Zipcar Interview Questions

Updated Feb 15, 2015
Updated Feb 15, 2015

2.7

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Zipcar.

What interview process? The recruiter kept telling me that they were interested in interviewing me. Every time I sent a response they would take days to reply with nonsensical responses like delayed due to travelling, LinkedIn inbox was broken and such. They asked me to send direct emails which I did, which were confirmed to be delivered but no response.

Dont waste people's time.

Interview Questions
    • Are you interested in interviewing for this position?   View Answer

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Zipcar in January 2015.

I applied online and received a phone interview a week later. The interviewer was from human resources from Zipcar headquarters in Boston and lasted about twenty minutes. I was suppose to have a second interview and was briefly scheduled, but then a sudden delay happened and when I pressed them, they said that other candidates would be interviewed first. About two minutes of the interview was spent by the recruiter gushing over Zipcar is invested in the LGBT community and how they sponsor parades and it is a key marketing strategy for the company. I kept thinking, "Has he ever been to one of these parades?" "Does he think, I'm gay?" "Does he think everyone from San Francisco is gay?" I'm a local born in San Francisco and I grew up here, I don't understand why someone's sexuality is a marketing strategy. I also don't think it is a wise idea for corporations to spend marketing dollars on a parade where naked people do things in the street and I have to make sure my children are out of town for the weekend. I understand marketing strategy, branding, and how to run a fleet of rental cars, and I also understand hi-tech, etc... My perspective after this interview is that Zipcar (like many companies today) needs better leadership and direction.

Interview Questions
    • Why Zipcar? What in your background ties in with this position?   Answer Question

Marketing Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Zipcar.

The initial email requires that you answer prequalifying questions, such as salary, availability, traveling etc. From your responses, you're asked for a phone interview - which took about 15 minutes. General questions : tell me about yourself, what made you apply?, background information - pretty general and an opportunity to ask any questions. From there, you meet in person - with the employee who you've been speaking with and the GM. Very conversational and laid back environment.

Interview Questions
    • What are your ideas can you bring to the table? Are you connected around the community.   Answer Question

Salary was low compared to the job description

Brand Ambassador Interview

Submitted resume and cover letter via email. Got an email back setting up a phone interview. Then did phone interview with 2 people, one of which is a brand ambassador herself. The interview was not very long. You are welcome to ask questions. The brand ambassador wasn't very welcoming. Maybe it was her first time doing this. She didn't seem at ease with it.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions pretty easy: "what do u feel u could bring to the table", "What have u done in the past" stuff like that.   Answer Question

I was asked for a live interview but i declined because I felt we were not a good fit.

Brand Ambassador Interview

Get referred. Send your resume over. If they like you you get a group interview. If they like you still you get a person to person interview. Interview was very laid back at the office and it's pretty much just to make sure you are someone they want in the work place and someone that can be an asset to the company.

Member Services Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Zipcar.

The interview process was horrible. I was on time, but the hiring manager was running over a half hour late. I was not informed of this. It made me question how much the company valued my time and how they would treat me as an employee. The interview itself seemed more about my personality than my qualifications. None of the questions were job relevant.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online – interviewed at Zipcar.

Applied online and got a call within a few days. Met with the Marketing Team and was offered the position a few days later. The total time was about a week and a half.

Interview Questions
    • Not overly difficult asked questions about what you knew about Zipcar and Sales experience.   Answer Question
    No negotiation they start everyone at the same rate for this job.

Brand Ambassador Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Zipcar.

Interviewed with two marketing coordinators. they were very nice. the interview turned into more of a conversation.

They told me 11.50 an hour

Member Services Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Zipcar.

Phone interview then face to face interview with management

Interview Questions
    There was none, they laid it on the table and said take it or leave it

Zipcar Brand Ambassador Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

interviewed at Zipcar in March 2014.

First interview was with the Lead Coordinator, second is with the City's Market Manager. This interview happened to be on the phone(on speakerphone) with the Market Manager and the Market Coordinator. I felt it to be extraordinarily unprofessional to do a hiring-level interview over the phone with more than one person. That shows a lack of judgement, and thoughtfulness towards your prospective employers.

Interview Questions
    • When have you had a time when you've ever had to close a sale?   Answer Question