Zions Bank

11 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Commercial Loan Processor Interview

West Valley City, UT

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Zions Bank in March 2010.

Interview Details – Very easy going. They are looking for previous experience in the processing or banking field. Need to show a great personallity as you will be working with loan officers and Managers constantly.

Interview Question – What are your weaknesses?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They set the pay scale out and I thought it was fair.

Credit Analyst Interview

Interviewed at Zions Bank

Interview Details – I applied online Keyword search "Zions Bank Careers". Fill out the online application completely. I was called in for an in-person interview. The interview was one-on-one and consisted of the standard interview questions regarding teamwork, analytical ability, attention to detail, etc. The first interview ended with an assessment test (i.e. what is the accounting equation).

Interview Question – I do not recall, the questions were pretty standard   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate.

Very Easy Interview

Branch Manager Interview

Branch Manager
Salt Lake City, UT

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Zions Bank in March 2009.

Interview Details – The interview process took over 3 months. With the human resource department being the first step. Then interviewed with a South Salt Lake County Manager, a North Salt Lake County Manager, a Private Banking Officer Manager, then two Executive Management Managers. They are not fast to hire. Be prepared for a long wait.

Interview Question – There were no difficult or unexpected questions. The hiring team didn't seem to have thoughtful questions prepared.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I stated my desired salary and they gave it to me. I should have asked for more.

Personal Banker Interview

Personal Banker
Salt Lake City, UT

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Zions Bank in January 2009.

Interview Details – HR can be slow to get back to you after an interview. The type and quality of questions given depend on what branch you are applying at.

Interview Question – where do you see yourself in the next 5 years?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They told me what the hourly rate was. No negotiation.

Social Media Administrator Interview

Salt Lake City, UT

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Zions Bank in August 2011.

Interview Details – Called four months after applying. I was applying from out of state, so I had to interview with the social media manager first, and then the EVP next. They were awesome to be and accomodated my schedule to theirs, so I interviewed on one day, then had the EVP interview the next Monday.

Both interviews were delightful and I was treated well. It really felt like they wanted to know who you were, not just want your skills were.

Interview Question – Banking is a highly-regulated field. How do you think you can use your social media talents, given the restrictions, and help the brand succeed?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I negotiated for them to buy me a smart phone, which they happily did. Asked about relocation assistance and none was given.

I would tell people to not be afraid to negotiate. The Marketing EVP seemed open and flexible, and I should have asked for more.

Marketing Manager Interview

Salt Lake City, UT

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Zions Bank in December 2010.

Interview Details – A friend sent my resume to the HR recruiter. Zions Bank also requires you to apply online, even with internal referrals. An HR representative was my first interview, the EVP of my department was my second, and a final interview was held with two key managers in my department. An offer was made within a week of my last interview via telephone by the recruiter.

Interview Question – What would you do to create a strong brand voice?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I negotiated a higher salary, part-time remote hours, cell phone reimbursement, and time off for school related activities.

Underwriter Interview

Underwriter
Salt Lake City, UT

The process took a day - interviewed at Zions Bank in April 2010.

Interview Details – Had a phone interview initially and then interviewed face-to-face the next day. In the 1:1 interview, I was asked three pages of questions, mostly about my past work experiences or challenges I have had and how they were resolved.

Interview Question – Name one weakness that you have and three strengths.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

The process took 2 months - interviewed at Zions Bank in March 2009.

Interview Details – HR gave the first interviews - 2 very short back to back interviews. Then a few department managers gave interviews. Each interviewer was very professional and it was a positive experience. I was excited to work at Zions after the interviewing process. It did take a little while to hear back after each stage.

Interview Questions

• Describe an experience where you were forced to make a decision on a issue without a black and white answer.   Answer Question
  • What is TARP?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I accepted their offer as it was.

Area Manager Interview

Interviewed at Zions Bank

Interview Details – Competitive research and opportunities to grow area/market area. Ask specific questions about goals, expectations, FTE, decision making authority, structure of area/organization, complete growth plan to include customer service, lending and cultural fit.

Interview Question – Can't think of one   Answer Question

Operations Manager I Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Zions Bank.

Interview Details – I received a call from the HR department to setup an interview with the hiring manager of the credit management department after applying for the position through the company website. I then interviewed with the department manager and the OP Manager level III. They were great to talk with and they were very upfront and direct about everything. The salary range for this position is 34K to 70K DOE.

Interview Question – Explain a time when you had a difficult customer or employee...what was the issue and how did you go about resolving it?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Zions Bank? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Zions Bank interview questions and advice. All 11 interview reviews posted anonymously by Zions Bank employees and interview candidates.