Zimmerman Advertising Interview Questions & Reviews

37 interviews

2.4

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Zimmerman Advertising in October 2011.

Applied online and received a response back from a recruiter via email within 24 hours. Spoke to the recruiter on the phone. She was very professional, friendly and engaging. Definitely a good first impression for the company. Within 48 hours she responded back that she had set up a face-to-face interview with multiple members of the department, including two peers and the hiring manager. She scheduled a four hour block of time. I also had to complete a short personality assessment online before my interview. Upon arriving the next day, I observed that the parking was atrocious. My first meeting was with a different internal recruiter, who was also very friendly and professional. The environment seemed vibrant and energetic. I went into the first interview feeling positive. Unfortunately it spiraled downhill very quickly from there. The first two people I met were other Project Managers in the department and they were nothing short of awful. They kept shuffling me from place to place, guiding me through a never-ending maze of dreary cubicles until we ended in a small, stuffy conference room with no windows. I felt like I had committed a crime and was being interrogated by Scotland Yard! Between the two of them I was lectured about not having my MBA, repeatedly questioned about whether I had good references or not (if they were bad, why would I list them?!), and nearly insulted about not having certain programming experience which was NOT listed in the job description I applied for. Come to find out, the position I interviewed for wasn't even the original position I applied for at all and these gentlemen seemed to think it was my fault that the recruiter made a mistake. It was all I could do to stop myself from running out of there but I felt that would be unprofessional so I bit the bullet and finished the interview. The hiring manager was a bit more pleasant and he and I were both upfront about the fact that I was not the right fit for the position. After reading the reviews from employees about this organization, I am counting my blessings that I did not waste anymore time there than the 4 hour interview. Potential candidates be warned - their website and marketing materials may look appealing at first glance, but this company seems more like a slave ship than the party cruise they try to appear as. Oh and their corporate motto, which is required on all email signatures - "24x7, seriously". Sorry but that doesn't seem like a very good work/life balance to me.

Interview Questions
    • So if I call your references, every single one of them will say something positive about you?   View Answer

Traffic Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Zimmerman Advertising in February 2014.

Following a brief phone interview, I was invited to their new Ft. Lauderdale office for a face-to-face interview. I was greeted by the two Talent Acquisition Specialists that scheduled the interviews and was then introduced to the two Traffic Managers I was scheduled to sit down with. The first sit down went well, the second was cold and borderline rude, and was seemingly concerned by my ambition of wanting to move up the corporate ladder. Yes, she was clearly looking for someone who would like to stay in the same position for years to come. And while I played it off during the interview, that was the first big red flag for me. Who wants to join a company that doesn't give you the opportunity to grow? Second red flag -which I initially chose to ignore during my phone interview- was the low pay, starting at $24,000/year regardless of the entry job level you were being offered. I believe that opportunity is more important than pay, but when you combine the lack of promotions possibilities this company exposed alongside their low salaries, it was close to impossible to picture myself being excited to dedicate long hours in this place.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing out of the ordinary. Rundown of your resume, why you want to work for them etc.   Answer Question

Assistant Integrated Media Planner Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Zimmerman Advertising in February 2014.

Applied on LinkedIn and did not know anything about the company before applying. Didn't expect a call back since I am out of state. Called the next by a recruiter and after the fielding questions concerning location, asked to set up a phone interview with 2 employees. Filled out and submitted a personality test the night before.

Scheduled call came in 30 min late. In telling the recruiter I work full time and can only dedicate so much time to a interview, this was already off to a bad start. The disrespect for my schedule was surprising, and they didn't ask to reschedule so I went with it to get it over with. Though I am already in the advertising industry as a media planner, the way they phrased questions regarding the small agency I work at and the work I do, you might think I was a biology student applying for a marketing role with no knowledge of the industry. I didn't even get a chance to talk about the national and international clients I buy media for before we moved onto the next question/concern. Ultimately, the location and size of our agency should not reflect on our clients or the service we provide for them. Left the interview feeling rather inferior to their large agency mentality.

Recruiter called later that day to give feedback. I called back with the intent of pulling my name from consideration, was sent to voicemail and didn't get called back. If you demand respect, you should try giving it sometime.

Interview Questions
    • Lot of questions about your resume, what you do, if you would relocate on your own dime, etc.   Answer Question

Creative Traffic Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I interviewed online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Zimmerman Advertising in January 2013.

Applied through their website and LinkedIn. Received a call back after, I've applied through Linkedin. The talent acquisition scheduled an interview with 3 different members of the creative department.

Interview Questions
    • Entry level position - Are you willing to stick around in the position for 3 years?   View Answer

Assistant Media Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Zimmerman Advertising in December 2010.

i applied online and heard back a month later from HR. After a brief phone screeing I was asked to come 2 days later for an interview. THe HR rep also sent me breif information about the company and a list of the 4 people who were going to interview me .On the say of the interview I had to sit down with the HR recruiter, talk about the company, she let me ask any questions and then introduced me to the media planning department. Then i had 4 interview back to back. asking about my work experince, what I know about media, and what I would want out of Zimmerman. I heard back the next week from HR with an offer.

Interview Questions
    • What are the different types of media avaialble. and how successful are they in penetrating the target market.   View Answer
    There is no negotiation for salary or anythign else. They set the amount, there is no wavering. They do tell you about the prmotion that is to come after a certian time fo working.

Social Marketing Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

The process took a day - interviewed at Zimmerman Advertising in January 2009.

I was asked in for 1:1 and met with a few people and was told a few days later that I got the job - I accepted then had to take a drug test.

Interview Questions
    Yes I was able top negotiate.
    Advice is to know your value and what you are worth and make sure you create that for who ever you are interviewing.

Media Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Zimmerman Advertising in June 2010.

I interviewed over the phone. The interviewer was very friendly and asked relevant questions. They gave me a good overview of the position and the culture of the organization. The feedback was frank and honest that I had a little less experience than what they were looking for. I never heard back from them either way but had already made decisions that took me in another direction.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a marketing initiative you prepared that failed.   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Zimmerman Advertising in February 2011.

I applied online via the company website/careers section. I got a call after a week of submitting my online resume. At first, I spoke to someone in human resources over the phone. She asked me to come in the next day for an in-person interview. When I got to the offices, the receptionist greeted me with enthusiasm. I watched a video in the lobby while employees came and went, eating the free candy at the reception lobby. I spent the next three hours at the offices interviewing with various teams within the retail department?. It was kinda weird meeting with so many people one-on-one, but everyone said the same thing about the job and expectations. The culture seemed a little hectic but also had a lot of energy. I followed up and showed interest in continuing the process, and within just a few days I was offered a position with one of the teams. So far, so good!

Interview Questions
    • What current advertising do you like that is on television?   View Answer
    • Tell me something oyu accomplished last year professionally that you are proud of and why.   Answer Question

Budget/Billing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Nashville, TN
    Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

I interviewed online - interviewed at Zimmerman Advertising in January 2013.

I applied for the job online on December 27th and got a call from a recruiter the next week. She just asked me basic questions about my work experience and why I wanted to work for Zimmerman. She scheduled me for an in-person interview. I went in for my interview on January 14th. I met with the account director who was friendly and I also met with the guy who currently has the job. He showed me the basics of what he does daily. I met again with the account director who asked me a little bit more about my current position and computer skills. She gave me some information about the company and their client. She also gave me a quick tour of the office. Everyone seemed very friendly and the interview was nice and conversational. I will be waiting to hear back over the next couple of weeks.

Account Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tallahassee, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tallahassee, FL

Submit resume through email, in person interview, intern job period of 3 months, then promoted to position. Report to supervisor daily and complete lists of tasks very micromanaged but worked well to learn initial skills necessary

Interview Questions
    • What two brands you dream of working with and at what angle you could co brand them   View Answer

Worked for Zimmerman Advertising? Contribute to the Community!