Zipcar Interview Questions

Updated Aug 23, 2015

2.7

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Zipcar (Portland, OR) in August 2015.

Interview

Phone interview first. Face to face then a panel interview. The process was a bit frustrating only because they seemed very interested in my skill set but I had to work very hard to get responses and to move the process forward. It took 3 plus weeks to get to the final interview. They also required a presentation to be made on strategies which is difficult when you do not have alot of information about the current inner company workings.

Marketing Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Zipcar (Detroit, MI).

Interview

Seemed like a really cool place to work, laid back environment and cool entry level job. You'll have to take a background check and a drug test. Pay is a little on the low side, but this seems like it would be a great job for someone who wants to get into event planning on the entry level side.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about zipcar?   1 Answer
    • What kind of management experience do you have?   1 Answer

Brand Ambassador Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Zipcar.

Interview

Really simple, nothing extreme. They were your typical interview questions. It was a group interview, one person didn't show up. Me and the other girl got hired on the spot.

Fleet Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Zipcar (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview process went rather smooth. I applied in January 2015 and was contacted for a phone interview towards the end of March. After I conducted the phone interview/screening, I was asked to come to the office in Manhattan for in-person interview. During the in-person interview, I was interviewed by the Fleet operations manager and then by the Senior Manager for fleet and logistics. Both interviews had a relaxed vibe about them, I was asked standard questions and was informed of the duties and responsibiliites for the position. After all the interview, I was given a business card from the Senior manager and was told I would here back by next week. The following week on Friday, I contacted them and was given another phone interview with a different fleet manager. After that i was told that he would confer with the Senior Manager and I would hear back from him next week. Monday of next week came, and I was emailed asking to complete a Zipcar memebership, drug test, background check, with a few other company paperwork through a employee portal website. I called the second fleet manager back asking for a update on my status of my employment, he told me that the background check takes a few days to process and that I should have an offer letter, no later than Tuesday of next week. Tuesday came and I recieved a phonce call from the fleet manager and the senior manager, informing that I had recieved the job and they would email me the offer letter. Once I sent back the signed offer letter, I had to fill out some I-9, tax, and other forms through the employee portal. My start date was set two weeks from the acceptance date, however they gave me an extra week due to the fact, I am coming from out of state.

Interview Questions

• How comfortable are you and do you have any experience with managing people under me?   1 Answer
    • How comfotable are you with Microsoft excel?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Zipcar.

Interview

What interview process? The recruiter kept telling me that they were interested in interviewing me. Every time I sent a response they would take days to reply with nonsensical responses like delayed due to travelling, LinkedIn inbox was broken and such. They asked me to send direct emails which I did, which were confirmed to be delivered but no response. Dont waste people's time.

Interview Questions

• Are you interested in interviewing for this position?   1 Answer

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Zipcar (San Francisco, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

I applied online and received a phone interview a week later. The interviewer was from human resources from Zipcar headquarters in Boston and lasted about twenty minutes. I was suppose to have a second interview and was briefly scheduled, but then a sudden delay happened and when I pressed them, they said that other candidates would be interviewed first. About two minutes of the interview was spent by the recruiter gushing over Zipcar is invested in the LGBT community and how they sponsor parades and it is a key marketing strategy for the company. I kept thinking, "Has he ever been to one of these parades?" "Does he think, I'm gay?" "Does he think everyone from San Francisco is gay?" I'm a local born in San Francisco and I grew up here, I don't understand why someone's sexuality is a marketing strategy. I also don't think it is a wise idea for corporations to spend marketing dollars on a parade where naked people do things in the street and I have to make sure my children are out of town for the weekend. I understand marketing strategy, branding, and how to run a fleet of rental cars, and I also understand hi-tech, etc... My perspective after this interview is that Zipcar (like many companies today) needs better leadership and direction.

Interview Questions

• Why Zipcar? What in your background ties in with this position?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Zipcar.

Interview

The initial email requires that you answer prequalifying questions, such as salary, availability, traveling etc. From your responses, you're asked for a phone interview - which took about 15 minutes. General questions : tell me about yourself, what made you apply?, background information - pretty general and an opportunity to ask any questions. From there, you meet in person - with the employee who you've been speaking with and the GM. Very conversational and laid back environment.

Interview Questions

• What are your ideas can you bring to the table? Are you connected around the community.   Answer Question

Salary was low compared to the job description

Brand Ambassador Interview

Interview

Submitted resume and cover letter via email. Got an email back setting up a phone interview. Then did phone interview with 2 people, one of which is a brand ambassador herself. The interview was not very long. You are welcome to ask questions. The brand ambassador wasn't very welcoming. Maybe it was her first time doing this. She didn't seem at ease with it.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult questions pretty easy: "what do u feel u could bring to the table", "What have u done in the past" stuff like that.   Answer Question

I was asked for a live interview but i declined because I felt we were not a good fit.

Brand Ambassador Interview

Interview

Get referred. Send your resume over. If they like you you get a group interview. If they like you still you get a person to person interview. Interview was very laid back at the office and it's pretty much just to make sure you are someone they want in the work place and someone that can be an asset to the company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Zipcar (San Diego, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

Very casual- it was our hiring manager and the head Brand Ambassador who interviewed me in the conference room. The entire process took maybe about a half an hour.

Interview Questions

• Q: Give us your elevator pitch on Zipcar for someone who isn't familiar with it.   Answer Question