Zimmerman Advertising

Updated Dec 17, 2014
Updated Dec 17, 2014

2.3

Account Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Zimmerman Advertising.

First, the candidate meets with HR. Then he or she will interview with people whom you will eventually work for. Lastly, the team meets and decides whether to move forward with an offer. It's a pretty simplistic and common hiring procedure.

Interview Questions
    • The interviews are simple. Just read the company website and act eager.   Answer Question
    They don't negotiate for entry level positions.

Copywriter Interview

It was a very quick and friendly process. I interviewed with the team I would be working with on a daily basis and I feel like everyone involved was very honest, which is exactly what you should be in return. Don't be afraid to voice your opinion but just know that most positions have it built in what they should be.,

Media Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Zimmerman Advertising in September 2014.

Had an initial phone interview with HR and then they scheduled one day to meet with a team of 5 managers. I then was contacted for references. I reached out to my past supervisors and asked if it was okay to recommend them as references and they all accepted. 2 of 3 past supervisors were contacted and highly recommended. I was hired in less than 3 days.

Interview Questions
    very easy, no room for negotiation.

Assistant Integrated Media Planner Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Zimmerman Advertising in September 2014.

I applied online then two days later I received a phone call from HR, which ended up being a pre-screening interview. Then I had a follow-up phone call the next day. That Friday I went in to the office for an interview. It was pretty informal, and I really was able to have a conversation with all the people interviewing me.

Interview Questions
    • What did you do to overcome a challenge?   View Answer
    No negotiations.

Social Marketing Specialist Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Zimmerman Advertising in May 2014.

I started at Zimmerman Advertising in a different department but I contacted and worked closely with HR to express my desire to switch. They were extremely helpful to me and guided me through the proper steps to get me an interview for my dream role.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Zimmerman Advertising in September 2014.

I applied online after an Indeed.com search for Sales/Account Executive. I received a call from HR 2 days later asking me basic questions about why Zimmerman? Salary? Goals etc. They sent some personality questionaire and invited me in to meet with the Director - After spending a few hours with them, I was given the benefits and sent on my way. Cool building but everyone was short and to the point with their questions - Interesting place, not quite sure what it takes to get in, but I will keep trying.

Interview Questions
    • If I could meet anyone living or dead who would it be?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I applied online – interviewed at Zimmerman Advertising in June 2013.

Phone screen then in person. Easy. Pleasant receptionist. Television with Zimmerman ads to review. Free candy in lobby. Upbeat atmosphere. Easy questions. More sell than tell. Interrupted by manager during screening. Think this was a test.

they don't negotiate

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Zimmerman Advertising in July 2012.

A friend sent my CV to HR. HR called me to schedule a phone interview, which happened that same week which later led to an in person interview. I was coming from Chicago so I had to fly down for the interview (Zimmerman was not paying for my flight or stay at the hotel). After meeting with 3 people, I left and that next Monday I was offered the job. I asked how long did I have to get back to them on an answer, only a few hours.... I should have known that I was stepping into after that response.

Interview Questions
    • If I were to open your car's trunk, what would I find?   Answer Question
    I received a call Monday around noon with the offer, I asked when I can get back to them, they told me 4 pm. I had only 4 hours to make my decision to move my life across the country. Terrible experience in that respect.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Zimmerman Advertising in August 2014.

I stopped into the lobby at Zimmerman and inquired about any open positions, and whether I would be able to speak with someone. They brought out one of their talent acquisition specialists and I was able to briefly discuss my position with her. She asked about my background, the department that I was looking to join, and why I wanted to join the company in particular. After this meeting we exchanged contact information, and I received a call back a few days later to schedule an official interview. I was provided with the names of the people I would be interviewing with, and asked to research a number of topics beforehand. The interview with three people in the account services department that all worked on one account, which was also the account I would be joining if hired. The interview was about 10 minutes with each person, with a range of questions about my background, skills/experiences, and future goals. After the interview I was officially offered a position a few days later and accepted.

Interview Questions
    • Most unexpected: What position did I play in football?   View Answer
    It was not a negotiable offer.

Media Planner Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Zimmerman Advertising.

Applied online in the beginning after being told there was a position available and that I would be a good fit. The entire interview process lasted about 3 months - HR seems to be very disorganized. Interviews were very spaced out due to manager availability and timing when HR would contact me.

Interview Questions
    Countered my first offer - Counter was accepted.