Zions Bank Interview Questions

Updated Feb 24, 2015
Updated Feb 24, 2015

Executive Banking (Relationship Manager) Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Zions Bank.

Interview

Very intensive process. They really strive to find the right person for the role and will not make a decision just because they have to. You will meet with multiple people over multiple days. Be prepared by doing your research and understanding the position.

Relationship Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Zions Bank in March 2014.

Interview

You will be required to do a sale over the phone from calling someone who just opened a new account. They prefer you to find needs and then sale everything at the very end based upon what they said. They are mainly looking for a smooth transition with open ended questions to establish needs. The prefered products sold in the interview have to do with loans. After you have passed the phone interview by selling to them, you will be asked to come for an in person interview. This will be to test your communication with on the spot questions and to see if you can follow instructions to complete a computer task. You will need to detail oriented in your answers for the manager, and show excitement in your tone. Be prepared to give examples of workplace difficulties, problem resolution, and client interaction.

Interview Questions

• How do you like to spend your days off?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The began with a lower salary then we had discussed but after refusal offered my current hourly rate.

Credit Analyst Interview

Interview

I applied online Keyword search "Zions Bank Careers". Fill out the online application completely. I was called in for an in-person interview. The interview was one-on-one and consisted of the standard interview questions regarding teamwork, analytical ability, attention to detail, etc. The first interview ended with an assessment test (i.e. what is the accounting equation).

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not negotiate.

Social Media Administrator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Zions Bank (Salt Lake City, UT) in August 2011.

Interview

Called four months after applying. I was applying from out of state, so I had to interview with the social media manager first, and then the EVP next. They were awesome to be and accomodated my schedule to theirs, so I interviewed on one day, then had the EVP interview the next Monday.

Both interviews were delightful and I was treated well. It really felt like they wanted to know who you were, not just want your skills were.

Interview Questions

• Banking is a highly-regulated field. How do you think you can use your social media talents, given the restrictions, and help the brand succeed?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I negotiated for them to buy me a smart phone, which they happily did. Asked about relocation assistance and none was given.

I would tell people to not be afraid to negotiate. The Marketing EVP seemed open and flexible, and I should have asked for more.

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Zions Bank (Salt Lake City, UT) in December 2010.

Interview

A friend sent my resume to the HR recruiter. Zions Bank also requires you to apply online, even with internal referrals. An HR representative was my first interview, the EVP of my department was my second, and a final interview was held with two key managers in my department. An offer was made within a week of my last interview via telephone by the recruiter.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I negotiated a higher salary, part-time remote hours, cell phone reimbursement, and time off for school related activities.

Underwriter Interview

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at Zions Bank (Salt Lake City, UT) in April 2010.

Interview

Had a phone interview initially and then interviewed face-to-face the next day. In the 1:1 interview, I was asked three pages of questions, mostly about my past work experiences or challenges I have had and how they were resolved.

Commercial Loan Processor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Zions Bank (West Valley City, UT) in March 2010.

Interview

Very easy going. They are looking for previous experience in the processing or banking field. Need to show a great personallity as you will be working with loan officers and Managers constantly.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They set the pay scale out and I thought it was fair.

Branch Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Zions Bank (Salt Lake City, UT) in March 2009.

Interview

The interview process took over 3 months. With the human resource department being the first step. Then interviewed with a South Salt Lake County Manager, a North Salt Lake County Manager, a Private Banking Officer Manager, then two Executive Management Managers. They are not fast to hire. Be prepared for a long wait.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult or unexpected questions. The hiring team didn't seem to have thoughtful questions prepared.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I stated my desired salary and they gave it to me. I should have asked for more.

Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Zions Bank in March 2009.

Interview

HR gave the first interviews - 2 very short back to back interviews. Then a few department managers gave interviews. Each interviewer was very professional and it was a positive experience. I was excited to work at Zions after the interviewing process. It did take a little while to hear back after each stage.

Interview Questions

• Describe an experience where you were forced to make a decision on a issue without a black and white answer.   Answer Question
    • What is TARP?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I accepted their offer as it was.

Personal Banker Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Zions Bank (Salt Lake City, UT) in January 2009.

Interview

HR can be slow to get back to you after an interview. The type and quality of questions given depend on what branch you are applying at.

Interview Questions

• where do you see yourself in the next 5 years?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They told me what the hourly rate was. No negotiation.