Zimmerman Advertising

Updated May 29, 2014

Average Difficulty
36 candidate interviews

Account Coordinator

I applied online and interviewed at Zimmerman Advertising.

Interview Details – Hiring process was a mess and very unorganized. Once arrived at on-site interview, I should have expected it would not go smoothly. It was not arranged properly and was extremely unorganized.

Reason for Declining – I felt I would not be a good fit for a company that did not maintain at least a normal level of organization.

Digital and Social Media Interview

Digital and Social Media

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Zimmerman Advertising.

Interview Details – Initial screening was via a phone interview with a member of the HR team. Next stage was being provided with a detailed job description, including the requirements and responsibilities. Once I indicated that I was comfortable with the job as described, interviews were set up. The first interview was with the HR employee who screened me. The next interview was with a senior staffer who was apparently being phased out of the group/position. The last interview was with the head of HR.

Interview Question – HR team was not aware that an offer was being made to a candidate that day for the subject position; it was the first thing mentioned during the first interview with a senior staffer. There seemed to be a disconnect between the HR team and the department in question.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
Fort Lauderdale, FL

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Zimmerman Advertising.

Interview Details – I contacted the recruiter via email after a career fair at my university. My first round interview over the phone lasted a total of 30 minutes. I believed it went quite well, but when told that transportation would be required and my housing would not be compensated, I reconsidered and opted out.

Interview Question – The interviewer asked fairly general questions. I can not recall any particularly difficult questions asked during the interview. I have learned from peers who have taken the position that the agency culture is unforgiving and fast paced.   Answer Question

Billing Coordinator Interview

Billing Coordinator

Interviewed at Zimmerman Advertising

Interview Details – I tempted here for a while before being hired permanently. I was here a while so the process was easy.

Interview Question – The pay isn't enough. The people who do the actual work don't get paid enough. This place is for experience only but skip this if you're looking for good pay.   Answer Question

Junior Integrated Media Buyer Interview

Junior Integrated Media Buyer

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Zimmerman Advertising.

Interview Details – It was a very positive experience!

Interview Question – No unexpected questions!   Answer Question

Assistant Digital Analyst Interview

Assistant Digital Analyst

Interviewed at Zimmerman Advertising

Interview Details – I applied online and received a quick response. I had a phone interview with a recruiter at the Florida office. Then about a week later, I met with two employees in person at the Dallas office. The interview was fairly informal and very conversational.... not just the common question and answer interview format. It lasted about an hour. None of the questions were out of the ordinary and they were very engaging.

Interview Question – They asked most of the common questions. Nothing difficult.   Answer Question

Creative Director Interview

Creative Director

Interviewed at Zimmerman Advertising

Interview Details – It was quick and standard. They don't really have much leeway considering their reputation in the industry.

Junior Account Executive Interview

Junior Account Executive
Fort Lauderdale, FL

I applied online and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Zimmerman Advertising in June 2013.

Interview Details – You need to complete a survey before screening then you have a screening and after you have a physical interview. It was fast and easy. Not very hard to get into the company.

Interview Question – Do you have any experience buying media? It was unexpected as I was applying for advertising Account Executive.   Answer Question

Account Coordinator

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Zimmerman Advertising.

Interview Details – I applied through my university career site. I was called in for an interview and met with the supervisor of the account. It was a 10 minute interview max and very easy breezy.

Interview Question – Nothing. Extremely easy breezy interview. Max 10 minutes.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Unfortunately being entry level, they would not negotiate

Account Coordinator

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Zimmerman Advertising.

Interview Details – Phone interview, in-person interview, discussion with HR, then hired.

Interview Question – It was a very generic interview. I don't recall any questions that were too difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. It was a take it or leave it offer. I tried negotiating and they told me it was non-negotiable.

Worked for Zimmerman Advertising? Contribute to the Community!