Zimmerman Advertising

2.4

22 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Zimmerman Advertising in September 2014.

I applied online after an Indeed.com search for Sales/Account Executive. I received a call from HR 2 days later asking me basic questions about why Zimmerman? Salary? Goals etc. They sent some personality questionaire and invited me in to meet with the Director - After spending a few hours with them, I was given the benefits and sent on my way. Cool building but everyone was short and to the point with their questions - Interesting place, not quite sure what it takes to get in, but I will keep trying.

Interview Questions
    • If I could meet anyone living or dead who would it be?   Answer Question

Media Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Zimmerman Advertising in September 2014.

Had an initial phone interview with HR and then they scheduled one day to meet with a team of 5 managers. I then was contacted for references. I reached out to my past supervisors and asked if it was okay to recommend them as references and they all accepted. 2 of 3 past supervisors were contacted and highly recommended. I was hired in less than 3 days.

Interview Questions
    very easy, no room for negotiation.

Account Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Zimmerman Advertising in August 2014.

I stopped into the lobby at Zimmerman and inquired about any open positions, and whether I would be able to speak with someone. They brought out one of their talent acquisition specialists and I was able to briefly discuss my position with her. She asked about my background, the department that I was looking to join, and why I wanted to join the company in particular. After this meeting we exchanged contact information, and I received a call back a few days later to schedule an official interview. I was provided with the names of the people I would be interviewing with, and asked to research a number of topics beforehand. The interview with three people in the account services department that all worked on one account, which was also the account I would be joining if hired. The interview was about 10 minutes with each person, with a range of questions about my background, skills/experiences, and future goals. After the interview I was officially offered a position a few days later and accepted.

Interview Questions
    • Most unexpected: What position did I play in football?   View Answer
    It was not a negotiable offer.

Traffic Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Zimmerman Advertising in February 2014.

Following a brief phone interview, I was invited to their new Ft. Lauderdale office for a face-to-face interview. I was greeted by the two Talent Acquisition Specialists that scheduled the interviews and was then introduced to the two Traffic Managers I was scheduled to sit down with. The first sit down went well, the second was cold and borderline rude, and was seemingly concerned by my ambition of wanting to move up the corporate ladder. Yes, she was clearly looking for someone who would like to stay in the same position for years to come. And while I played it off during the interview, that was the first big red flag for me. Who wants to join a company that doesn't give you the opportunity to grow? Second red flag -which I initially chose to ignore during my phone interview- was the low pay, starting at $24,000/year regardless of the entry job level you were being offered. I believe that opportunity is more important than pay, but when you combine the lack of promotions possibilities this company exposed alongside their low salaries, it was close to impossible to picture myself being excited to dedicate long hours in this place.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing out of the ordinary. Rundown of your resume, why you want to work for them etc.   Answer Question

Production Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Zimmerman Advertising.

The recruiter was really nice, and showed interest in having someone eager to learn and with experience. Said to keep in touch if was interested.

Interview Questions
    • Not a difficult, but was expected to show your knowledge on the interview.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Zimmerman Advertising.

I contacted the recruiter via email after a career fair at my university. My first round interview over the phone lasted a total of 30 minutes. I believed it went quite well, but when told that transportation would be required and my housing would not be compensated, I reconsidered and opted out.

Interview Questions
    • The interviewer asked fairly general questions. I can not recall any particularly difficult questions asked during the interview. I have learned from peers who have taken the position that the agency culture is unforgiving and fast paced.   Answer Question

Junior Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Zimmerman Advertising in June 2013.

You need to complete a survey before screening then you have a screening and after you have a physical interview. It was fast and easy. Not very hard to get into the company.

Interview Questions
    • Do you have any experience buying media? It was unexpected as I was applying for advertising Account Executive.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I applied online – interviewed at Zimmerman Advertising in June 2013.

Phone screen then in person. Easy. Pleasant receptionist. Television with Zimmerman ads to review. Free candy in lobby. Upbeat atmosphere. Easy questions. More sell than tell. Interrupted by manager during screening. Think this was a test.

they don't negotiate

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Zimmerman Advertising in March 2013.

Short phone interview followed by in person interview. The questions were all pretty easy and the interview was not intimidating. Just have examples of work you did ready to explain.

Interview Questions
    • All pretty straight forward questions. Nothing that caught me off guard.   Answer Question

Creative Traffic Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Zimmerman Advertising in January 2013.

Applied through their website and LinkedIn. Received a call back after, I've applied through Linkedin. The talent acquisition scheduled an interview with 3 different members of the creative department.

Interview Questions
    • Entry level position - Are you willing to stick around in the position for 3 years?   View Answer