Zimmerman Advertising

Updated Nov 24, 2014

2.4

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

The process took a weekinterviewed at Zimmerman Advertising in October 2011.

Applied online and received a response back from a recruiter via email within 24 hours. Spoke to the recruiter on the phone. She was very professional, friendly and engaging. Definitely a good first impression for the company. Within 48 hours she responded back that she had set up a face-to-face interview with multiple members of the department, including two peers and the hiring manager. She scheduled a four hour block of time. I also had to complete a short personality assessment online before my interview. Upon arriving the next day, I observed that the parking was atrocious. My first meeting was with a different internal recruiter, who was also very friendly and professional. The environment seemed vibrant and energetic. I went into the first interview feeling positive. Unfortunately it spiraled downhill very quickly from there. The first two people I met were other Project Managers in the department and they were nothing short of awful. They kept shuffling me from place to place, guiding me through a never-ending maze of dreary cubicles until we ended in a small, stuffy conference room with no windows. I felt like I had committed a crime and was being interrogated by Scotland Yard! Between the two of them I was lectured about not having my MBA, repeatedly questioned about whether I had good references or not (if they were bad, why would I list them?!), and nearly insulted about not having certain programming experience which was NOT listed in the job description I applied for. Come to find out, the position I interviewed for wasn't even the original position I applied for at all and these gentlemen seemed to think it was my fault that the recruiter made a mistake. It was all I could do to stop myself from running out of there but I felt that would be unprofessional so I bit the bullet and finished the interview. The hiring manager was a bit more pleasant and he and I were both upfront about the fact that I was not the right fit for the position. After reading the reviews from employees about this organization, I am counting my blessings that I did not waste anymore time there than the 4 hour interview. Potential candidates be warned - their website and marketing materials may look appealing at first glance, but this company seems more like a slave ship than the party cruise they try to appear as. Oh and their corporate motto, which is required on all email signatures - "24x7, seriously". Sorry but that doesn't seem like a very good work/life balance to me.

Interview Questions
    • So if I call your references, every single one of them will say something positive about you?   View Answer

Social Marketing Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

The process took a dayinterviewed at Zimmerman Advertising in January 2009.

I was asked in for 1:1 and met with a few people and was told a few days later that I got the job - I accepted then had to take a drug test.

Interview Questions
    Yes I was able top negotiate.
    Advice is to know your value and what you are worth and make sure you create that for who ever you are interviewing.

Assistant Media Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Zimmerman Advertising in August 2007.

Received an email back the next day taking me for my interest in the company and then had an imprompt phone interview. Set up interview in person interview the following day.

Met with HR and department head in the same day. HR meeting assisted in eliminating mundane questions with department head and allowed for more time to review position and daily tasks.

Interview Questions
    There was not a negotiation phase. Amount is stated with a "take it or a leave it" undertone.

Designer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Zimmerman Advertising in April 2008.

They called me and we chatted, then I went in for interview at office. Was pretty standard as far as interviews go. Office culture is laid back and relaxed, but they work hard on all projects. A lot of the designers smoke, so kind of a cultural thing, because they all go outside to smoke.

Media Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Zimmerman Advertising in June 2010.

I interviewed over the phone. The interviewer was very friendly and asked relevant questions. They gave me a good overview of the position and the culture of the organization. The feedback was frank and honest that I had a little less experience than what they were looking for. I never heard back from them either way but had already made decisions that took me in another direction.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a marketing initiative you prepared that failed.   Answer Question

Account Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I applied through other source. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Zimmerman Advertising in October 2009.

Interviewed by multiple members in account services and the executive team. Basic questions are asked during the interview process. Interviewers are knowledgable on company history and the company's vision for the future.

Budget/Billing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

I applied online – interviewed at Zimmerman Advertising in January 2013.

I applied for the job online on December 27th and got a call from a recruiter the next week. She just asked me basic questions about my work experience and why I wanted to work for Zimmerman. She scheduled me for an in-person interview. I went in for my interview on January 14th. I met with the account director who was friendly and I also met with the guy who currently has the job. He showed me the basics of what he does daily. I met again with the account director who asked me a little bit more about my current position and computer skills. She gave me some information about the company and their client. She also gave me a quick tour of the office. Everyone seemed very friendly and the interview was nice and conversational. I will be waiting to hear back over the next couple of weeks.

Account Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Zimmerman Advertising in April 2012.

I got a phone call from HR telling me that they wanted me to come in to interview. I first met with HR, who asked what I already knew about the company, why I would be good to work there, etc. Because I was interviewing for account services, I interviewed with the account directors for all of the accounts that had open positions.

Interview Questions
    • "If you were a vegetable, what vegetable would you be?"   Answer Question
    Don't even try.

Account Executive Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Zimmerman Advertising in February 2011.

I applied online via the company website/careers section. I got a call after a week of submitting my online resume. At first, I spoke to someone in human resources over the phone. She asked me to come in the next day for an in-person interview. When I got to the offices, the receptionist greeted me with enthusiasm. I watched a video in the lobby while employees came and went, eating the free candy at the reception lobby. I spent the next three hours at the offices interviewing with various teams within the retail department?. It was kinda weird meeting with so many people one-on-one, but everyone said the same thing about the job and expectations. The culture seemed a little hectic but also had a lot of energy. I followed up and showed interest in continuing the process, and within just a few days I was offered a position with one of the teams. So far, so good!

Interview Questions
    • What current advertising do you like that is on television?   View Answer
    • Tell me something oyu accomplished last year professionally that you are proud of and why.   Answer Question

Assistant Media Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Zimmerman Advertising in December 2010.

i applied online and heard back a month later from HR. After a brief phone screeing I was asked to come 2 days later for an interview. THe HR rep also sent me breif information about the company and a list of the 4 people who were going to interview me .On the say of the interview I had to sit down with the HR recruiter, talk about the company, she let me ask any questions and then introduced me to the media planning department. Then i had 4 interview back to back. asking about my work experince, what I know about media, and what I would want out of Zimmerman. I heard back the next week from HR with an offer.

Interview Questions
    • What are the different types of media avaialble. and how successful are they in penetrating the target market.   View Answer
    There is no negotiation for salary or anythign else. They set the amount, there is no wavering. They do tell you about the prmotion that is to come after a certian time fo working.