Zions Bancorporation

Relevance Date Difficulty

MBA Finance Associate Interview

MBA Finance Associate
Salt Lake City, UT

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Zions Bancorporation in January 2009.

Interview Details – My 1st interview was at the career center of my school. I met with an HR rep and a high level person in finance. The HR interview was standard; the finance interview got somewhat technical - moreso than I expected. This was during the credit crisis and Zions problems weren't well known just yet. They asked a lot about fixed income and risk analysis.

After that, I was 1 of 12 MBA students invited to SLC for 2nd round. We met around noon at their HQ office and after introductions, some lunch and a short Q&A, we were split into two or three groups and shuffled off into separate rooms. Each group was given an hour or so to analyze a case while 3-4 Zions execs watched and took notes. Later that evening, there was a dinner/reception with mgmt where we got to mingle and socialize. The next morning I had 1 on 1 interviews with 4 execs that were chosen by them from a pool of 12 or more that did all the interviewing. I met with a sales guy and HR guy as well as finance and operations. They specifically mixed up the specialties. These were more "fit" type interviews than technical ones. We finished by noon.

Overall, it was pretty standard fare for MBA recruiting. I liked the fact that they gave us their decision within a relatively short time frame, a couple weeks at best, so there wasn't much agonizing. One thing I didn't like was that they originally told us that they were looking to fill maybe 5-6 positions. I dont know how many offers were made, but I talked to several people in the group and only one I talked to got an offer. In the end, I know for sure that 2 people were hired and there maybe was a third. So out of 12, they maybe made 4 offers and got 2-3 acceptances.

Interview Question – The stastical theory behind yield curves, duration, negative convexity and other risk related items.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Zions Bancorporation

Worked for Zions Bancorporation? Contribute to the Community!