1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

The process took a weekinterviewed at Zimmerman Advertising in October 2011.

Applied online and received a response back from a recruiter via email within 24 hours. Spoke to the recruiter on the phone. She was very professional, friendly and engaging. Definitely a good first impression for the company. Within 48 hours she responded back that she had set up a face-to-face interview with multiple members of the department, including two peers and the hiring manager. She scheduled a four hour block of time. I also had to complete a short personality assessment online before my interview. Upon arriving the next day, I observed that the parking was atrocious. My first meeting was with a different internal recruiter, who was also very friendly and professional. The environment seemed vibrant and energetic. I went into the first interview feeling positive. Unfortunately it spiraled downhill very quickly from there. The first two people I met were other Project Managers in the department and they were nothing short of awful. They kept shuffling me from place to place, guiding me through a never-ending maze of dreary cubicles until we ended in a small, stuffy conference room with no windows. I felt like I had committed a crime and was being interrogated by Scotland Yard! Between the two of them I was lectured about not having my MBA, repeatedly questioned about whether I had good references or not (if they were bad, why would I list them?!), and nearly insulted about not having certain programming experience which was NOT listed in the job description I applied for. Come to find out, the position I interviewed for wasn't even the original position I applied for at all and these gentlemen seemed to think it was my fault that the recruiter made a mistake. It was all I could do to stop myself from running out of there but I felt that would be unprofessional so I bit the bullet and finished the interview. The hiring manager was a bit more pleasant and he and I were both upfront about the fact that I was not the right fit for the position. After reading the reviews from employees about this organization, I am counting my blessings that I did not waste anymore time there than the 4 hour interview. Potential candidates be warned - their website and marketing materials may look appealing at first glance, but this company seems more like a slave ship than the party cruise they try to appear as. Oh and their corporate motto, which is required on all email signatures - "24x7, seriously". Sorry but that doesn't seem like a very good work/life balance to me.

Interview Questions
  • So if I call your references, every single one of them will say something positive about you?   View Answer