Zions Bancorporation Interview Questions

Updated Jun 4, 2015

2.7

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Zions Bancorporation.

Interview

General process

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Zions Bancorporation (Salt Lake City, UT) in August 2013.

Interview

The interview was very positive. I really like people there especially the city, Salt Lake City. I met four people including VP, two managers, and one financial analyst. Some technical questions+Most behavioral questions. I enjoyed the whole process, and waiting for the feedback.

Interview Questions

• How to deal with difficult co-workers? and some technical questions related to SAS   Answer Question

Lockbox Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Zions Bancorporation (Houston, TX).

Interview

Process starts with a phone interview with a recruiter. If your phone interview goes well then you maybe setup for an in person interview at the end of the conversation. In person interview was structured questions and you're expected to answer to the best of your abilities. Not really a right or wrong answer, questions kind of analyze your thought process, past experiences, and your overall character as an employee, Took less than a week to hear back from someone. Drug testing and background checks are next. Everything checks out then you come aboard.

Negotiation

No negotiation you either take the starting salary or you dont.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Zions Bancorporation (Salt Lake City, UT).

Interview

I took the time to buy a new suit, learn the job and the company, prepare for the interview, come to the interview, use gas to drive to the corporate headquarters, take your assessment test, was polite to everyone I met, send a thank you card, and left a follow-up message on the answering machine and never got a replied. I was promised a phone call a week later to know if I was going to get a second interview or if I wasn't the person they were looking for. I never received the phone call and it has been two weeks.

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Zions Bancorporation.

Interview

Pretty convoluted. Sometimes group interviews, sometimes a long series of one on one. They don't do a very good job of communicating with candidates during the process.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They don't usually negotiate. The offer is what it is.

Personal Banker II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Zions Bancorporation (Dallas, TX) in July 2012.

Interview

Had a phone interview with a local recruiter (Houston) and an in branch interview with management. Was very quick start to finish. They didn't ask any unexpected questions and were responsive. Was able to negotiate my salary upwards with the recruiter slightly.

Interview Questions

• None, if you have interviewed as a banker this was very straightforward.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Brief. they came in with an offer, I countered, they came back with a maximum they were willing to do.

Compliance Review Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Zions Bancorporation (Salt Lake City, UT) in March 2012.

Interview

Campus recruiting, introduced my self to them, and sent resume online. I received a call from them and set up an interview time. I got call to go in for an interview in person. After the second interview I was told I would be contacted within a week.

Interview Questions

• How would you contribute to the Zions team?   1 Answer

Negotiation

After the final interview they offered me a competitive salary rate based on my experience.

On-Call Retail Lending Credit Risk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Valley City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Zions Bancorporation (West Valley City, UT) in July 2011.

Interview

First, I received a phone call from a recruiter who wanted to set up a phone interview with the hiring manager. I agreed and we determined an workable time for the manager to call me. When that time arrived, a couple days later, the manager called me and we spoke for 20-30 minutes. Right away I liked how the manager communicated and how we got along. He seemed like a smart, competent, good guy--the kind of guy I like to work for. The questions he asked were probing without being pushy or aggressive. I enjoyed his candor and that he had actually read my resume and used the information on it to create a fairly accurate mental picture of the kind of candidate I am, as well as my skill-level. This was particularly valuable to me because, as a recent graduate, I hoped to find an employer who wasn't bothered by my lack of professional experience and who valued (for what it was) my academic experience and what I learned in school. So that's what we talked about: how my education would serve me in being successful in the entry-level position they were hiring for. At the close of the interview, he said that he'd like to bring me in to meet his boss and that the recruiter would call me to set up a time. As promised, the recruiter called later that day and we set up a time for early the next week. I arrived on-time for the interview, and soon the hiring manager and his boss came out to meet me. They took me back to a conference room where we made ourselves comfortable. Both were well-dressed, sporting dress slacks and button-up shirts. They were well-groomed and carried themselves with dignity. The vibe in the room was comfortable and friendly so I was able to relax and show why I'd be a good fit for the position. When we got to talking they asked me a lot of questions and I asked them a lot of questions. They asked good, pointed questions like "why do you feel you're qualified for this position?" and I asked them about themselves and what the job entailed. I was impressed by their individual quality, their professional histories, and their demeanor. At the close of the interview I expressed my interest in the position, and in working for them specifically. They said their recruiter would call me if they decided to bring me aboard. A week later, I hadn't heard anything, so I called the hiring manager and left a message reiterating my interest. The next day he called me back and told me they were impressed with my interview and that they'd like to bring me aboard but they needed further management approval. He said that pending that approval their recruiter would be calling me. Sure enough, two days later, the recruiter called me and made me an offer. I thought it was fair, so I accepted.

Interview Questions

• Why do you feel you are qualified for this position?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't really try negotiating as I thought the wage was good, and the opportunity very valuable.

Corporate Trust Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

The process took a weekinterviewed at Zions Bancorporation (Denver, CO) in March 2011.

Interview

I was called in for an interview and without prior warning, I was given an Excel assessment. This company requires a high level of Excel experience. The assessment I was given was to create a spreadsheet with loan amortization formulas and I had no clue how to do it. Although I have some experience working with spreadsheets, I am not very experienced with formulas. I politely walked out of the interview after the interviewers left me in the room to do the assessment. Embarrassing, it was, but I saved a lot of awkwardness for when they were going to tell me thanks but no thanks.

Contracts Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Zions Bancorporation (Salt Lake City, UT) in February 2011.

Interview

Pre-Screening Phone Interview. Initial in person interview with 8 people, both in person an via video conference. Final interview with 3 managers from other departments.

Interview Questions

• There was a contract test to start the interview.   1 Answer

Negotiation

DIscussions with the HR recruiter. Were willing to work a little.