Zimmerman Advertising Interview Questions

Updated Aug 14, 2014
Updated Aug 14, 2014

2.4

Digital and Social Media Interview

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Zimmerman Advertising.

Initial screening was via a phone interview with a member of the HR team. Next stage was being provided with a detailed job description, including the requirements and responsibilities. Once I indicated that I was comfortable with the job as described, interviews were set up. The first interview was with the HR employee who screened me. The next interview was with a senior staffer who was apparently being phased out of the group/position. The last interview was with the head of HR.

Interview Questions
    • HR team was not aware that an offer was being made to a candidate that day for the subject position; it was the first thing mentioned during the first interview with a senior staffer. There seemed to be a disconnect between the HR team and the department in question.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Zimmerman Advertising.

I contacted the recruiter via email after a career fair at my university. My first round interview over the phone lasted a total of 30 minutes. I believed it went quite well, but when told that transportation would be required and my housing would not be compensated, I reconsidered and opted out.

Interview Questions
    • The interviewer asked fairly general questions. I can not recall any particularly difficult questions asked during the interview. I have learned from peers who have taken the position that the agency culture is unforgiving and fast paced.   Answer Question

Assistant Digital Analyst Interview

I applied online and received a quick response. I had a phone interview with a recruiter at the Florida office. Then about a week later, I met with two employees in person at the Dallas office. The interview was fairly informal and very conversational.... not just the common question and answer interview format. It lasted about an hour. None of the questions were out of the ordinary and they were very engaging.

Interview Questions
    • They asked most of the common questions. Nothing difficult.   Answer Question

Account Coordinator Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Zimmerman Advertising.

Hiring process was a mess and very unorganized. Once arrived at on-site interview, I should have expected it would not go smoothly. It was not arranged properly and was extremely unorganized.

I felt I would not be a good fit for a company that did not maintain at least a normal level of organization.

Creative Director Interview

It was quick and standard. They don't really have much leeway considering their reputation in the industry.

Billing Coordinator Interview

I tempted here for a while before being hired permanently. I was here a while so the process was easy.

Interview Questions
    • The pay isn't enough. The people who do the actual work don't get paid enough. This place is for experience only but skip this if you're looking for good pay.   Answer Question

Junior Integrated Media Buyer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Zimmerman Advertising.

It was a very positive experience!

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Zimmerman Advertising in July 2010.

The interview process was very relaxed. I had gone into the agency to meet with three separate account service departments. I actually only met with one as they asked if I would forgo the rest of my interviews for the day if I was offered a position.

I was interviewed by the VP & an Account Supervisor. The conversation was easy & relaxed. At the time, I was right out of college, so I brought my portfolio book with a project that I had worked on with my college advertising course team. I never even had to open the book. I was simply asked about myself, what type of environment I was looking for and my work ethic. I expected a much tougher interview, but I was happy to have it be more about my personality than experience.

Interview Questions
    • What are your strongest traits and how do you think you can use these to better the company and our current processes in order to succeed?   Answer Question
    There is no negotiation phase. You will be offered $24,000 straight out of college for any entry level position (unless you have further education). If you will not accept the offer, someone else will. They are simply offering you experience at a larger agency which was hard to find in South Florida right out of college, so I accepted. Please also note that I had the opportunity to commute and and live with family, so I was able to afford the very low salary.

Junior Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I applied online. The process took 6 days - interviewed at Zimmerman Advertising in June 2013.

You need to complete a survey before screening then you have a screening and after you have a physical interview. It was fast and easy. Not very hard to get into the company.

Interview Questions
    • Do you have any experience buying media? It was unexpected as I was applying for advertising Account Executive.   Answer Question

Account Coordinator Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Zimmerman Advertising.

I applied through my university career site. I was called in for an interview and met with the supervisor of the account. It was a 10 minute interview max and very easy breezy.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing. Extremely easy breezy interview. Max 10 minutes.   Answer Question
    Unfortunately being entry level, they would not negotiate

Worked for Zimmerman Advertising? Contribute to the Community!