Zimmerman Advertising

Relevance Date Difficulty

Copywriter Interview

Copywriter
Fort Lauderdale, FL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Zimmerman Advertising in January 2013.

Interview Details – Had a quick phone interview and then went to the office for a few hours face to face with the CD.

Interview Question – Nothing was particularly difficult   Answer Question

Junior Integrated Media Buyer Interview

Junior Integrated Media Buyer

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Zimmerman Advertising.

Interview Details – It was a very positive experience!

Interview Question – No unexpected questions!   Answer Question

Production Planner Interview

Production Planner
Fort Lauderdale, FL

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Zimmerman Advertising.

Interview Details – The recruiter was really nice, and showed interest in having someone eager to learn and with experience. Said to keep in touch if was interested.

Interview Question – Not a difficult, but was expected to show your knowledge on the interview.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Billing Coordinator Interview

Interviewed at Zimmerman Advertising

Interview Details – I tempted here for a while before being hired permanently. I was here a while so the process was easy.

Interview Question – The pay isn't enough. The people who do the actual work don't get paid enough. This place is for experience only but skip this if you're looking for good pay.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Account Executive Interview

Account Executive
Fort Lauderdale, FL

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Zimmerman Advertising in July 2010.

Interview Details – The interview process was very relaxed. I had gone into the agency to meet with three separate account service departments. I actually only met with one as they asked if I would forgo the rest of my interviews for the day if I was offered a position.

I was interviewed by the VP & an Account Supervisor. The conversation was easy & relaxed. At the time, I was right out of college, so I brought my portfolio book with a project that I had worked on with my college advertising course team. I never even had to open the book. I was simply asked about myself, what type of environment I was looking for and my work ethic. I expected a much tougher interview, but I was happy to have it be more about my personality than experience.

Interview Question – What are your strongest traits and how do you think you can use these to better the company and our current processes in order to succeed?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation phase. You will be offered $24,000 straight out of college for any entry level position (unless you have further education). If you will not accept the offer, someone else will. They are simply offering you experience at a larger agency which was hard to find in South Florida right out of college, so I accepted. Please also note that I had the opportunity to commute and and live with family, so I was able to afford the very low salary.

Intern Interview

Intern
Fort Lauderdale, FL

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Zimmerman Advertising.

Interview Details – I contacted the recruiter via email after a career fair at my university. My first round interview over the phone lasted a total of 30 minutes. I believed it went quite well, but when told that transportation would be required and my housing would not be compensated, I reconsidered and opted out.

Interview Question – The interviewer asked fairly general questions. I can not recall any particularly difficult questions asked during the interview. I have learned from peers who have taken the position that the agency culture is unforgiving and fast paced.   Answer Question

Digital and Social Media Interview

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Zimmerman Advertising.

Interview Details – Initial screening was via a phone interview with a member of the HR team. Next stage was being provided with a detailed job description, including the requirements and responsibilities. Once I indicated that I was comfortable with the job as described, interviews were set up. The first interview was with the HR employee who screened me. The next interview was with a senior staffer who was apparently being phased out of the group/position. The last interview was with the head of HR.

Interview Question – HR team was not aware that an offer was being made to a candidate that day for the subject position; it was the first thing mentioned during the first interview with a senior staffer. There seemed to be a disconnect between the HR team and the department in question.   Answer Question

Account Coordinator

I applied online and interviewed at Zimmerman Advertising.

Interview Details – Hiring process was a mess and very unorganized. Once arrived at on-site interview, I should have expected it would not go smoothly. It was not arranged properly and was extremely unorganized.

Reason for Declining – I felt I would not be a good fit for a company that did not maintain at least a normal level of organization.

Fort Lauderdale, FL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Zimmerman Advertising in February 2010.

Interview Details – You basically interview with multiple management team members based of specific clients.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself long term?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiating. The HR department made it very clear that this was the entry level salary.

Account Coordinator

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Zimmerman Advertising in April 2012.

Interview Details – I got a phone call from HR telling me that they wanted me to come in to interview. I first met with HR, who asked what I already knew about the company, why I would be good to work there, etc. Because I was interviewing for account services, I interviewed with the account directors for all of the accounts that had open positions.

Interview Question – "If you were a vegetable, what vegetable would you be?"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Don't even try.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Zimmerman Advertising