Zinio

Updated Oct 21, 2014
Updated Oct 21, 2014

2.8

Customer Support Interview

First had a phone interview then Interviewed with 3 different people at different times, friendly people and was offered the job within a week the offer was lower than expected. They each asked around 15 questions and I had to meet with the current CEO before I was offered (this happened at the same time as the interview)

Director of Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Zinio in April 2014.

The interview process took about two weeks to complete (from 1st contact to final interview)
    1) Qualifying HR Review
    2) Second Interview with HR Manager,
    3) Another interview with the first interviewer
    4) Scheduled in person Interview which consisted of being interviewed by 5 people last about 30/45 minutes
         per Interviewer.

* After going through this Whole process I spent $10.00 in Gas, $35.00 in parking (half a day interview)
      and about 5 hours of time not to mention the trip home.

I received an email stating that everyone liked me and all they needed was to review my application with the
     Executive team.
     Three days later I get an email stating the Executive team decided NOT to fill the position and have a CSR
     handle the extra work in Spain.

TOTAL WASTE OF TIME!!!

They need to communicate with the C- Level management before they even post the job.
    Communicate with all levels of management to make sure everyone is on board and understands the process and is willing to move forward.

Interview Questions
    • As a Seasoned 16 years experience, all the questions were pretty basic and not very difficult at all.   Answer Question

Director of Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Zinio in March 2014.

Initial interview was a phone conversation with the HR recruiter (internal) basically verifying your qualifications and going over your resume.
    2nd interview was phone conversation with HR Manager, very nice and pleasant conversation.
    3rd Interview was on site for 4 hours, I was interviewed individually by different members of the management team.
    The questions asked were all questions relevant to the position and my experience, nothing was to difficult to answer.
    After a total months of time from applying to the last interview I felt like I wasted $35.00 for parking and walking in the rain getting drenched just to hear that everyone liked me and felt I was very qualified but the upper management decided to adsorb the position and use someone from our other offices.
    WHAT!!!!!
    I felt this was a simple left hand not communicating with the right hand kind of thing. this is something that I would think would be discussed before even posting the position on the job boards!!!

Interview Questions
    • No questions that an experienced interviewee could not answer.   Answer Question

Architect Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Zinio.

Did a phone interview and was asked to come in at my own cost to interview at their SF office.
    $32 for all day parking, no lunch provided despite the fact that interview was scheduled over lunch. All the interviewers were late. One didn't even show up and left me sitting there for 30 min. HR was clueless and wasn't sure who was next.

Interview Questions
    • Interviewers (more then one) hinted that They are leaving the company or plan on leaving the company. OK. How do you respond to that?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Zinio in June 2012.

This was a few months back...I applied via a job board and was contacted by hiring manager and did a short phone interview. I was asked if i would like to come in for an in person interview with them, which I did, and felt it went extremely well.

During the interview I was told I would hear back from them in a few weeks with a decision, either way, but nothing. When I called and emailed, it was like I never existed. Was the interview just a dream? If a candidate spends a day to interview with you, have the decency to get back to them. Not even the courtesy of a rejection letter or call (which doesn't take more than a minute).

Production Artist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Zinio in August 2010.

I applied online. Received a phone call. Interviewed with three people at once. Did not receive the job. Was called back 6(ish) months later with a new job opening as I was the next candidate. Interviewed with three different additional people, including the VP of production.

No negotiations.

Product Manager Interview

Easy interview easy hiring process. Such a joke, will hire anyone who is willing to accept.

Interview Questions
    Easy, they will give anything.