn't seem like a very good work/life balance to me.

Interview Questions
    • So if I call your references, every single one of them will say something positive about you?   View Answer

Social Media Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Zimmerman Advertising in December 2014.

I applied through their online portal and was contacted a day later. The HR coordinator was really nice and sweet and a good communicator. She made the company feel more accessible than their reputation would suggest. They contacted me before Thanksgiving and then contacted me the Tuesday after to schedule me for Wednesday. When I arrived, she had my entire day planned out. I was to meet with 5 people and two different sections of the digital department. At the end, the director of the digital department heard good things about me and met with me as well. The HR coordinator told me it was a good sign and gave me helpful tips. I instantly like the director and had a great meeting with him. His facial expressions made me feel like I would get hired and I'm extremely glad I did.

Interview Questions
    • This company really looks for passion and drive. When I was let go from me previous position of less than a year, the director asked me "Were you just not invested?" They seek commitment.   View Answer
    I asked for a little more due to my experience and previous salary and they accepted.

Junior Media Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

A lot of managers interviewed me and kept saying I was overqualified but still kept me here for over 5 hours until finally, the last supervisor who interviewed me, understood where I was coming from and saw my potential. Glad she did. She's the best. Needless to say, I got the job. Not the one I wanted but I'll get there.

Interview Questions
    • Why would you like to work here having so much experience?   View Answer

Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Zimmerman Advertising.

One shot interview with 5 different people. The interview was obtained via a recruiter as many Zimmerman positions are filled via recruiters. Actually, the entire process was very smooth and upfront. The interviewers were very respectful and professional.

Interview Questions
    • Spent some time drilling me on technical knowledge. Not too bad really. The funny thing is that I was not sure they liked me, but I found out later that they wanted me to start ASAP!   Answer Question

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Zimmerman Advertising in July 2012.

I got a call from the recruiter to go over the position. He then set me up with a face to face interview with the hiring manager. The interview was one of the easiest interview I've been to. The hiring manager was nice and to the point.

Social Marketing Specialist Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Zimmerman Advertising in May 2014.

I started at Zimmerman Advertising in a different department but I contacted and worked closely with HR to express my desire to switch. They were extremely helpful to me and guided me through the proper steps to get me an interview for my dream role.

Social Marketing Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

The process took a dayinterviewed at Zimmerman Advertising in January 2009.

I was asked in for 1:1 and met with a few people and was told a few days later that I got the job - I accepted then had to take a drug test.

Interview Questions
    Yes I was able top negotiate.
    Advice is to know your value and what you are worth and make sure you create that for who ever you are interviewing.

Assistant Media Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Zimmerman Advertising in August 2007.

Received an email back the next day taking me for my interest in the company and then had an imprompt phone interview. Set up interview in person interview the following day.

Met with HR and department head in the same day. HR meeting assisted in eliminating mundane questions with department head and allowed for more time to review position and daily tasks.

Interview Questions
    There was not a negotiation phase. Amount is stated with a "take it or a leave it" undertone.

Designer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Zimmerman Advertising in April 2008.

They called me and we chatted, then I went in for interview at office. Was pretty standard as far as interviews go. Office culture is laid back and relaxed, but they work hard on all projects. A lot of the designers smoke, so kind of a cultural thing, because they all go outside to smoke.

Media Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Zimmerman Advertising in June 2010.

I interviewed over the phone. The interviewer was very friendly and asked relevant questions. They gave me a good overview of the position and the culture of the organization. The feedback was frank and honest that I had a little less experience than what they were looking for. I never heard back from them either way but had already made decisions that took me in another direction.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a marketing initiative you prepared that failed.   Answer Question