ZipRealty Interview Questions

Updated Mar 10, 2015

2.1

UI Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ZipRealty.

Interview

Contacted by a recruiter via email to set up a time to chat over the phone.
    Phone interview was relatively straight forward - started by describing the company structure in depth then asked questions about my past experience, skills, and compensation. It was more of a conversation than an interview. Said she'll forward my information to the head of recruiting and follow up with an email for an in-person interview.

Interview Questions

• It was a very average interview - no unexpected questions   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at ZipRealty.

Interview

The interview started with a phone conversation with the hiring manager. She was very candid and thorough. Then it was followed up by an in person meeting with more information about the story and history of the company.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a complex manager you worked with and how did you overcome that.   Answer Question

Real Estate Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at ZipRealty.

Interview

interveiw was nice and relaxed no pressure to join the company, the company has a really good CRM system and thats what they sell to you, no fees just the commission spit that really kills everything else.

Interview Questions

• the commission splits are really high almost 70% to the company   Answer Question

commission splits

Sales Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at ZipRealty in May 2014.

Interview

There isn't really an interview as much as there is a pitch to have you join the company. They assume you will be meeting several brokers and ask for your consideration to join the company. Their biggest push is that they have the most amazing software in the business (but they aren't the only company that claims that) that generates leads automatically and can report everything a registered user does.

Interview Questions

• There weren't any questions. Just an explanation of how they work.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Boss gave his pitch (which you could tell has been done many times before you) and said to think about it and let him know. I already knew I wanted to work there so it was easy.

Front End Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Emeryville, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at ZipRealty (Emeryville, CA) in April 2013.

Interview

Originally had an phone interview with the hiring manager who was very nice and easy to talk to. That interview lead to a second phone interview with the project manager of the Zap team a few days later. The night after that phone interview, I got a call to schedule a in person interview for the next week. The in person interview took 2.5 hours with around 15 people total. I felt that I did pretty good but wasn't able to answer all of their technical questions. After the interview they said that they would be contacting me the next day. I never got a single call. I think it is pretty disrespectful to take much of an applicants time and not even give a call back informing them that they are looking for other candidates.

Interview Questions

• White board a function that runs through the Fibonacci sequence and returns the index that is passed in as a parameter.   Answer Question

Client Care Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Emeryville, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ZipRealty (Emeryville, CA) in April 2013.

Interview

I applied and received a call back about a week later. I came in for an interview. The person working the front desk seemed very unhappy. They asked me personality/customer service questions regarding how you handle angry clients, how patient and thorough you are when explaining something to someone. Got a follow up call another week later and came in for a second interview with a higher up manager. New front desk person this time, just as unhappy. They gave me a short written test about basic computer knowledge and I received a job offer.

Realtor Interview

Interview

Smooth process. Recruiter was great

Sales Associate/Real Estate Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grapevine, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at ZipRealty (Grapevine, TX) in February 2013.

Interview

I initially applied online. I received a return call from the recruiter right away. She was very pleasant. The interview was with the district broker. I supplied a copy of my resume of which seemed to be of no use. There was nothing to it. They were looking to bring new agents onboard, so I was offered a position on the spot of course.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question was, "What do you expect from a brokerage?"   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at ZipRealty (Raleigh, NC) in May 2011.

Interview

Very unprofessional. Would never work for this company again!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

they made me an offer and I accepted

Sales Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Patterson, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at ZipRealty (Patterson, CA) in May 2010.

Interview

Initial communications were prompt. It was a 2 hour drive for me. I met with the regional director and he was very personable and easy to talk to. The hiring clerk was very helpful and organized.