Zimmerman Advertising Interview Questions

Updated Jun 9, 2015

2.4

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

The process took a weekinterviewed at Zimmerman Advertising (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in October 2011.

Interview

Applied online and received a response back from a recruiter via email within 24 hours. Spoke to the recruiter on the phone. She was very professional, friendly and engaging. Definitely a good first impression for the company. Within 48 hours she responded back that she had set up a face-to-face interview with multiple members of the department, including two peers and the hiring manager. She scheduled a four hour block of time. I also had to complete a short personality assessment online before my interview. Upon arriving the next day, I observed that the parking was atrocious. My first meeting was with a different internal recruiter, who was also very friendly and professional. The environment seemed vibrant and energetic. I went into the first interview feeling positive. Unfortunately it spiraled downhill very quickly from there. The first two people I met were other Project Managers in the department and they were nothing short of awful. They kept shuffling me from place to place, guiding me through a never-ending maze of dreary cubicles until we ended in a small, stuffy conference room with no windows. I felt like I had committed a crime and was being interrogated by Scotland Yard! Between the two of them I was lectured about not having my MBA, repeatedly questioned about whether I had good references or not (if they were bad, why would I list them?!), and nearly insulted about not having certain programming experience which was NOT listed in the job description I applied for. Come to find out, the position I interviewed for wasn't even the original position I applied for at all and these gentlemen seemed to think it was my fault that the recruiter made a mistake. It was all I could do to stop myself from running out of there but I felt that would be unprofessional so I bit the bullet and finished the interview. The hiring manager was a bit more pleasant and he and I were both upfront about the fact that I was not the right fit for the position. After reading the reviews from employees about this organization, I am counting my blessings that I did not waste anymore time there than the 4 hour interview. Potential candidates be warned - their website and marketing materials may look appealing at first glance, but this company seems more like a slave ship than the party cruise they try to appear as. Oh and their corporate motto, which is required on all email signatures - "24x7, seriously". Sorry but that doesn't seem like a very good work/life balance to me.

Interview Questions

• So if I call your references, every single one of them will say something positive about you?   1 Answer

Social Media Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Zimmerman Advertising (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in December 2014.

Interview

I applied through their online portal and was contacted a day later. The HR coordinator was really nice and sweet and a good communicator. She made the company feel more accessible than their reputation would suggest. They contacted me before Thanksgiving and then contacted me the Tuesday after to schedule me for Wednesday. When I arrived, she had my entire day planned out. I was to meet with 5 people and two different sections of the digital department. At the end, the director of the digital department heard good things about me and met with me as well. The HR coordinator told me it was a good sign and gave me helpful tips. I instantly like the director and had a great meeting with him. His facial expressions made me feel like I would get hired and I'm extremely glad I did.

Interview Questions

• This company really looks for passion and drive. When I was let go from me previous position of less than a year, the director asked me "Were you just not invested?" They seek commitment.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I asked for a little more due to my experience and previous salary and they accepted.

Junior Media Planner Interview

Application

Interview

A lot of managers interviewed me and kept saying I was overqualified but still kept me here for over 5 hours until finally, the last supervisor who interviewed me, understood where I was coming from and saw my potential. Glad she did. She's the best. Needless to say, I got the job. Not the one I wanted but I'll get there.

Interview Questions

• Why would you like to work here having so much experience?   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Zimmerman Advertising.

Interview

One shot interview with 5 different people. The interview was obtained via a recruiter as many Zimmerman positions are filled via recruiters. Actually, the entire process was very smooth and upfront. The interviewers were very respectful and professional.

Interview Questions

• Spent some time drilling me on technical knowledge. Not too bad really. The funny thing is that I was not sure they liked me, but I found out later that they wanted me to start ASAP!   Answer Question

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Zimmerman Advertising (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in July 2012.

Interview

I got a call from the recruiter to go over the position. He then set me up with a face to face interview with the hiring manager. The interview was one of the easiest interview I've been to. The hiring manager was nice and to the point.

Account Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Zimmerman Advertising (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in April 2015.

Interview

After I applied, they called me later that week to ask me about my interview availability, which went directly into a phone screening. It was slightly unexpected. They asked me about my work experience, briefly went over the job description, starting salary, and what they were looking for.
    The HR coordinator was nice enough to mention things I should research before my interview and after we had confirmed an interview time, she sent me a name of those I'd be interviewing with, the job description, and key points to research.
    They have valet parking for all the people interviewing, which is great. Upon arrival, she greeted me at reception and sat in a room with me to go over any questions I may have. She was very welcoming and reassuring. She gave me a quick rundown of each of the different interviewers' personalities and what types of questions they'd be asking me. I was going to be meeting with 3 different people.
    The first person I met with asked me very simple interview questions. Mainly about my past experiences and told me more about the position and that specific department. The second person was also very laidback and it flowed more like a conversation rather than an interview.The third person was the more difficult of the three. She asked me harder questions and a lot were scenario-based. She also told me what she's looking for in the position and how she was able to grow in the company.
    When I was done, the HR coordinator gave me a tour of the building and told me about all the company events they do.
    The whole interview process took about 1.5 - 2 hours that day.
    She said she would have an answer for me by Friday or Monday (I interviewed on a Tuesday). I didn't hear back until about 10 days after my interview telling me that I got the job.

Interview Questions

• What are some qualities you are looking for in a supervisor?   Answer Question
    • Name 1 personal and 1 professional accomplishment that isn't on your resume   Answer Question
    • How would you deal with an uncooperative team member? What would you do if they were still uncooperative after handling it?   Answer Question
    • Name a challenge you've had during your previous work experiences and how you overcame that   Answer Question
    • What are your strengths/weaknesses?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There's no negotiating for entry-level.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Zimmerman Advertising (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in February 2011.

Interview

I applied online and received a phone call about a week later. The recruiter asked some basic/typical screening questions regarding salary requirements, education, and work experience. Quick conversation and then scheduled for an in-person interview. While onsite I met with the recruiter and department manager. I was offered the job the next day and started the following Monday.

Interview Questions

• Not behaviorial or situational just basic about experience related to job.   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Zimmerman Advertising (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in March 2014.

Interview

Phone call and follow up interview. Good experience. The people are nice and helpful - it's better for you to be relaxed in answering their questions anyways. They know they are a top notch company though and want to be sure you are going to add value and work really hard.

Creative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Zimmerman Advertising in April 2015.

Interview

Being interviewed by a panel of people over a phone with formulaic questions and too many monologues. I was unimpressed by the people i "met" Even more frightening was the fact that HR and the interviewers never seemed to speak to each other let alone compare notes. No one had looked at my portfolio and I wondered why I was being interviewed. Needless to say I was very turned off.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to move to South Florida?   1 Answer

Social Marketing Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Zimmerman Advertising (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in January 2009.

Interview

I was asked in for 1:1 and met with a few people and was told a few days later that I got the job - I accepted then had to take a drug test.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Yes I was able top negotiate.
    Advice is to know your value and what you are worth and make sure you create that for who ever you are interviewing.