Zions Bancorporation

Updated Nov 12, 2014

2.5

Small Business Loan Specialist II Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Valley City, UT

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Zions Bancorporation (West Valley City, UT) in July 2014.

Interview

Interviewed with all three team leaders and the department manager. A lot of the same questions were repeated by all four interviewers which was annoying. The process also took a long time, and they didn't notify me right away when they had made their decision. I had to reach out myself.

Interview Questions

• Lots of follow up questions to your answers. Make sure to have good reasoning for your answers.   Answer Question

Employee In Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Valley City, UT

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at Zions Bancorporation (West Valley City, UT).

Interview

Good, Corporate does a good job.

Negotiation

Very fair

On-Call Retail Lending Credit Risk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Valley City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Zions Bancorporation (West Valley City, UT) in July 2011.

Interview

First, I received a phone call from a recruiter who wanted to set up a phone interview with the hiring manager. I agreed and we determined an workable time for the manager to call me. When that time arrived, a couple days later, the manager called me and we spoke for 20-30 minutes. Right away I liked how the manager communicated and how we got along. He seemed like a smart, competent, good guy--the kind of guy I like to work for. The questions he asked were probing without being pushy or aggressive. I enjoyed his candor and that he had actually read my resume and used the information on it to create a fairly accurate mental picture of the kind of candidate I am, as well as my skill-level. This was particularly valuable to me because, as a recent graduate, I hoped to find an employer who wasn't bothered by my lack of professional experience and who valued (for what it was) my academic experience and what I learned in school. So that's what we talked about: how my education would serve me in being successful in the entry-level position they were hiring for.

At the close of the interview, he said that he'd like to bring me in to meet his boss and that the recruiter would call me to set up a time. As promised, the recruiter called later that day and we set up a time for early the next week.

I arrived on-time for the interview, and soon the hiring manager and his boss came out to meet me. They took me back to a conference room where we made ourselves comfortable. Both were well-dressed, sporting dress slacks and button-up shirts. They were well-groomed and carried themselves with dignity. The vibe in the room was comfortable and friendly so I was able to relax and show why I'd be a good fit for the position.

When we got to talking they asked me a lot of questions and I asked them a lot of questions. They asked good, pointed questions like "why do you feel you're qualified for this position?" and I asked them about themselves and what the job entailed. I was impressed by their individual quality, their professional histories, and their demeanor.

At the close of the interview I expressed my interest in the position, and in working for them specifically. They said their recruiter would call me if they decided to bring me aboard.

A week later, I hadn't heard anything, so I called the hiring manager and left a message reiterating my interest. The next day he called me back and told me they were impressed with my interview and that they'd like to bring me aboard but they needed further management approval. He said that pending that approval their recruiter would be calling me.

Sure enough, two days later, the recruiter called me and made me an offer. I thought it was fair, so I accepted.

Interview Questions

• Why do you feel you are qualified for this position?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't really try negotiating as I thought the wage was good, and the opportunity very valuable.

Business Analyst III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Valley City, UT

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Zions Bancorporation (West Valley City, UT) in January 2009.

Interview

This was an internal posting within IT. I applied like anyone would from the outside, through the corporate careers website. After screening I was passed on to the hiring manager for a one-on-one interview. After the hiring manager interview I participated in a panel interview with the team.

Interview Questions

• Describe a project on which there was conflict that was getting in the way of progress. What was the conflict and what did you do to get things moving again?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Salary offer was high enough that I didn't need to negotiate.