Zions Bancorporation

Updated Jul 25, 2014

2.7

Compliance Review Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Zions Bancorporation in March 2012.

Campus recruiting, introduced my self to them, and sent resume online. I received a call from them and set up an interview time. I got call to go in for an interview in person. After the second interview I was told I would be contacted within a week.

Interview Questions
    • How would you contribute to the Zions team?   View Answer
    After the final interview they offered me a competitive salary rate based on my experience.

On-Call Retail Lending Credit Risk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Valley City, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Valley City, UT

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Zions Bancorporation in July 2011.

First, I received a phone call from a recruiter who wanted to set up a phone interview with the hiring manager. I agreed and we determined an workable time for the manager to call me. When that time arrived, a couple days later, the manager called me and we spoke for 20-30 minutes. Right away I liked how the manager communicated and how we got along. He seemed like a smart, competent, good guy--the kind of guy I like to work for. The questions he asked were probing without being pushy or aggressive. I enjoyed his candor and that he had actually read my resume and used the information on it to create a fairly accurate mental picture of the kind of candidate I am, as well as my skill-level. This was particularly valuable to me because, as a recent graduate, I hoped to find an employer who wasn't bothered by my lack of professional experience and who valued (for what it was) my academic experience and what I learned in school. So that's what we talked about: how my education would serve me in being successful in the entry-level position they were hiring for.

At the close of the interview, he said that he'd like to bring me in to meet his boss and that the recruiter would call me to set up a time. As promised, the recruiter called later that day and we set up a time for early the next week.

I arrived on-time for the interview, and soon the hiring manager and his boss came out to meet me. They took me back to a conference room where we made ourselves comfortable. Both were well-dressed, sporting dress slacks and button-up shirts. They were well-groomed and carried themselves with dignity. The vibe in the room was comfortable and friendly so I was able to relax and show why I'd be a good fit for the position.

When we got to talking they asked me a lot of questions and I asked them a lot of questions. They asked good, pointed questions like "why do you feel you're qualified for this position?" and I asked them about themselves and what the job entailed. I was impressed by their individual quality, their professional histories, and their demeanor.

At the close of the interview I expressed my interest in the position, and in working for them specifically. They said their recruiter would call me if they decided to bring me aboard.

A week later, I hadn't heard anything, so I called the hiring manager and left a message reiterating my interest. The next day he called me back and told me they were impressed with my interview and that they'd like to bring me aboard but they needed further management approval. He said that pending that approval their recruiter would be calling me.

Sure enough, two days later, the recruiter called me and made me an offer. I thought it was fair, so I accepted.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you feel you are qualified for this position?   View Answer
    I didn't really try negotiating as I thought the wage was good, and the opportunity very valuable.

Corporate Trust Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

The process took a weekinterviewed at Zions Bancorporation in March 2011.

I was called in for an interview and without prior warning, I was given an Excel assessment. This company requires a high level of Excel experience. The assessment I was given was to create a spreadsheet with loan amortization formulas and I had no clue how to do it. Although I have some experience working with spreadsheets, I am not very experienced with formulas. I politely walked out of the interview after the interviewers left me in the room to do the assessment. Embarrassing, it was, but I saved a lot of awkwardness for when they were going to tell me thanks but no thanks.

Contracts Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Zions Bancorporation in February 2011.

Pre-Screening Phone Interview. Initial in person interview with 8 people, both in person an via video conference. Final interview with 3 managers from other departments.

Interview Questions
    • There was a contract test to start the interview.   View Answer
    DIscussions with the HR recruiter. Were willing to work a little.

MBA Rotational Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Zions Bancorporation in November 2010.

Interviewed on site in their Salt Lake Headquarters. Interviewed with two managers, from different departments. Basic behavioral questions. They also wanted to know what kind of positions I would be interested in, since it was a rotational program. Pretty laid back. One of the interviewers didn't seem very prepared, just kind of talk about the program and went through my resume. Both very likable and made the interview comfortable.

Interview Questions
    • Just basic behavioral questions. Some that were a little bit different for me: What are your greatest accomplishments? What have been your favorite classes in school?   Answer Question

Info Risk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Zions Bancorporation in October 2010.

Initial phone interview, group in person interview then final interview over phone with offer.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us how you have worked in the past with diverse groups of co workers   View Answer
    • What experience have you had with dealing with difficult clients and how would you handle them over the phone?   Answer Question
    I negotiated two thousand per year more than they were initially offering.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at Zions Bancorporation in April 2010.

I had 2 phone interviews with a middle level manager in the department. Then I was flown in for an all-day series of interviews with 3 managers, and 3 co-workers, as well as a lunch interview with several at the same time. They made me feel comfortable, and seemed to simply be getting to know me and a feel for my background and how I would fit in.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked some technical questions regarding the database software they used to make sure I knew how to use it as well as rdbms type questions.   Answer Question
    Relocation, and a $5000 increase once I achieved certification in SQL Server.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salem, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salem, MA

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Zions Bancorporation in March 2010.

The interview process consists two different steps: on campus interview+onsite.They both were really positive experience for me. be prepared with technical questions.

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Zions Bancorporation in February 2010.

Interviewed on campus with two company reps. They were actual department employees and had good info on what the position would be doing and what company culture was like. Had a few technical questions.

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Zions Bancorporation in March 2009.

I only had a phone interview. The interviewer was not well prepared and had few questions to ask. Since he was not native to the US, he seemed to be hesitant to ask many questions nor answer any questions with much depth.

Interview Questions
    • What is your experience with ACH and wire transfers?   View Answer