Zimmerman Advertising Interview Questions

Updated Oct 2, 2014
Updated Oct 2, 2014

2.4

Social Marketing Specialist Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Zimmerman Advertising in May 2014.

I started at Zimmerman Advertising in a different department but I contacted and worked closely with HR to express my desire to switch. They were extremely helpful to me and guided me through the proper steps to get me an interview for my dream role.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Zimmerman Advertising in September 2014.

I applied online after an Indeed.com search for Sales/Account Executive. I received a call from HR 2 days later asking me basic questions about why Zimmerman? Salary? Goals etc. They sent some personality questionaire and invited me in to meet with the Director - After spending a few hours with them, I was given the benefits and sent on my way. Cool building but everyone was short and to the point with their questions - Interesting place, not quite sure what it takes to get in, but I will keep trying.

Interview Questions
    • If I could meet anyone living or dead who would it be?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I applied online – interviewed at Zimmerman Advertising in June 2013.

Phone screen then in person. Easy. Pleasant receptionist. Television with Zimmerman ads to review. Free candy in lobby. Upbeat atmosphere. Easy questions. More sell than tell. Interrupted by manager during screening. Think this was a test.

they don't negotiate

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Zimmerman Advertising in July 2012.

A friend sent my CV to HR. HR called me to schedule a phone interview, which happened that same week which later led to an in person interview. I was coming from Chicago so I had to fly down for the interview (Zimmerman was not paying for my flight or stay at the hotel). After meeting with 3 people, I left and that next Monday I was offered the job. I asked how long did I have to get back to them on an answer, only a few hours.... I should have known that I was stepping into after that response.

Interview Questions
    • If I were to open your car's trunk, what would I find?   Answer Question
    I received a call Monday around noon with the offer, I asked when I can get back to them, they told me 4 pm. I had only 4 hours to make my decision to move my life across the country. Terrible experience in that respect.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Zimmerman Advertising in August 2014.

I stopped into the lobby at Zimmerman and inquired about any open positions, and whether I would be able to speak with someone. They brought out one of their talent acquisition specialists and I was able to briefly discuss my position with her. She asked about my background, the department that I was looking to join, and why I wanted to join the company in particular. After this meeting we exchanged contact information, and I received a call back a few days later to schedule an official interview. I was provided with the names of the people I would be interviewing with, and asked to research a number of topics beforehand. The interview with three people in the account services department that all worked on one account, which was also the account I would be joining if hired. The interview was about 10 minutes with each person, with a range of questions about my background, skills/experiences, and future goals. After the interview I was officially offered a position a few days later and accepted.

Interview Questions
    • Most unexpected: What position did I play in football?   View Answer
    It was not a negotiable offer.

Media Planner Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Zimmerman Advertising.

Applied online in the beginning after being told there was a position available and that I would be a good fit. The entire interview process lasted about 3 months - HR seems to be very disorganized. Interviews were very spaced out due to manager availability and timing when HR would contact me.

Interview Questions
    Countered my first offer - Counter was accepted.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tallahassee, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tallahassee, FL

Submit resume through email, in person interview, intern job period of 3 months, then promoted to position. Report to supervisor daily and complete lists of tasks very micromanaged but worked well to learn initial skills necessary

Interview Questions
    • What two brands you dream of working with and at what angle you could co brand them   View Answer

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Zimmerman Advertising in March 2013.

Short phone interview followed by in person interview. The questions were all pretty easy and the interview was not intimidating. Just have examples of work you did ready to explain.

Interview Questions
    • All pretty straight forward questions. Nothing that caught me off guard.   Answer Question

Account Coordinator Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Zimmerman Advertising.

I applied through my university career site. I was called in for an interview and met with the supervisor of the account. It was a 10 minute interview max and very easy breezy.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing. Extremely easy breezy interview. Max 10 minutes.   Answer Question
    Unfortunately being entry level, they would not negotiate

Junior Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Zimmerman Advertising in June 2013.

You need to complete a survey before screening then you have a screening and after you have a physical interview. It was fast and easy. Not very hard to get into the company.

Interview Questions
    • Do you have any experience buying media? It was unexpected as I was applying for advertising Account Executive.   Answer Question