Zimmerman Advertising Interview Questions in Miami-Fort Lauderdale, FL

Updated Jul 25, 2015

2.5

Account Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Zimmerman Advertising (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in April 2015.

Interview

After I applied, they called me later that week to ask me about my interview availability, which went directly into a phone screening. It was slightly unexpected. They asked me about my work experience, briefly went over the job description, starting salary, and what they were looking for. The HR coordinator was nice enough to mention things I should research before my interview and after we had confirmed an interview time, she sent me a name of those I'd be interviewing with, the job description, and key points to research. They have valet parking for all the people interviewing, which is great. Upon arrival, she greeted me at reception and sat in a room with me to go over any questions I may have. She was very welcoming and reassuring. She gave me a quick rundown of each of the different interviewers' personalities and what types of questions they'd be asking me. I was going to be meeting with 3 different people. The first person I met with asked me very simple interview questions. Mainly about my past experiences and told me more about the position and that specific department. The second person was also very laidback and it flowed more like a conversation rather than an interview.The third person was the more difficult of the three. She asked me harder questions and a lot were scenario-based. She also told me what she's looking for in the position and how she was able to grow in the company. When I was done, the HR coordinator gave me a tour of the building and told me about all the company events they do. The whole interview process took about 1.5 - 2 hours that day. She said she would have an answer for me by Friday or Monday (I interviewed on a Tuesday). I didn't hear back until about 10 days after my interview telling me that I got the job.

Interview Questions

• What are some qualities you are looking for in a supervisor?   Answer Question
    • Name 1 personal and 1 professional accomplishment that isn't on your resume   Answer Question
    • How would you deal with an uncooperative team member? What would you do if they were still uncooperative after handling it?   Answer Question
    • Name a challenge you've had during your previous work experiences and how you overcame that   Answer Question
    • What are your strengths/weaknesses?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There's no negotiating for entry-level.

Social Media Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Zimmerman Advertising (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in December 2014.

Interview

I applied through their online portal and was contacted a day later. The HR coordinator was really nice and sweet and a good communicator. She made the company feel more accessible than their reputation would suggest. They contacted me before Thanksgiving and then contacted me the Tuesday after to schedule me for Wednesday. When I arrived, she had my entire day planned out. I was to meet with 5 people and two different sections of the digital department. At the end, the director of the digital department heard good things about me and met with me as well. The HR coordinator told me it was a good sign and gave me helpful tips. I instantly like the director and had a great meeting with him. His facial expressions made me feel like I would get hired and I'm extremely glad I did.

Interview Questions

• This company really looks for passion and drive. When I was let go from me previous position of less than a year, the director asked me "Were you just not invested?" They seek commitment.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I asked for a little more due to my experience and previous salary and they accepted.

Junior Media Planner Interview

Application

Interview

A lot of managers interviewed me and kept saying I was overqualified but still kept me here for over 5 hours until finally, the last supervisor who interviewed me, understood where I was coming from and saw my potential. Glad she did. She's the best. Needless to say, I got the job. Not the one I wanted but I'll get there.

Interview Questions

• Why would you like to work here having so much experience?   1 Answer

Media Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Zimmerman Advertising (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in September 2014.

Interview

Had an initial phone interview with HR and then they scheduled one day to meet with a team of 5 managers. I then was contacted for references. I reached out to my past supervisors and asked if it was okay to recommend them as references and they all accepted. 2 of 3 past supervisors were contacted and highly recommended. I was hired in less than 3 days.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

very easy, no room for negotiation.

Account Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Zimmerman Advertising (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in August 2014.

Interview

I stopped into the lobby at Zimmerman and inquired about any open positions, and whether I would be able to speak with someone. They brought out one of their talent acquisition specialists and I was able to briefly discuss my position with her. She asked about my background, the department that I was looking to join, and why I wanted to join the company in particular. After this meeting we exchanged contact information, and I received a call back a few days later to schedule an official interview. I was provided with the names of the people I would be interviewing with, and asked to research a number of topics beforehand. The interview with three people in the account services department that all worked on one account, which was also the account I would be joining if hired. The interview was about 10 minutes with each person, with a range of questions about my background, skills/experiences, and future goals. After the interview I was officially offered a position a few days later and accepted.

Interview Questions

• Most unexpected: What position did I play in football?   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was not a negotiable offer.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Zimmerman Advertising (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in March 2014.

Interview

Phone call and follow up interview. Good experience. The people are nice and helpful - it's better for you to be relaxed in answering their questions anyways. They know they are a top notch company though and want to be sure you are going to add value and work really hard.

Traffic Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Zimmerman Advertising (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in February 2014.

Interview

Following a brief phone interview, I was invited to their new Ft. Lauderdale office for a face-to-face interview. I was greeted by the two Talent Acquisition Specialists that scheduled the interviews and was then introduced to the two Traffic Managers I was scheduled to sit down with. The first sit down went well, the second was cold and borderline rude, and was seemingly concerned by my ambition of wanting to move up the corporate ladder. Yes, she was clearly looking for someone who would like to stay in the same position for years to come. And while I played it off during the interview, that was the first big red flag for me. Who wants to join a company that doesn't give you the opportunity to grow? Second red flag -which I initially chose to ignore during my phone interview- was the low pay, starting at $24,000/year regardless of the entry job level you were being offered. I believe that opportunity is more important than pay, but when you combine the lack of promotions possibilities this company exposed alongside their low salaries, it was close to impossible to picture myself being excited to dedicate long hours in this place.

Interview Questions

• Nothing out of the ordinary. Rundown of your resume, why you want to work for them etc.   Answer Question

Production Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Zimmerman Advertising (Fort Lauderdale, FL).

Interview

The recruiter was really nice, and showed interest in having someone eager to learn and with experience. Said to keep in touch if was interested.

Interview Questions

• Not a difficult, but was expected to show your knowledge on the interview.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Zimmerman Advertising (Fort Lauderdale, FL).

Interview

I contacted the recruiter via email after a career fair at my university. My first round interview over the phone lasted a total of 30 minutes. I believed it went quite well, but when told that transportation would be required and my housing would not be compensated, I reconsidered and opted out.

Interview Questions

• The interviewer asked fairly general questions. I can not recall any particularly difficult questions asked during the interview. I have learned from peers who have taken the position that the agency culture is unforgiving and fast paced.   Answer Question

Junior Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Zimmerman Advertising (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in June 2013.

Interview

You need to complete a survey before screening then you have a screening and after you have a physical interview. It was fast and easy. Not very hard to get into the company.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience buying media? It was unexpected as I was applying for advertising Account Executive.   Answer Question